test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

retool of fleet invites/membership

americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
instead of players randomly inviting players to join their fleets why not just retool or give the option for other players to join fleets without us having to randomly invite players with a 50/50 shot of success each invite . retool it to let players be able to join/apply to join a fleet and if they meet the minimum requirement for the fleet they can automatically join the fleet no waiting or if they don't then leave their application to join fleet to a officer/leader of fleet to approve them or deny them . makes it a heck of a lot easier for everyone and doesn't annoy players with random invites who hate getting them . i have seen this done in other mmos with guilds and such i know it can be done with fleets if given the proper retooling.
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    instead of players randomly inviting players to join their fleets why not just retool or give the option for other players to join fleets without us having to randomly invite players with a 50/50 shot of success each invite . retool it to let players be able to join/apply to join a fleet and if they meet the minimum requirement for the fleet they can automatically join the fleet no waiting or if they don't then leave their application to join fleet to a officer/leader of fleet to approve them or deny them . makes it a heck of a lot easier for everyone and doesn't annoy players with random invites who hate getting them . i have seen this done in other mmos with guilds and such i know it can be done with fleets if given the proper retooling.

Or you know you could talk to people before spamming them with invites. Way back when I first started playing (2013), the fleet I joined was the first one who actually talked to me first rather than just dropping a random invite.

+1 to the those who actually talk or otherwise positively interact first rather than just random inviting. I have a story very similar to yours. It works! (consensual invites)
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    well... small fleets could set as "everyone welcome" and people could enter without invite and contribute. i like this idea
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Necromancy!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.