test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Annoying bug in the Romulan only "Enemy Action"

At the last point on this mission where the captured Captain goes to escape he is captured by a stasis field that emits an annoying sound. The bug is that this sound continues to persist even after the mission is complete and turned in. It continues to sound even as you take on other missions. This sound is so persistent that even logging out to the character selection screen, stops the sound there, but when you log back in the sound returns. The only way to stop this sound fully is to log out of the game fully and Quit the game at the Xbox main window. Then you can restart the game again and the sound is gone.

It has been around for quite some time and I had hoped it had been fixed, but I recently created another Romulan captain only to find the sound bug still happens. Any chance you can find this bug and squash it, as that Stasis sound is really annoying.

Comments

• Options
    darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    This is still happening, what's worse even logging out to the character selection screen and logging in with a different character the sound returns and continues on, how this can affect another character I have no idea. But now each time I do this mission i have to quit the game fully to stop it, which is really annoying especially if I have been waiting a very long time to get into a TFO.
    I had hoped this would have been fixed with the new Romulan update, but alas like many other bugs it looks like this one is here to stay.
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I remember running into this last year. Yes, a thick slice of P.I.T.A. bread. I think it was a rogue sound element that was running on a rarely-used audio channel. I think it went away by playing a space mission with a metric TRIBBLE-ton of sound effects running. Eventually, a random sound needed to be played on the same channel and it overrode that re-playing sound and it finally went away. This was a very long time ago, however, and I can’t remember the precise combination of actions I took to get rid of it. IIRC, the most recent J’ula event on the asteroid had immense amounts of sound effects playing, especially at the end with the mega-walker. Might try that to shake it loose, if it’s still available in the TFO queue list, that is.
    Post edited by mutantcamel#2832 on