test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interesting note on endeavors

swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
I had 2 Kill x number of y endeavors, and while working on both, I got DCed. Each time, when I logged back in, progress had been lost. (The second time, I'd killed 20+ Tholians out of 60, so I'd made decent progress.) My guess is that the client tracks endeavor progress, and only updates the server on logout or completion.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Did you log into the same character or a different one? Because progress for the personals doesn't carry over other than complete/incomplete. So if you had 1/2 of the kills on your main, got DC'd, and decided to play an alt to finish it, it would have 0 progress on the alt. You SHOULD still have progress on the main though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Actually, I also got problem today with endavour - the hardest was 500k plasma damage in space, I did the new TFO with my Romulan toon, and I did had it marked as done, but when the TFO ended, the endavour tracer got back to Plasma damage 0/500 000 - I was no amused...
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Same character, same map both times. Got DCed, and logged right back in.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Had that happen a couple of weeks ago before the new patch. I had two different Tholian ground endeavors, so they were tracking together, but got SNR'd indefinitely and had to force-close the game before I finished the higher count. Logged back in and lost all progress.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I noticed that as well. You can get 90% of the endeavor done get a SNR which happens none stop these days and lose the entire progress.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Sounds like a bug to me.
    While I admit I have not experienced this myself... it just... that doesn't sound like WAI. Maybe submit a bug report or ask a Mod to move this thread to the Bug Report section of the forums?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I also had this issue yesterday. I had to kill x60 Borg (Ground). I was in the Defera zone. The zone hard crashed and I was booted from the server.

When I logged back in to the same character, all endeavour progress had been lost. This actually happened to me twice. The second time, I was up to 58 Borg when it crashed so I wasn't particularly pleased to see it reset again to 0.

I managed to get my 60 on the third attempt.

I'm at endeavour rank 330+ - this is the first time that this sort of thing has ever happened which made me believe that there was a major crash or hard reset of the Defera BZ, particularly as when I did get back in, there were 10 other people 'beaming' in to the zone.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Posted to the bug forum, with a pointer to here.
This discussion has been closed.