test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

outfit uses invalid parts

when attempting to customize my ship in any way I will get the message "outfit uses invalid parts". The customization its self seems to be bugged as when I choose a part I want it auto selects a different part one I don't own. Specifically I'm trying to give my Chimesh class ship the appearance of the T5 variant. Just like you can do with other T6 ships and there T5 variants IE the dreadnought warbird or the odyssey ships. I cant seem to change the windows or the material either it is completely broken. I filed a report but was recommended to post my issue here too. As of now its still broken
Tagged:

Comments

• bowlingball2bowlingball2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    True but the game says I can use the parts it doesn't show the ZEN symbol on the parts I wish to use and when I am able to select the part I get no cost just the ability to click accept. Then I get the "outfit uses invalid parts" this isn't just for parts either I get the message when trying to change material or windows too. Also when trying to configure my ship I have noticed that when I try to select a specific part, I click on it it auto selects a different part meaning I cant choose parts from various ships. I contacted ARC support and they too believe this to be a bug
    my confusion is that of the six sets only two that say I need to spend ZEN on them the others don't display the need to spend to use. in the customization menu I see the six sets only the other two T6 sets show the ZEN price while all three T5 sets show no price leading me to think I should be able to use them. could the price not showing be a bug itself? And what about the Shamshir warbird its a T6 but you can use the T5 parts for free, this isn't a base model ship like the defiant or galaxy which you get for free.
    I haven't purchased the T5 parts I wish to use.

With the Shamshir though it was the first ship I ever bought and I immediately used the T5 parts with no other purchases for free but only the T5 parts for the corresponding variant since the Samshir is the engineering one it let me use the T5 engineering parts for free but not tactical or science. which is what I wanted to do with the Chimesh.