test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc is down?

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
Tried to get onto STO just now and kept getting the launcher asking for my password. So I signed out of Arc and now I can't sign back in. says login has timed out, please check your network connection and try again.

Obviously I'm online, as I'm asking this question here. So anyone else who uses Arc having trouble?
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    You're not the only one
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    yep same here can't log in to sto
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    My launcher keeps timing out too. I was able to log-in & play around 11am cst earlier today, but now cannot get pass the launcher because of the timing out. Hopefully it will be remedied soon, otherwise I might have to do something drastic like go outside.
  • tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Arc is down it keeps bring log in screen
  • roadrat#8935 roadrat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here folks... :-(
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They Tweeted in Neverwinter that they were aware of Arc Login issues. I had updated and logged in about twenty minutes ago but did so directly through the NW executable Launcher.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Arc is working on my end.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was having problems with connecting to Account Server, then there was a warning that there was connection problems when the Arc Launcher popped up again (it tends to pop up again after exiting the launcher).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Thanks guys. Was wondering if anyone else was having problems

And it does seem to be fixed. The launcher is even updating.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I had that same problem and did a couple reboots of the computer which fixed Arc then fixed the game launching.
    I tried rebooting too, didn't work.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Just got disconnected and reconnected. Confirming. Something happened.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I bypass ARC and just use the STO launcher. I've had disconnects/slow connections for the past 45 minutes.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Usually I log in directly from the ingame launcher. At 1:19 AM CDT, I logged in. After a Launcher Update notification of about 19 MB, I pressed Engage on the Launcher screen. I got the Loading screen and was sent straight back to Desktop several times. I then tried launching the game through ARC. No joy. Tried one more time just before posting this. Got another Launcher Update and then got Launcher. Sent me to Loading Screen. Which promptly sent me right back to my Desktop. Windows10 64bit Troubleshooting is telling me my Internet connection is good. It is also telling me STO is an incompatible program.

Always knew this would happen someday. Might be the wakeup call I needed. Specced this laptop specifically for STO.

Oh well.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    hmmm..., logged in here, via the launcher. anyone have a very recent AV update? just a thought
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Kael posted on Twitter they were aware of Login issues via ARC

Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    ·
    16h
    We are aware of and are investigating issues impacting Arc logins. We appreciate your patience.

Any in game issues or login issues may I suggest you first check social media first as they rarely get posted on the official forum.

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekOnlineGame/

You don't need an account with either of them to view the pages
    Okay, then. I've done everything I can think of. Windows 10 is telling me both ARC and STO are incompatible programs. Which is nonsense because I'm here now and the game worked fine before the Launcher Update. Turned off AV and Defender. No joy. Ran STO as administrator. No joy again. Tried game .exe file directly from folder. Still no joy. Tried launching STO from within ARC. No joy one more time.

Disappointed by the response time.Tried to log in near 2 AM CDT and now at 6 PM CDT the problem is still unresolved.
    That's odd since I'm playing on a W10 64 that my son built me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I got Win 10 64 bit (home) as well and STO is working just well, granted I'm using a Finnish language version but that shouldn't effect this.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Just tested and STO boots up just fine and I can log into the game just fine (I loaded my character just to make sure I that there was not issues).
    After two days of CTD events and Windows 10 telling me STO is an incompatible program, I am uninstalling and reinstalling the game. If this doesn't work, I guess I'll become a console player.
    Good luck
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    You might want to check on your Windows 10 installation with their file checker or something. STO is definitely compatible with Win10. Sometimes that is caused by garbled certificates but I am not sure how to check that in Win10.

Also, you could try running the compatibility mode wizard, it used to be a right-click option on the shortcut icon for the program (in this case the game) but again I have not had to do it in so long I am not sure if the command is still there or if it is elsewhere now.

One thing I have noticed with Wireshark is that the STO server seems to be in the bad zone between Cloudflare and Akami, and there have long been weird intermittent connection and latency issues crossing between those two CDNs. It is even worse if you have to cross between them more than once.
    @phoenixc Thank you. So used to these things being an STO problem it did not occur to me this might be a Windows 10 problem. Appreciate the help.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    @phoenixc Thank you. So used to these things being an STO problem it did not occur to me this might be a Windows 10 problem. Appreciate the help.

On thing you might also want to do is make sure you PC system clock shows the correct date and time (and resynch it if it doesn't.) Believe it or not, have teh wrong date can also cause problems with STO (and some other online games).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I don't bother with Arc anymore anyway, but I also wish Arc didn't quietly do away with their Arc Quests, they promised it would return with improvements but it's been gone for more than a year now.
    I'm hopeful Arc Quests might come back one day since my progression is still there.

Of course, I know that's not exactly proof, but it keeps me hoping ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    One thing you might also want to do is make sure you PC system clock shows the correct date and time (and resynch it if it doesn't.) Believe it or not, have the wrong date can also cause problems with STO (and some other online games).

Again, something which did not occur to me to look at. Thank you. Got the game running earlier this evening with no problems currently. Except for the ones which Cryptic will not even try to repair.

This discussion has been closed.