test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Reputation Tier 5 Mission "Secrets of the Ancients" No Rewards

mondoretardomondoretardo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Hi, I filed a support ticket, but they said I should post here instead.

I completed the "Secrets of the Ancients" mission on my Jem'Hadar. The promised Dilithium, Reputation Marks, EC, Expertise and Title were not received. I understand that you have to "Submit Report" after seeing the cutscene, I did and received communication from Admiral Quinn, but no rewards.

Support ticket asked if I had logged out and in, I had. They asked if I had transferred maps, I had. (I had flown all the way to Star Dock to give Admiral Quinn a piece of my mind).

After doing a quick search, it appears this is an old bug. I would have finished this mission a year ago, but unfortunately real world events prevented me from having a system to play STO on.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    The rewards for this mission have moved to the "Claim Tier V Reputation" project within the Romulan Reputation.
    You would have received the rewards when you completed the little 5-mark Tier V upgrade project.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Which appears to have not happened as an examination of my titles on my affected character reveals that I don't have the "Friend of New Romulus" title.

From further searches it appears this change came with Age of Discovery, and any characters that had Tier 5 Reputation with the Romulans but hadn't completed "Secrets of the Ancients" were seemingly out of luck.

After going through my list of characters, I realize now that I have 3 characters that are affected by this change. All 3 have Tier 5 already (and were moving towards Tier 6) and no "Friend of New Romulus" title. My other characters who have Tier 5 all have this title.

Which brings me to my next question, did they make this change to the Dyson reputation as well? Because I still have the mission to find Nelen Exil.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Only the New Romulus reputation was affected by this change to the New Romulus missions; the Dyson Reputation has not been altered by these changes to the New Romulus missions.

You should be able to use your Mission Journal "Log" tab to search back to find the dates of the time you claimed the 'Tier V' upgrade and the time you completed 'Secrets of the Ancients'.

The mission journal change happened at the release of Season 15: Age of Discovery, so if the dates of the two missions, Tier V and SotA, are either side of October 9th 2018, then you should be able to have Customer Support supply you with the mission rewards.
    However, given that the Mission Journal Revamp happened almost 2 years ago now, they may opt to no longer provide the items.

Remember to be detailed and polite, including screenshots to back yourself up, when dealing with Customer Support; it's very easy to be angry and/or confusing, and that will get you nowhere.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    I filed a new ticket, being exacting in what occurred and for the characters that were affected and provided screenshots of the Completion Date of the Reputation Tier as well as the date of the mission clear. One of the characters still hasn't finished the mission, I just kept getting side tracked by the new shiny thing in STO or by life sideswiping me.

Thank you for your help and explaining the problem I was having, and helping me to file the correct report rather than the initial knee jerk one that I had originally thinking it was a bug.

We'll see how it works out.
  • Options
    Both tickets now "Solved" and closed out with no resolution other than "Go to the forums and ask".

It looks like the only help I got was from someone not employed by PWE.
  • Options
    Several of us here in the forum, were given the mission reward by CS but I guess after a year and a half, they have decided they're no longer willing to hand them out.
  • Options
    Well after making that last post and as I was sending in my "How was your service" I actually got a 2nd E-mail regarding my 2nd ticket. The GM took the information and appended it to my 1st ticket, reopening the case.

I just received an update to my first ticket, they stated they are sending my ticket up to the next tier of support and requesting they manually grant the rewards. So we'll wait to see what the next level of support says.

The kicker is that I looked through all the Dev blogs and patch notes from around that time and I didn't see a single note that referenced the change to the rewards. So I guess it's no wonder I had no idea.

But once again, thank you.
  • Options
    Glad to hear things may yet work out in your favour.
  • Options
    At some point today a GM granted the rewards. Thank you to the GM staff and thank you to inferiority for getting me the correct information.