test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just a Reminder - Personnel Tab

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
Just a reminder, those of us that paid for c-store boff but cannot reclaim for free are still waiting on a fix the problem made on your end. Date of purchase should not be an issue.

Comments

• Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Just a reminder, those of us that paid for c-store boff but cannot reclaim for free are still waiting on a fix the problem made on your end. Date of purchase should not be an issue.

It was fixed. However the outcome was bad ..... As per twitter ,,,,,

Ambassador Kael
    @AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    Hey folks - I have an answer to the Personnel Tab issue, but you're not going to love it. Basically, if you purchased the items in that tab before February 14th of last year, you currently would need to purchase them again to have them unlocked for your account.

Ambassador Kael
    @AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    This is due to a technical issue with how these purchases are programmed - basically, we switched over to a new system last February, but the purchase history didn't carry over. I've been told that fixing that issue is possible, but a huge amount of work. It may happen...

Ambassador Kael
    @AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    ...but it's not set in stone right now. It's a fix we'd really, really like to make, but it's all about programmer bandwidth. If it is fixed, I'll let you all know immediately. For now, purchasing them is the only way to get them as an account unlock. Sorry, folks.

Ambassador Kael
    @AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    I'll make a more official announcement on our main channels soon, but I wanted the people that follow me here to know.

I tried to find the official announcement, but sadly could not find it. I may of over looked it though.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    For now the issue has been fixed, however it's not the outcome folks wanted. I am also effected by this just like you guys are. There's very little of the cstore I don't own at this point. When dealing with computers and computer systems, porting things to a new system isn't always as simple as it sounds, especially if you are going from an old system to a newer upgraded system. There can be issues with compatibility and otherwise that must be ironed out. It sucks when that happens but It is what it is. They could have simply left them as character purchase only, however they decided to upgrade them to account unlocks for folks. For veteran players like myself who have been around for awhile, it sucks to potentially have to repurchase the items if I want the account unlock right now. The full decision remains with me as a player whether I'm going to rebuy the item or not. For now I haven't rebought them nor do I intend to just yet. However in the future should I choose to do so I have that option. The dev team aren't these evil monsters people try to make them out to be that are only in it to make the players have a miserable time. Kael doesn't like it anymore than any of us do, and they would love to fix it so we do have the proper account unlocks for veteran players. However they need to have the proper time and resources to do it. I don't like it either and it sucks that this is the outcome so far, but for the time being, the issue is indeed fixed.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    sfofficer123sfofficer123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Im sorry, with what authority do you have to claim it is fixed when the games own community manager quite clearly indicates the opposite is true?

@AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    This is due to a technical issue with how these purchases are programmed - basically, we switched over to a new system last February, but the purchase history didn't carry over. I've been told that fixing that issue is possible, but a huge amount of work. It may happen...

Ambassador Kael
    @AmbassadorKael
    ·
    Jul 25
    ...but it's not set in stone right now. It's a fix we'd really, really like to make, but it's all about programmer bandwidth. If it is fixed, I'll let you all know immediately.

Sure sounds like they admit its still broken and have no plans to fix it to me!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    as ive been saying the whole time but been censored by the moderator who by the sounds of it is a whale so has the money irl to not care one way or the other unlike us regular people who have to stretch every dollar. give someone a little power and it goes to their head
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    sorry duplicate post

Post edited by rc5150420 on