Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 9/29/20

2»

Comments

• Options
    mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Perhaps, but if it wasn't broken. Why fix it?

Agreed, granted it's not a massive thing like some drama queens are making it out to be but it was a pointless 'improvement'

• Options
    diggingcrumpetdiggingcrumpet Member Posts: 88 Bug Hunter
    Is the nebula coming soon?
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    We value your feedback ...

Well, I DO have some feedback.
    Not only did that last patch NOT help with STOs heavy performence issues (actually it seems more like it got even worse), but this readjustment of the inventorys minimum size, REALLY bugs me!
    I don't use the auto-reorganize function, since I'm unhappy with the result.
    I'm organizing my inventory myself. And organized it was! Everything had its place and I NEVER had to search for anything!
    I've also barely ever seen the overflow bag, since my inventory was so nicely organized...
    And now it's a complete and utter MESS!
    I REALLY dislike this new size restriction!
    Of course I could reorganize all the inventorys and resize all the windows on all of my characters, but due to the sheer amount of characters I got, this would take me some time (time I can not spend actually playing the game, by the way).
    I guess I will grow accustomed to this change after a while... BUT...
    BEFORE I do all of this, I like to know if the inventory is supposed to stay this way, or if there is a chance this mess will be rolled back to the way it was before, any time soon?
    Please let me know.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    I thought this patch was supposed to fix rubberbanding ? I spent 30 minutes trying to get 10 ground kills due to suddenly flying backwards through terrain ?
    Add to this one even finishes and you throw a red alert and then yet another event at us, I for one am getting tired of constant events, Defiance (to name one) did this and the clan I was part off just walked away.
    Now I'm sure there's plenty of whales that will buyout the event on day 1 so I guess we're stuck with this pattern ?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    As an FYI... it appears to have been caused by adding the binding filter... if you open up that filters thing, you'll see that they go all the way across when the inventory is set to 10.

Maybe they could shrink the size of the font for the filters or drop the boxes so they spread out over 2 lines instead of one long line. Maybe even some at the top and some at the bottom, just for the sake of uniformity? :P
  • Options
    tichepotato#4965 tichepotato Member Posts: 12 Arc User

This is the single biggest over reaction maybe in the history of the forums. This level of freaking out over an inventory window that you keep closed 90% of the time is off the charts level crazy.

Seriously, quit playing all games and get yourself some help. You're completely insane.

Is it a gross overreaction? Yes. Does that justify calling them completely insane? I don't believe so. The change to the minimum inventory width is something that's twisting my head every time I open it, and while you may not care, most of the posts in this thread are from people who have a legitimate issue with it that you seem blind to.
  • Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    The solution is simple:

In the Options dialog add a setting to turn on/off the binding filters, and lock/unlock the minimum width of the Inventory dialog as appropriate to the curent setting.

It shouldn't require much development effort, since the underlying resizing code is obviously still present, if now restricted. The minimum width should be a dynamic value anyway given that they may have to adjust the interface further in future, and the necessary code for hiding/displaying interface elements is already present and should be reusable. I wouldn't expect such a change to be much at risk of impacting other systems, such as interface scaling, but you never can tell.

Overall though, this ought to be a relatively straightforward change and should diffuse much of the frustration before it has chance to escalate, especially if the filters are disabled by default and the option is clearly labeled as locking the width when enabled.
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    In another thread a while a go, I put forward my hope that STO wouldn't fall into the 3 weeks on, one week off Event cycle like Defiance did.

Guess I was wrong. And people like having shiny keys jingled above them to distract them from the issues and giving feedback which is 90% (estimated, give or take 10%) ignored by the developers.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    In another thread a while a go, I put forward my hope that STO wouldn't fall into the 3 weeks on, one week off Event cycle like Defiance did.

Guess I was wrong. And people like having shiny keys jingled above them to distract them from the issues and giving feedback which is 90% (estimated, give or take 10%) ignored by the developers.

^^^
    STO been in this cycle for 2 years now...it's hardly 'new' (And no, I don't like it either and I've cut back on my STO playing time as a result because the content they force you to run is just not fun after the 14th time.) This lab rat refuses to chase the particular carrots (and BTW the rewards are getting worse too - just what I need another useless ground combat pet.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    As expected the rubberbanding and console power activation is still game-breaking or worse than before.

""""I am so surprised and had such high hopes"""" (imagine saying that with a straight face).
    As an FYI... it appears to have been caused by adding the binding filter... if you open up that filters thing, you'll see that they go all the way across when the inventory is set to 10.

That would explain it, good catch. All they'd have to to is stack it below. Clearly this bothers or is a problem for a lot of people for various reasons like smaller screen resolutions. I find it slightly annoying but so far haven't found problems with it like blocking other interfaces.
    the rewards are getting worse too - just what I need another useless ground combat pet.)
    I actually think it is a 'must-have' since you can equip such combat pets to your away team to give a significant boost. Not sure if you can stack it like a dino with a walker, can't be bothered to play this rubberbanding broken mess much to try.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I take back what I said about improvements. This morning and after was just as bad as pre-patch. Cryptic you need to do something about Akamai and your ISP if you want to really eliminate the problem.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    brad#3291 brad Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Have they fixed the mission Temporal Ambassador yet?
  • Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Rubber banding is worse than before, no change of latency, more server disconnects after the patch. Great work.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The update also seems to have deleted the "To Hell With Honor" event. For those who want to buy out, or finished the event but didn't claim the prize, there is no place to do so.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    you can resize the inventory window by yourself you know.
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I personally had mine at eight items, which I think was the old default, and it's a bit... disconcerting... to see the ten items now but I'll get used to it. Maybe I'm not as OCD about it as some of the people who are like "OMG all my stuff is disorganized now!"
    Hehe... over in the US I might indeed be diagnosed with OCD, but here in Germany, being organized is just the normal way to get your stuff done. Maybe it's even a philosophy of life for us? However, as a German, having your stuff properly organized is perfectly fine and healthy... ;)
    And by the way, NOT needing to rely on search filters to find your items (and then still struggle to find it, because the item you're looking for is always on another character) is SUCH a nice thing! No, really... :p

qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I personally had mine at eight items, which I think was the old default, and it's a bit... disconcerting... to see the ten items now but I'll get used to it. Maybe I'm not as OCD about it as some of the people who are like "OMG all my stuff is disorganized now!"
    Hehe... over in the US I might indeed be diagnosed with OCD, but here in Germany, being organized is just the normal way to get your stuff done. Maybe it's even a philosophy of life for us? However, as a German, having your stuff properly organized is perfectly fine and healthy... ;)
    And by the way, NOT needing to rely on search filters to find your items (and then still struggle to find it, because the item you're looking for is always on another character) is SUCH a nice thing! No, really... :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the filters useless. I tend to organize my inventory loosely as well. Trash at the bottom, more important things at the top.
This discussion has been closed.