test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vanguard Support Carrier Can't use Gunboats?

westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,223 Arc User
As the title says, I noticed the new Jem'Hadar Support carrier can't use the Gunboat frigates from the other Vanguard Carrier. I'm wondering if this is intentional or an oversight from the devs, as the Gunboats can be used on both the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought and Old Vanguard Carriers, but for some reason not the support one.

It feels like they're meant to be a Jem'Hadar exclusive hangar pet not just to those 2 ships
Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yeah, thats odd.. can @darkbladejk pass along that to the upper boys?, pretty sure it's just an oversight, not even a bug..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Seems more like a BUG, as the Jem'Hadar Vanguard Support Carrier says:

"Vanguard Wingmen" Ship Mechanic
    Hanger Bay loaded with Jem'Hedar Fighter Squadron (similar to the other new Carriers)
    Hanger Bays 2 - loaded with Jem'Hedar support Frigates.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Well, bug is when the item is programmed to do something but it does not, and an oversight is when people forgot to program that funtionality in the first place.. so this could be one way or the other, anyway i still thing its just the later..
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    Apparently, there are a couple other oversights like the Vo'devwl being unable to mount the old BoP Frigates from the Vo'quv and the T'laru being unable to mount the Malems(I presume this includes other Support Frigates - as anything with 2 bays was supposed to be able to mount them).

I suspect we'll probably have a patch in a couple days to fix the issues.
  • Options
    Yes, Kael just informed on twitter that there is a bug, it will be corrected on the next patch.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Glad to hear, I was really disappointed when I couldn't use my Elite Gunboats on my shiny new carrier. I was pretty sure it was a bug since this is clearly labeled as a "Vanguard" carrier.

Thank you to Cryptic for taking care of this.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,223 Arc User
    Huh if they change it so that the Support carrier can use the JHAS pets then I might grab the pets even though the gunboats are better.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Glad to hear, I was really disappointed when I couldn't use my Elite Gunboats on my shiny new carrier. I was pretty sure it was a bug since this is clearly labeled as a "Vanguard" carrier.

Thank you to Cryptic for taking care of this.

thank augmented dictator games too, for bringing it to cryptic's attention so quickly - he always seems to be on the ball as far as new bugs go...now if cryptic would just show as much expedience acknowledging some of the other recent ones he's brought up as they did with this one​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.