test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[UNRESOLVED] Ticket 306496 - STO crashes at the loading screen

andrewndb#1834 andrewndb Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited September 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm trying to play the game on a different computer and it just crashes on the "LOADING..." screen with the House Divided logo in the center. A screen pops up that says, "We're sorry! Something has gone wrong." "Crash processing complete" and "Incident ID for customer service at support.arcgames.com. 21f8a1" with the option to "Restart Star Trek Online," but doing so just makes it crash at the same spot.

Could it be the game doesn't like the on-board video card (Intel HD Graphics Core i3)? If so, I'm not really sure what to do... there really isn't any way to update the driver or anything.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz
6 gigs of RAM
Windows 10
Post edited by andrewndb#1834 on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    have you completed a file check from the launcher?
    are you using the arc login, steam, or the exe in the file folder?

Where is the file check in the launcher? I don't see any option for that.

I'm just clicking on the shortcut for STO it put on the desktop, then clicking Engage.
  • Options
    have you completed a file check from the launcher?
    are you using the arc login, steam, or the exe in the file folder?

Where is the file check in the launcher? I don't see any option for that.

I'm just clicking on the shortcut for STO it put on the desktop, then clicking Engage.

should be an "options" clickable word at the top...then check the box that says "force verify," then close that, input PW etc, and it should check all files and make corrections as needed, if needed.

It went through a lot of "Verifying ____" and now is patching the whole game. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,474 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Remember to first turn off On Demand Patching and then turn on Force Verify. Otherwise, the solution might not work.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Remember to first turn off On Demand Patching and then turn on Force Verify. Otherwise, the solution might not work.

I didn't do that, and sure enough it crashed at the same part it did before after patching itself. Will try it again with On Demand Patching off and Force Verify on.
  • Options
    OK, I tried turning off On Demand Patching and turned on Force Verify. It still crashes at the same spot.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    are you using the arc launcher, or steam, or the exe from the file location?

Tried all of the above (well, not Steam... I don't use that). Doesn't make any difference... still crashes.
  • Options
    FYI, I heard back on my ticket. They advised to update my video driver, but after I told them it says it's up to date they said Cryptic would have to do a fix on their end. *shrug*
  • Options
    I got this response: "Thank you for the reply.

For more information about developer fixes, please log into the forums, post a thread, and they will address your issues. Customer Service mainly handles billing and account related queries. Thanks!
    Regards,
    GM Chancellor Knuckles
    Senior Game Master"

It's still crashing.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    This is what dxdiag tells me:

ss.jpg

There is no newer driver for it. I can try to uninstall it and reinstall the game... but because this is a fresh install and I've already tried the file checking (above), I'm not optimistic that would change anything.
  • Options
    you may need to visit the intel site then and see if it can validate what unit you have to determine if it meets the minimums for the game.

I don't think there's anything on the Intel site that validates things. I mean, it's hard to believe the graphics chip wouldn't work with the game... since it came out two years after the game first came out.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I didn’t want to post, because it is hard to diagnose without seeing your system. I had a laptop with an onboard intel video card that had similar problems. I had to run the game in safe mode then play with the graphic settings till it ran stable
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    If for example I turn on lighting 2.0 it crashes very quickly. If I run the old lighting with the bloom up all the way DS9 looks ok and the game is stable. Poor laptop runs hot though. It isn’t an optimal rig.
  • Options
    qultuq wrote: »
    If for example I turn on lighting 2.0 it crashes very quickly. If I run the old lighting with the bloom up all the way DS9 looks ok and the game is stable. Poor laptop runs hot though. It isn’t an optimal rig.

I can't even get into the game to change any graphical settings.