test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warning: Due to Recent Purchase Activity on Your Account...

All items purchased from the Zen store will be temporarily account bound for several days. Etc...

Does this restriction ever change or go away? Am I stuck with this forever?

I'm just an ordinary player looking to have fun and this is quickly becoming an irritation. For example, say I want to buy a single key for a dollar and sell it on the exchange for EC so I can buy some needed duty officers. Why prevent me? I am still a newer player not quite two weeks in but still. And it seems to want to limit my ability to buy Zen from time to time. Say I want to buy ten bucks of Zen each month. Why stop me? My account security is up to date and my CC company keeps an eye out. So why are you doing this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Its normal and wears off after 10 days, It is anti-fraud and nothing they can really do about it, If they make up some new rules scammers just abuse the rules. If you buy the items for yourself it doesn't really matter. People say if you buy zen thru arc you don't always get the fraud protection bind after having an established payment method.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102143-updates-to-anti-fraud-measures
  • Options
    neutronium09#8310 neutronium09 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Its normal and wears off after 10 days, It is anti-fraud and nothing they can really do about it, If they make up some new rules scammers just abuse the rules. If you buy the items for yourself it doesn't really matter. People say if you buy zen thru arc you don't always get the fraud protection bind after having an established payment method.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11102143-updates-to-anti-fraud-measures

So, It should wear off my account after today. Thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know. You have a good day.
  • Options
    dicehunter#4931 dicehunter Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @"neutronium09#8310" said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > So, It should wear off my account after today. Thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know. You have a good day.

In reality it has very little to do with anything anti scammer related, From the plethora of reddit posts I've read it's mainly a way of trying to get you to buy Zen directly through Arc instead of Steam or Epic because if you buy direct from Arc they get all the profits, If you buy through Steam or Epic those platforms get a cut.

The probation period is basically them saying "wink wink nudge nudge buy through us instead or we'll continue these lockouts".
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    > @neutronium09#8310 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > So, It should wear off my account after today. Thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know. You have a good day.

In reality it has very little to do with anything anti scammer related, From the plethora of reddit posts I've read it's mainly a way of trying to get you to buy Zen directly through Arc instead of Steam or Epic because if you buy direct from Arc they get all the profits, If you buy through Steam or Epic those platforms get a cut.

The probation period is basically them saying "wink wink nudge nudge buy through us instead or we'll continue these lockouts".
    People say all sorts of things in various forums. Bottom line is fraud impacts everybody.

If you buy Zen via your ARC account it's likely your information is easier to confirm given it's checks and balances as compared to adding a third party into the transaction process.
    Its normal ... It is anti-fraud and nothing they can really do about it, If they make up some new rules scammers just abuse the rules. If you buy the items for yourself it doesn't really matter. People say if you buy zen thru arc you don't always get the fraud protection bind after having an established payment method.

This answer is 100% correct ^ (including the part in italics).
  • Options
    midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    > @neutronium09#8310 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

People say all sorts of things in various forums. Bottom line is fraud impacts everybody.

If you buy Zen via your ARC account it's likely your information is easier to confirm given it's checks and balances as compared to adding a third party into the transaction process.

Agreed
  • Options
    dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    It's an anti-fraud protection... so that if your payment does not go through, they can yank whatever you bought off the server.

Generally it's only noticeable if you are buying things for resale (such as keys) or buying zen to convert to dilithium.

Or buying dil to take advantage of the Upgrade weekend. Seeing as the price of dil has gone up ten zen per in the past sixteen hours, I'd say that's why most people are doing it.

As for the speculation... if Cryptic wants you to buy through Arc then the ingame purchase window should say so rather than suggest you pay with your Steam Wallet.
  • Options
    valno#7562 valno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I went through a VERY eerily similar situation awhile back.

I, uhhh, "got the message" LOL! I only buy DIRECT from Cryptic.
    "I'll allow it..."