test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constitution Class Refit Graphical Issues

Ever since I started playing Star Trek Online, I've noticed that there's a strange graphical error that appears on the Constitution Class Refit involving the lighting on the nacelles, nacelle struts, the hull, neck, and above/below the saucer sections. This only occurs in Sector Space strangely... as the lights show completely fine in other areas other than Sector Space. When the player turns the camera, as well as appears at any level of warp (even during transwarp). Not only that, but on the inner part of the nacelles behind the impulse engines above where the struts connect to the nacelles is pitch black.
All I ask if there is an explanation for this glitch, can it be fixed in the next maintenance check/patch, and why it could be happening to begin with? I will note that I play STO on the default settings. I've tried messing with the settings and nothing works that corrects this.
I can try to add pictures to show you guys, but the keyboard key (F12) to take in-game screenshots is for some reason tied to the option of re-arranging the hud in-game from the Pause Menu. So I will try my best to post screenshots.

I will not that I've talked about this with GM Chancellor Knuckles, who is a Senior Game Master. They recommended that I post about it in here so the Developers and QA team would see it here and hopefully look into the issue.

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Ever since I started playing Star Trek Online, I've noticed that there's a strange graphical error that appears on the Constitution Class Refit involving the lighting on the nacelles, nacelle struts, the hull, neck, and above/below the saucer sections. This only occurs in Sector Space strangely... as the lights show completely fine in other areas other than Sector Space. When the player turns the camera, as well as appears at any level of warp (even during transwarp). Not only that, but on the inner part of the nacelles behind the impulse engines above where the struts connect to the nacelles is pitch black.
    All I ask if there is an explanation for this glitch, can it be fixed in the next maintenance check/patch, and why it could be happening to begin with? I will note that I play STO on the default settings. I've tried messing with the settings and nothing works that corrects this.
    I can try to add pictures to show you guys, but the keyboard key (F12) to take in-game screenshots is for some reason tied to the option of re-arranging the hud in-game from the Pause Menu. So I will try my best to post screenshots.

I will not that I've talked about this with GM Chancellor Knuckles, who is a Senior Game Master. They recommended that I post about it in here so the Developers and QA team would see it here and hopefully look into the issue.

If you can. Post some screen shots or video to highlight exactly what you are seeing. Might be a issue with your graphics settings or glitch in game. so the images might help to determine a solution.
  • werewolfiewoo#8790 werewolfiewoo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @eazzie Can do. I'll try and post some screenshots today if I can.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Have you by chance tinkered around with your graphics settings to see if the issue lies with them. For screen shots use the /screenshot cmd in ingame chat window. If you prefer to use prtscr though use alt and f12 together to remove the hud overlay
    I have messed around with the graphics settings to see if it would fix the problem, and nothing worked. I have a custom PC that I built with a good chunk of my hard earned money stashed on the side: buying the best components and part for it. I know there's nothing wrong with my PC's graphics card, since I triple checked.

Anyways, I'mma post the photos below so you can see what I mean.
    @eazzie How do I post photos? I can't seem to be able to...
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    How do I post photos?
    You need to upload them to an image host site such as imgur.com and then post the link to the photo from there.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    This link I'm posting should take you to Imgur, an image hosting site like Inferiority above recommended: https://imgur.com/a/WeajQ1Y