test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 10/8/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 6/10 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Is there going to be any fix for the Advanced Phasers? Their buff only goes up to 20% now instead of 60%
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates and fixes, Cryptic! May those who have lost their characters have their characters returned to them as well as those who have not been able to get into Star Trek Online due to an incorrect error message claiming their video card is not compatible to the game when it is.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Some badly needed fixes.. thanks!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    DANIELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU ARE AT IT AGAIN
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    So... I keep hearing vague rumors about this bug that's requiring people to respec.... (although I will not that there is no mention of it from an official source on the official forum)... is that accurate, something I should be worried about.... will be made unnecessary by this patch.... etc?

P.S. Please don't refer me to Reddit; the STO subreddit mods banned me two years ago.

I've been reading in game chat that some players have been respecing because they have heard the same as you. But like you I have seen nothing official. I did read one comment that Borticus stated so on reddit. Until I see an official blog or post I am not doing anything. It is supposed be be because toons created way back are messing with the coding or something.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1258012/borticus-says-to-respec-your-toon-or-it-will-break-the-game/p1
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    So... I keep hearing vague rumors about this bug that's requiring people to respec.... (although I will not that there is no mention of it from an official source on the official forum)... is that accurate, something I should be worried about.... will be made unnecessary by this patch.... etc?

P.S. Please don't refer me to Reddit; the STO subreddit mods banned me two years ago.

I've been reading in game chat that some players have been respecing because they have heard the same as you. But like you I have seen nothing official. I did read one comment that Borticus stated so on reddit. Until I see an official blog or post I am not doing anything. It is supposed be be because toons created way back are messing with the coding or something.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1258012/borticus-says-to-respec-your-toon-or-it-will-break-the-game/p1

way back meaning... 2011? 2014?

Exactly when is way back.
  • Options

that's useless information when I'm a player who started in 2013 and don't know if that's considered "way back" enough or not....

Sent you a message with the link to the thread on reddit
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Is the Phoenix Box event going to be extended due to the problem?
  • Options
    Is the Phoenix Box event going to be extended due to the problem?

Doubt it. But who can tell. I'm hoping that we get three boxes today to make up for the two days lost. But again I doubt that too.
  • Options

that's useless information when I'm a player who started in 2013 and don't know if that's considered "way back" enough or not....

Which I can't read.

The message or the link . If the link you want me to paste the initial post
  • Options

Which I can't read.

The message or the link . If the link you want me to paste the initial post

You know what, never flipping mind. I guess those of us banned from reddit just have to flipping wonder.

The link takes me to a "collapsed" post that I can't open.

Pasted the initial post anyways
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The skills area needs to be respeced cause of the update on the ability to add more traits and such with the new update.
    If you look under your skills you will see at the bottom a retrain button and it will be the only button there.
    This is a free retrain cause of what they have done to update the skills / traits etc system with the new upgrade.
    *note, I dont like having to respec 12 people at all, it takes me almost 10 minutes a piece to do this so yeah, im still at it for 12 people with everything that happened yesterday I gave up after it came up and only did the event. Today I am hopeful to finish the rest. Note: respecing 12 people is highly irritating and tedious and not welcomed to have to do again for 12 toons!
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    bmedbmed Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    well i spent 40k dilithium to convert to phoenix tech upgrades.. it took my dilithium and let me convert them but there is no phoenix upgrade items in my r&d.. nothing, nada, zilch... i would at least like my 40k dilithium back
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    i spent 8000 dil on the new Defiant skin already owning all the other versions including t6 and t6 fleet guess what just the red stripes no shark teeth on the bridge the whole reason I got the skin and that is just the latest lies STO has done against long time PAYING customers with the bugged give away and the bridge officer lies and now messing up our toons and a false error message for video cards like mine a msi amd 580 with direct x11 and all we get is too bad so sad you missed out and then the whale/moderators censoring people for having a problem with being dumped on by a company for so long
  • Options
    bifftacular#5407 bifftacular Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I heard the same thing yesterday as well. Even read reposts of what Bort said and I was not, and current am still not, happy about having to respec all my different characters. I have a lot of alts and getting them all done with the free time I have to play the game means I'll likely being respecing for months. Since I rarely have time to do anything in game anymore outside of the continued event spam. Most days I have 15-20 minutes of time to play. Since a lot of events take at least that long, no character respec'd on those days.

But I have seen nothing official posted on the forums either. If this is a legit problem, which I'm relatively certain it is, then the Devs can come HERE and tell us. If they don't want to, fine. But considering how many alts I will have to respec, I think I'll just wait until it's officially mentioned here. I'd rather not waste my time respec'ing if it turns out to be something that ends up fixed in a patch, say next week.

Does this mean I'll have more difficulty in game, with potentially my characters being broken and not up to par with where they were before? Perhaps, but if I notice it, I'll simply file bug reports every day until it is fixed. Which is as simple as the Devs acknowledging the issue on their official site. That shouldn't be too hard for them.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated, not by how other actually treat you.
  • Options

I heard the same thing yesterday as well. Even read reposts of what Bort said and I was not, and current am still not, happy about having to respec all my different characters. I have a lot of alts and getting them all done with the free time I have to play the game means I'll likely being respecing for months. Since I rarely have time to do anything in game anymore outside of the continued event spam. Most days I have 15-20 minutes of time to play. Since a lot of events take at least that long, no character respec'd on those days.

But I have seen nothing official posted on the forums either. If this is a legit problem, which I'm relatively certain it is, then the Devs can come HERE and tell us. If they don't want to, fine. But considering how many alts I will have to respec, I think I'll just wait until it's officially mentioned here. I'd rather not waste my time respec'ing if it turns out to be something that ends up fixed in a patch, say next week.

Does this mean I'll have more difficulty in game, with potentially my characters being broken and not up to par with where they were before? Perhaps, but if I notice it, I'll simply file bug reports every day until it is fixed. Which is as simple as the Devs acknowledging the issue on their official site. That shouldn't be too hard for them.

As stated by @fred26291#2759 The new experimental token rewrote part of the coding to make the extra room, so it will show as all current skills as invalid. You can respec for free (I did at least) just take screen shots of your current build (s) and do over again.
  • Options
    mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    How 'bout fixing the bugs in the Featured Synth TFO... I sat there for more than 45 minutes killing synth ships while waiting for a cruiser that refused to move during the daily because of god only know what reason.

When the dialog says fall back, you end the TFO instead of making the players take the punishment because of some trigger that wasn't happening.

You know it's a bad thing when I'm forced to abandon a TFO and take the penalty.

Congratulations on making a TFO even more abusive than boring.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    * Some players are missing some of their characters, these will be returned.
    One of those is my ex-spouse.

Please keep that one.

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Okay, so the issue with ships getting stuck and dragging out the queue was clearly not fixed. I ran one earlier and aside from the horrendous lag, there was a transport that wouldn't move. One player kept healing it so there was no way to progress. Even after being asked several times to stop healing it they kept doing it. Once 3 other teammates left, I did as well. 40 minutes of "fun". And no WAY was I going to try it again.

Guess I'll try yet again after the next patch. But definitely not getting my hopes up.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    daisydunkdaisydunk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Unsupported DX is still here so sick of this TRIBBLE. roll back your lame patch if its bug ridden or causes players not to be able to play issues.
    running dx11 also and same message. running dll version 10.1 Logged into today and same issue. says error code = need to be greater than directx 10. I'm no rocket scientist but pretty sure 10.1 is greater than 10. Are we going to get credit back for subscription cost? Are we gonna get extra days on the event? Your patch message says its known issue. Fix the issue immediately or roll back you lame patch that screwed up a % of you player base. We are working on it doesn't mean its acceptable for a week to go by till you people fix it. If you can't fix it today then roll back and test TRIBBLE before you release it live. you know do that customer service thing and admit you screwed the pooch and roll it back then test the next patch out before you release it. I do see how that would cause a mental dilemma and would go against long established patterns of patches we no testing required.
  • Options
    mslefaye#9397 mslefaye Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Still having ships stuck in new TFO still no fix for Reward Boxes from Red Angel suit event. Have about 20 of them can't use and they are supposed to be 50K.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Still having ships stuck in new TFO still no fix for Reward Boxes from Red Angel suit event. Have about 20 of them can't use and they are supposed to be 50K.

Yep, transports still get stuck.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Think you should temporarily drop the leavers penalty on this TFO, somtimes your lukcy and the TFO completes, other wise you can be in the TFO over 40 mins watching dumb synths unable to kill a dumb cruiser or transport in the hope of avoiding a leavers penalty, which time and tide means for your own sanity, doing nothing, logically you leave.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
This discussion has been closed.