test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I feel the Devs should let up pick what Warp in and Out Effects we want for are Ship in the Ship

heavygunx00heavygunx00 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I feel the Devs should let up pick what Warp in and Out Effects we want for are Ship in the Ship in the Customizing Screen it will make every one more happier if they want a Custom effect of let say a Fed ship sounding like a Discovery or a Romulan ship warp effect and Sound
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd be happy if my warp out effect would work regularly.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    Warp effects are tied to faction, just like transporter effects.
    The closest we got to this is the first set of Kelvin ships having a reskinned version of the warp out effects. The problem though is that is all it is. A reskin. It still has the warp trail and flash. Just round flash instead of diamond, and particle fade out rather than just fade out.

Giving us customization ability is a completely different animal than just tying a reskin to a particular ship. We're talking hard coded effects tied to faction. Blue Warp tied to Faction 1, Red Warp tied to Faction 2, Green Warp tied to Faction 3, Purple Warp tied to Faction 4, Disco Warp tied to Faction 5, and TOS Warp tied to Faction 6.
    Trying to say "Allow Faction 1 to use Faction 2 Effects" would probably break something major. Back when they added Romulans, warp effects were pretty borked for a while. Its not as easy as flipping a switch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.