test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to post longer replies without the Post button sliding off the page or editing?

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
How do you to post longer replies without the Post button sliding off the page or editing? In Firefox for me at least, the text window will expand as you have more text it than the starting box will hold, causing the 'Post' button to slide off the bottom of the page, rendering it unclickable as the scroll bar/wheel won't go any farther down. Editing expands the box for some reason, but might require multiple edits to work. However, I'm seeing some people post far larger posts than I can without edits showing, so is this under a different browser, or running some sort of extension?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Hit tab until it highlights the buttons. Unfortunately the trade off is that it pushes some stuff up under the top of the forums.

Its not ideal... but it works.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    phubbykun wrote: »
    This is what happens when the cheapest option (in this case, forum provider) is used.

Except that its only come up this year. We've never had this problem in the past on these forums. The last problem we had was posts being eaten sometimes when you edit them.
    Not saying they're perfect... but this is only a recent issue that came up.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hit tab until it highlights the buttons. Unfortunately the trade off is that it pushes some stuff up under the top of the forums.

Its not ideal... but it works.

Cool, trying that.
    Four tabs it seems like.
    Thanks.

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Better solution:

Place the cursor after your message. Hit enter multiple times, thus adding like ten additional lines to your post. Backspace to remove the additional lines.

(Had no one figured this out yet?)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Better solution:

Place the cursor after your message. Hit enter multiple times, thus adding like ten additional lines to your post. Backspace to remove the additional lines.

Huh. That previously did not work, unless it's only Enter that can do it and not regular text. When this started I tried cutting the extra text, which made the buttons come back, but re-pasting made the buttons disappear again. Also, I did try enter and backspacing a few times too, just not 10 times.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Better solution:

Huh. That previously did not work, unless it's only Enter that can do it and not regular text. When this started I tried cutting the extra text, which made the buttons come back, but re-pasting made the buttons disappear again.

Copying and pasting text seems to suffer from bugs as well, so I've avoided doing that as much as possible.

For me, pressing Enter at the end of your post a few times and then removing the extra lines, works perfectly. (Just counted, hitting it 4 times is enough actually.)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I do all my posting on mobile, so Tabs are not a thing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Better solution:

Huh. That previously did not work, unless it's only Enter that can do it and not regular text. When this started I tried cutting the extra text, which made the buttons come back, but re-pasting made the buttons disappear again.

Copying and pasting text seems to suffer from bugs as well, so I've avoided doing that as much as possible.

For me, pressing Enter at the end of your post a few times and then removing the extra lines, works perfectly. (Just counted, hitting it 4 times is enough actually.)

Not only that but you are not able to copy and paste in the Arc client. You have to do it through an Internet browser.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.