test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Molecular reconstruction colored light indicator

nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
The eternal has a small area on the stern that lights up with a color indicating the currently active molecular reconstruction mode. Do all ships with molecular reconstruction have this? My Kholhr has a small dome that looks about right, but does not seem to have your current mode setting.ht up. (Unless the material or shield skin interferes with it?)

Do all molecular reconstruction ships have the light, and if so where is it on the Kholhr? It's a very handy feature for identifying
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    As far as I can tell my Legendary Glenn class doesn't have an indicator, but my Paladin class does.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    The Narendra doesn't either. However the Temporal Connie does. Not sure about all variants, but the TOS and TMP secondary hull does right over the shuttlebay.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Truthfully I never noticed. Too busy fighting. I do fly an Eternal, so I'll look next time. And on my others that have that too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    The 31st Century Temporal ships, as well as the 26th Century Temporal ships do have the indicator light on the hull. And if the Temporal Connie is any indication, odds are the Temporal T'Liss and Temporal D7 do as well. But the Narendra and Vor'ral don't seem to have that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I checked out every inch of the Kholhr, and tried other materials in case switching from standard axed the light. Does not seem to have one. It looks like it should though, the little "turret" looking things on the tail. I wonder if it was supposed to have one? I do not want to make a bug report since I am not even sure if there's a bug involved.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Chargh doesn't have one either
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    The ships that have them are mostly the ones released in the wake of the AoY-expansion in 2016.

The TOS/31st-century ships from the AoY-pack have it, the temporal TOS-cruisers have it, the temporal 26th-century dreads have it.

AFAIK no ship with MD released after that has that indicator.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The Ship Design Developer that specialized in adding Molecular Reconstruction Indicator Lights has left the company and no one else has any idea how to do it. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I use a T6 temporal cruiser with the 23c Gemini skin and I do see the globe on the rear hull change color. It is a nice touch, but does warn the enemy of what mode I am in.
  • Options
    I think that warning only really applies to PvP. And that's if the other player is paying attention to more than just what ship they're fighting. Also with some of the effects that happen, a light on the opposing ship would probably get lost in the weapons fire, shield impacts, and science abilities.
This discussion has been closed.