test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we finally get a T6 Luna now?

foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
I happened to notice a Lower Decks clip on Youtube from the final episode apparently. I'll not spoil much, but a Luna class ship was shown. I hope that means we will get a T6 Luna in game in the future.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Its not entirely unlikely but I suspect it would head to promo box if so
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Chances are...before the T6 Nova.

This.

Yes, that's quite possible.. i love that ship BTW.. a T6 would be cool!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    We will have playable Borg Cubes before we see a T6 Nova in this game.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yes, you will. No, you may not like the way you get it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    We will have playable Borg Cubes before we see a T6 Nova in this game.

Unless a Nova happens to show up in a show, like what just happened with the Lunda. If that does happen then that ship will suddenly get more interest, which Cryptic will cash in on.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Yes, you will. No, you may not like the way you get it.

I suspect anything that is anticipated to be popular will go in one of the two lockboxes from now on. Its why I DONT ask for a fehkiri kar'fi even though I love that little catfish. I am sure if they ever release it, will be in some promo box especially since ships of their race were given to all through winter events
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Odds are the Luna will be C-Store.

As for the Catfish... since the Fek'lhri ships are going through the winter event... current closest analog is the Fer'rang Carrier. How they address the Kar'fi later... we'll just have to wait and see.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I tend to agree, but only because we already have the T4-5 versions in game. If not for that, they would almost certainly be going in a box (and still may) regardless of there being no 'in game' reason (like being a strange/unusual ship for a normal fed captain to fly).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The Avenger and Arbiter were C-Store, and yet the Inquiry was a box item despite being listed as a related class including item set bonus. So anything could happen and I'm dreading the possibility the Luna won't be normal (non-Mudd) C-Store.

I miss the days of looking forward to new regular C-Store releases and being excited for 25th century skins for beloved ship classes.
    rattler2 wrote: »

As for the Catfish... since the Fek'lhri ships are going through the winter event... current closest analog is the Fer'rang Carrier. How they address the Kar'fi later... we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes FekIhri ships used to be one(the kar'fi) and only KDF side. Since, through winter event, ships of that race became avaliable to all factions and the Kar'fi is popular(many fed alligned players asked for it to become avaliable after storr warship first released as part of winter event) its not at all unlikely they will try to monetize it. That is because federation side is more populated which means more potential buyers if they made a T6 avaliable to all through promo or lockbox. That said I do hope I am wrong and see it come in an event or c-store someday
    edited October 2020
    I don't think I'll purchase zen ever again if they pull a Vizier or especially an Inquiry with this. The poor Luna never got a T5-U, it should at least get a regular T6, as it was one of the game's original endgame ships. Especially when they're alternatively doing stuff like the Akira and Nebula bundles. But I know the chances of that are most likely nil.
    If on some chance they made it a normal C-Store release, I'd blow my low priority savings on it and an experimental upgrade token.
    Post edited by novapolaris#2925 on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Kael pretty much confirmed the T6 Luna on priority 1, he said something from Lower Decks would be coming to STO in about 2 months but that he couldn't say what it was because it would spoil a surprise from the finale (the podcast was recorded before the episode aired).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Kael pretty much confirmed the T6 Luna on priority 1, he said something from Lower Decks would be coming to STO in about 2 months but that he couldn't say what it was because it would spoil a surprise from the finale (the podcast was recorded before the episode aired).

I remember hearing about that. I hope that means it'll be a normally available T6, and not an exclusive T6.

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I really enjoyed the season finale of Lower Decks & was impressed with its first season. The U.S.S. Titan's appearance, along with famous crew members, was a good surprise. I do hope we get a T6 version of the Luna-class & the California-class eventually but must come with a cartoon ship-skin PLEASE. The question, which was mentioned already up in the thread, is how these ships might be delivered into the game being possible for all or just the gamblers???
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Luna never got a T5-U

Isn't there a fleet-T5-version that you can T5-U? I'm pretty sure there is.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    theoryfive wrote: »
    Luna never got a T5-U

Isn't there a fleet-T5-version that you can T5-U? I'm pretty sure there is.

Yes, but that doesn't help anyone who isn't in a fleet, and still costs you almost as much as a T6 to do all that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I really enjoyed the season finale of Lower Decks & was impressed with its first season. The U.S.S. Titan's appearance, along with famous crew members, was a good surprise. I do hope we get a T6 version of the Luna-class & the California-class eventually but must come with a cartoon ship-skin PLEASE. The question, which was mentioned already up in the thread, is how these ships might be delivered into the game being possible for all or just the gamblers???

It should be C-Store. And hopefully KDF will get something as well.
    I'll laugh if the trait has a jazz reference.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It'll probably come with a Jazz Hands Ship Emote. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I do hope that the KDF gets something to go along with it (maybe Vindicta's ship?), even if they don't I am HYPED for T6 Luna! The Luna was my first ever T5 back before T6 was even a thing, and my T5-U fleet Luna has served me well as my go-to crowd control ship for STFs for years. She's a beautiful ship, and like many of Starfleet's science vessels is quite overdue for a T6 debut.

Now where's the Nova, Oberth, and a proper Olympic? I saw that ship docked at DS9 in Mariner's flashback, you can't keep a proper Pasteur from us forever!
    Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
    Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
    General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier
    The matter for Sci vessels is every time Cryptic released a new Sci or Eng ship people would complain on twitch about them not being made a tac ship
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    The matter for Sci vessels is every time Cryptic released a new Sci or Eng ship people would complain on twitch about them not being made a tac ship

There are way more tac ships in this game than we need. They are kinda getting generic at this point.

The Luna, though, that could be a 4/2 sci ship like the Vanguard Carrier, give it a LTC tac, and you've got a nice tactical oriented science ship that could do the weapons oriented science role very well.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I was expecting a T6 Luna would lean a bit to tac.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Well that was unexpected.
    Wonder if will be just a rework of the existing model or if we get an actual T6 version of it to go along with it?
    Looks like it uses the Defiant material?
This discussion has been closed.