test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Afterlife

Three of the Fek'Ihri ships spawn too close to the planet and are untargetable.

Is it a random spawning issue and I'm unlucky or is this like Temporal Ambassador and the only option is to skip?

Comments

• darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yep it is screwed up as per usual. cannot be completed and has to be skipped. I aborted it 4 times but each time that 3rd group was not target-able I had to skip that mission entirely.

You know if they put as much effort into fixing the bugs prior to release as they do into making lockbox scams then the game would be great.

I had enough EC to buy 100 keys and opened 100 angel boxes, know what I got?

Nothing, Zero, Nada, Absolute junk 100 boxes for nothing, even the TRIBBLE was crappier than usual.
  • krausickrausic Member Posts: 2 New User
    I had this issue too. On PC, but was directed to this thread to report by GM. Two of the groups of Fek'Ihri ships (on the left from the initial spawn point) work fine. But the group on the right are not targetable. You can, on occasion, actually select them and highlight, but on closing within weapon range it simply doesn't recognize them. I attempted several times all the tactics I have used in the past to overcome a glitch. Warp out/back in, cancel the quest and restart, log out and log back in, restart my machine, etc. The only thing I haven't yet, is to make an attempt as a member of a team, which has broken and/or fixed other bugged quests before in my experience. Supposedly it is possible to destroy them with mines, which is a laborious process, but essentially it seems there is a coding problem with those three mobs.
    I dropped the mines, and the Cardassian support platform and mobile torpedo platform along with the turrets you get from Doff Diplomatic missions, nothing worked, they were all shot down by the Fek'lhri ships even the spiral blast wave failed to make contact. Gravity wells also failed to pull them into a targetable position and tykins rift had no effect. I am at a loss as to how to complete this mission until they actually fix it. here's hoping they get round to it before the 20th anniversary in ten years time.

• krausickrausic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Kudos to STO Devs and GM Ovric on this one.... per the patch notes for 9/17/20 : Resolved an issue that could prevent Captains from being able to attack one group of enemies over Boreth during the Klingon mission, “Afterlife”. Thanks guys!
  • gremlin123175#8389 gremlin123175 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Looks like it's still broken for xbox servers
  • johnwasyljohnwasyl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The mission Afterlife is still indeed broken on Xbox. Have the same issue and makes the mission unplayable.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Just ran into this myself, having started a new klingon character to experience the updated and/or improved early content. How can this not have been checked?
    According to the live stream today this Afterlife issue was patched and fixed a week ago, however he never said if it was just PC or Console or Both. My guess it was PC only as per usual as it is still bugged on Xbox at least it was yesterday when I tried it.
    Still broken so the fix was only for PC.
  • gundamt3#5701 gundamt3 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    as of today Afterlife has yet to be fixed. Started new Klingon faction to go through the updated story and such, get to the mission Afterlife and one group isn't targetable.
    I'm guessing fixes are released on PC and then just like the new content, sales etc the console get them in 2 to 3 months time if they happen at all.
    According to the patch note tonight this will apparently be fixed with the maintenance tonight, fingers crossed it does happen.
  • gremlin123175#8389 gremlin123175 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    IT'S FIXED FOR XBOX ONE !!!!!