test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NO commitment of the devs to community anymore?

hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
The biggest issue i have atm with this game, is that there is zero to none interaction on the forum anumore from the devs with the community. At least here on the support side. So for me it isn't strange that more and more people are leaving the game. Because it is bugged more and more after every singel update. PLease DEvs...get back to us and help us improve the game we loved. Because at this rate you wont have any players left in a short time.

Comments

• will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    well i`m not sure how long this will stay up as it`s not technically a bug report but thought i`d answer anyway because i`m a little frustrated at the lack of acknowledgement we get. especially when it comes to these bug reports. there is a thread that is supposed to answer frequent threads and i found a section on devs not replying to bug reports. i was staggered to find this.

"What purpose does this serve? Going by previous experience, when we acknowledge a bug, or say it's on our list, if that bug is not then fixed immediately, we get yelled at about never fixing bugs. If we say nothing, we get yelled at about never fixing bugs. So to us, the output is the same. Why would we expend energy doing something that offers no different result?
    As it is, it's better to just fix things as we can, and let the patch notes be the informant"

if your going to get shouted at either way then rise above it, be courteous and at least acknowledge you`ve seen the report. i mean why is the entire player base being punished for some narrow minded individuals. the process should be easy, bug gets reported by maybe a few players. devs see post and decide to look into it. players informed the bug has been acknowledged. and the important bit, close the thread. no more complaints. at least the players know it`s being looked into, regardless of how long it actually takes to fix. and we will have that small bit of peace of mind.
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    will#4752 wrote: »
    well i`m not sure how long this will stay up as it`s not technically a bug report but thought i`d answer anyway because i`m a little frustrated at the lack of acknowledgement we get. especially when it comes to these bug reports. there is a thread that is supposed to answer frequent threads and i found a section on devs not replying to bug reports. i was staggered to find this.

"What purpose does this serve? Going by previous experience, when we acknowledge a bug, or say it's on our list, if that bug is not then fixed immediately, we get yelled at about never fixing bugs. If we say nothing, we get yelled at about never fixing bugs. So to us, the output is the same. Why would we expend energy doing something that offers no different result?
    As it is, it's better to just fix things as we can, and let the patch notes be the informant"

if your going to get shouted at either way then rise above it, be courteous and at least acknowledge you`ve seen the report. i mean why is the entire player base being punished for some narrow minded individuals. the process should be easy, bug gets reported by maybe a few players. devs see post and decide to look into it. players informed the bug has been acknowledged. and the important bit, close the thread. no more complaints. at least the players know it`s being looked into, regardless of how long it actually takes to fix. and we will have that small bit of peace of mind.
    not sure if your saying this as a player or as a dev or both or what but i will say this the errors with blue screening should be fixed above all else because how the in frell can you play a game that is always bugging out and blue screening you when you try and do something ? that to me is the biggest issue along with the rubber banding but i can take the rubber banding but not the constant blue screen errors especially when it been going on for several years now same errors and all and no its not the ISPs fault as i have had two of those and 99% uptime with same issue with both or server not responding with the red timer thingy so its no wonder if it is in fact true that players are leaving or log on do whatever chit chat ,daily's what ever then gtf off the game .
    so how are we as players suppose to play a game and expect to enjoy it let alone even spend money on the game if we can't even play it due to blue screen errors ? btw im being as nice as i can without shouting as you say im just irritated at the fact that they let sto go down the crapper but neverwinter gets tons and tons of love i know CBS is involved an all but how many excuses can one make before one realizes the game for what it is a bugged out game that is getting worse and worse until it its a shell of it's former self and no one wants to play it anymore because instability with server . so lets all get right down to it make the game pay to win and let us all be able to just buy everything outright and let us get on with it i mean they just want our money anyways so just get rid of your lame lockboxes and just overcharge for every ship in game that's in the lockboxes and event let us be able to just buy out the whole entire event the actual whole thing i mean its what hardcore players like myself prefer anyways and let the ones who are casuals be on their merry way and be done with it . but even i myself have limits with all that bs aside and can only take but so much . everyone has a breaking point some have more than others . then again you could cut down on the events as well and start doing your job and fixing the backlog of bugs would help everyone out and if you want just offer the stuff you offer in events on the store lets us buy it outright so devs can actually work on some of the problems that the game has . saves us the hassle and saves resources for devs to be able to spend time on actual important things fixing the game itself

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I am not always in agreement with coldnapalm on matters but I somewhat agree with him here on this. Also, OP at least you read the F.C.T. even though you did not like the answer given by Cryptic.

Firstly, I do wish that Ambassador Kael would frequent these forums more like LaughingTrendy and Bran Flakes though I am glad Cryptic does a Ten Forward Weekly (when the schedule allows for it) so there is interaction with the community through that as well as social media even though I wish there was more interaction on the forums for those who do not like social media. Did not really get a feeling about Captain Smirk in his short-term work at that position. Not sure if the reason Kael does not frequent them more is because of the workload he has or what Cryptic says the job entails when it should entail more. He also has another job as well involving acting in plays and screenwriting (iirc), so he is not able to devote all of his attention to his work in that regard.

Secondly, Still wish there were no errors for the dates on the blogs, all fixes were listed in the patch notes (ones that are not fixed after the maintenance should be removed from those patch notes), all updates/additions were in the patch notes instead of on social media to find out, all patch notes were transferred to the Release Notes section and closed to prevent spamming (last week the incident of no patch notes thread in Galactic News Network on that Thursday even though there was a patch according to that Wednesday's blog comes to mind), less copy-and-pasting, and no spelling errors in the patch notes and blogs.

Thirdly, as coldnapalm and other forum frequenters mention there is a bug report forum for PC and console (Xbox One and PS4) on these forums and they read those forums, add those bugs into their bug database, and prioritize them (though I do not always agree with how they prioritize them). Console patches are slow going due to the certification they have to do with Microsoft and Sony hence why it tends to be done once a month unless they are able to do it more than that sometimes. PC for all general purposes is the guinea pig. As to coldnapalm's comment it is hard to determine at times (vague thread titles do not help) if something that is reported as a bug is really a bug or not. Currently, I have 30 pages in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section and some other sections bookmarked and whittle them away when they are fixed, find out it is not a bug, user error, etc.

Lastly, this conversation would be better suited in General Discussion or in the Feedback forum since it is not a PS4 bug report. With that said wish that console had their own forum in these forums for General Discussion, Feedback, etc.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.