test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shift key opens up Streaming window

baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
I can't hit either Shift key without it opening up a window to set my streaming preferences.

I don't stream.

This is not the first time this has happened lo these 7 years I have been playing this game. I am tired of it. It won't go away until the next scheduled maintenance, and it doesn't matter if I report it as a bug.

Please, tell me I am not alone in this. It really makes ground missions very difficult as I cannot run.
The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D

Comments

• Options
    feaukutifeaukuti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I have the same problem. I've never seen this streaming and I don't want anything with streaming stuff.
    I already tried to change the key binding, setting some option to invisible and disable the stream service, but the shift key still brings this screen instead of making my character/ship run.
    Where is the option to make this go away permanently?
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    OK, well I have no idea about the streaming aspect. Never seen that... but you can remap the run key until you find a solution.

Yeah just checked. No streaming options at all, and shift just runs...

Is it possible the shift = stream settings is part of some other software you have running? Maybe graphics card related, or else tied to discord or overwolf or some other game overlay software? Maybe voice-attack is taking keystrokes? It's worth testing since I've personally never seen any streaming capability in the STO client.
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    A quick google search tells me that this is pretty common with Steam games. IF you use steam, try changing the Steam Overlay keybind from shift-tab to something else (you can change it back if it doesn't solve the problem). That said, I use steam to launch the game and I don't see that problem so ... still worth a try.