test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Aenar

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
I wonder if they'll ever add the Aenar as a playable species, they seem to be the Andorian equivalent of a Reman, due the fact that they have psychic powers and considering how Badass disco Andorians look, I imagine that their disco versions would look pretty similar in appearance aside from the blindness and albinism, I figured the Aenar can see similarly to Toph from the last air bender and Daredevil from Marvel.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yes, I would love playable Aenar.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the racial trait for Aenar Boffs is like a freebie version of the Intel power that lets you make holographic doubles
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Aenar... if i were to make an Aenar character i would have to suppress the urge to name it snowflake.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Fun fact: there's actually an Aenar (sort of) character in STO as an NPC. Thy'kir Shran is a descendant of Thy'lek Shran. But probably also the Aenar woman Jhamel who married Thy'lek.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Would be nice to have them playable. My only Andorian I made to try to resemble Aenar so in that sense it's better than nothing or alien.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    TOS Andorians are hard to make right too, none of the models (or at least the female ones, I haven't tried making a male one) have the right facial structure for them. They all come out looking like cosplayers at a convention or something.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    TOS Andorians are hard to make right too, none of the models (or at least the female ones, I haven't tried making a male one) have the right facial structure for them. They all come out looking like cosplayers at a convention or something.

Well we didn't really see female andorians until ENT so, it might be a case that you're mind is associating fem Andorians to that series.

Then again we got 2 or so Andorians in TOS IIRC, both same so we don't got variance there.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Thank god we don't have the TNG versions of Andorians in STO they resembled that alien from the flintstones cartoon more than the Andorians from TOS, it was like the costume department wasn't even trying.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Great Gazoo. :)

https://youtu.be/6fX9SMkKWFU
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Having read a lot of Star Tell novels, the Aenar are extreme pacifists to a fault, and are darn near extinct because of it. Matter of fact, there was some consternation about allowing Aenar and even Andorian citizens to join Starfleet because of the need to stay home and "repopulate the species".

I don't have any problem with them being playable, but I can see some in-world issues with them being there...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »

Well we didn't really see female andorians until ENT so, it might be a case that you're mind is associating fem Andorians to that series.

Then again we got 2 or so Andorians in TOS IIRC, both same so we don't got variance there.

Like a lot of aliens in Trek they were only in the one episode back in TOS, but casting was careful to choose actors who had fine-featured faces and narrow pointed jaws and shaded the makeup to exaggerate the effect a bit to get a particular look for the race, and it is not hard to extrapolate what the females would look like.
    ltminns wrote: »

It is funny you should bring up Gazoo since he is a play on one of the common alien myths of the 1960s, the "little green men". TOS never used that particular one (unless you count the Orion greens as a sort of anti-LGM) but they did use two of the others. The Talosians were meant to suggest the "grays", and the Andorians their taller, thin, antennaed associates (often called the "blues" or the "whites" in Ufology circles) who were often described as a pale blue or bluish-white in color, though to avoid silliness (and make them easier and cheaper to do the makeup for) they toned down the alien features quite a bit and went with a more human look for the show.
This discussion has been closed.