What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Misleading console description but they wont give your money back

2»

Comments

• Options
    croupboicroupboi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    So.. cryptic and Pwe have not apologised.. have not offered any kind of solution and yet without it being in the patch notes have changed the description for the ship.
    so problem solved for all future buyers.

However this is very sneaky of you all.. correcting the description without making people aware you are doing it.

Just wow.

Good job i already have documented everything.
  • Options
    So.. cryptic and Pwe have not apologised.. have not offered any kind of solution and yet without it being in the patch notes have changed the description for the ship.
    so problem solved for all future buyers.

However this is very sneaky of you all.. correcting the description without making people aware you are doing it.

Just wow.

Good job i already have documented everything.

Bbb are awaiting official response from Cryptic.
  • Options
    Problem solved.

Have recieved a refund in the form of zen.

Although I am happy with this i must say they should have done this with my original complaint through arc support. Not just because i went more public through BBB.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    croupboi wrote: »
    Problem solved.

Have recieved a refund in the form of zen.

Although I am happy with this i must say they should have done this with my original complaint through arc support. Not just because i went more public through BBB.

That is actually good to hear! I am glad you also mention the route you took to get your refund. That might help others in the future.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Especially considering how needlessly dismissive some people have been. "Don't try, it'll get you nothing" - well it obviously did and it's sad it had to come to this, but I'm glad it worked out :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Especially considering how needlessly dismissive some people have been. "Don't try, it'll get you nothing" - well it obviously did and it's sad it had to come to this, but I'm glad it worked out :)

I don't think I was dismissive. Just from what I have seen over the years with complaints, bait and switch practices, and so on with PWE. This person's resolution is very rare. If PWE is taking a more fair approach to their short comings, that is definitely a change in the right direction. Just look at how many they shafted though with the purchased Bridge Officers from the C-Store that they just changed their mind and told us we all had to buy them again instead of fixing their broken system.