test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchase Tier 1 - Tier 4 Ships with Dilithium!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    str8nge1str8nge1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Okay so how could I purchase the ships that I don't own? Like the tier 4 D'ridthau Warbird?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When they fix the Ship Vendor to add them. Supposedly, they were going to do that quickly. They keep using that word, I do not think it means what they think it means.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    str8nge1str8nge1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    LOL for sure. Thanks for the info
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Wow, this isn't fixed yet?

Wait, why am I surprised? I should be used to this by now.

They make a formerly weekend event into a 3 week slog and added a bug, or perhaps it's an old one (the "no backpack" bug) and I just have been lucky enough to never experience it before this year. Add this bug to the one not allowing progress in the new patrol past a certain point and I seriously wonder if they even bother testing these things internally before unleashing them on the playerbase.

Back on topic, they need to add the old T1-4 ships to the Dil store ASAP. And they really should allow the Upgrade Tokens to make those T1-4 ships account unlocks. Buy the T1 Connie, use an Upgrade Token on it and it could then be reclaimed account wide for Feds, Roms and Jems. Just an idea, might even get them some more revenue too.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    They were more interested in getting them out of the C-Store before they had this C-Store Sale.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    They were more interested in getting them out of the C-Store before they had this C-Store Sale.

I know it is Marketing/Business side of the game, and I know the Devs didn't make the decision, and I know the game has to generate revenue to keep going, but this is kinda infuriating. I mean the only reason to buy T1-4 (5 if we're being honest) is consoles and admiralty cards. I understand that from a business and in game economy standpoint this will (hopefully) have positive results in the long term, but at this point I'd just like to be able to buy some ships somewhere for whatever currency I have to shell out for them.
  • Options
    kirwinhanselkirwinhansel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    And of course no refunds for those of us who used zen to buy some of the ships. Yet another reason why this game is DYING.
    Fleet Admiral Kirwin Hansel
    12Th Fleet Section 31 Fleet Captain
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    And of course no refunds for those of us who used zen to buy some of the ships. Yet another reason why this game is DYING.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    You will likely have to wait 1-2 weeks or until they again make the former Tier 1-4 ZEN ships available with Dilithium. They have said a FIX will likely be coming, but have not seen any resolution yet.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    darthtiger1990darthtiger1990 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    botc76 wrote: »
    redwren89 wrote: »
    er, no thanks - whats the matter with this game. we can use t6 ships when we start the game up, I dont want to pay dilithium for more, lesser ships that just dont go as far in the game.

This. When you geniuses decided to allow the use of T6 ships from the start, everything below Tier 5(upgradeable to Tier 5U) became completely worthless.
    I wouldn't even want to buy those with EC, let alone Dilithium or Zen.

You can bet this comes because they realized NO ONE bought any Tier 1-4 ships from the Zen Store anymore anyway.
    Rificulous.

There's is more value than just the ship themselves: The costume, admiralty card, console/other equipment. The lower tier cards are quite useful as shuttle alternates.
    I don't like where this game is going. First you add Mudd's Market which offers stuff for horror prices WHEN on sale, The Legendary Bundle for horror price for a SALE (which anyway cannot be bought to my knowledge today, so that was a misleading thing too).The Kelvin admiral pack I got free when there was a promotion now I cannot see in my promotions tab as unlocked (Mudd's Market). I haven't tested yet but can I still use them account-wide?

As for the main issue here:
    I 'kindof' support the idea to make ships available for characters only for a reduced price OR have them be bought account-wide for zen. Taking the latter option is absolute nonsense. Especially those ships are a slightly buffed version for the dilithium ships with different visuals, so buying them for zen had a point until now. So doing this, you devalue your previous mindset as well. Finally what happens with bundles with like the Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack. That bundle contains lots of T1-T4 ships. And on your new mindset why would anyone want to buy that pack in the future (including me who planned to sometime in the future) because 1.: those ships can be bought per-character 2.: The bundle may not be account-wide. In my opinion the T6 for every level was a big mistake but I thing the dev team won't acknowledge this and continue on their path ruining the game with decisions the player base don't like, based on profit like Ferengis.

I'm sorry you felt mislead by the legendary pack, but I clearly understood from day one it was going to be in the store itself only for a limited time. I'm not sure why people were confused by that.
    As for the old Kelvin uniform, apparently I got that the first time around. It doesn't appear in the C-Store, but if you go to the tailor, it's there. I checked myself when the Mudd version came out.

The posts about the pack did not mention any expiration date, but maybe I can't read I don't know... and also the big red on sale timer suggested that the bundle will be available for the more horrendous price after the sale expires
  • Options
    darthtiger1990darthtiger1990 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    botc76 wrote: »
    redwren89 wrote: »
    er, no thanks - whats the matter with this game. we can use t6 ships when we start the game up, I dont want to pay dilithium for more, lesser ships that just dont go as far in the game.

This. When you geniuses decided to allow the use of T6 ships from the start, everything below Tier 5(upgradeable to Tier 5U) became completely worthless.
    I wouldn't even want to buy those with EC, let alone Dilithium or Zen.

You can bet this comes because they realized NO ONE bought any Tier 1-4 ships from the Zen Store anymore anyway.
    Rificulous.

There's is more value than just the ship themselves: The costume, admiralty card, console/other equipment. The lower tier cards are quite useful as shuttle alternates.
    I don't like where this game is going. First you add Mudd's Market which offers stuff for horror prices WHEN on sale, The Legendary Bundle for horror price for a SALE (which anyway cannot be bought to my knowledge today, so that was a misleading thing too).The Kelvin admiral pack I got free when there was a promotion now I cannot see in my promotions tab as unlocked (Mudd's Market). I haven't tested yet but can I still use them account-wide?

As for the main issue here:
    I 'kindof' support the idea to make ships available for characters only for a reduced price OR have them be bought account-wide for zen. Taking the latter option is absolute nonsense. Especially those ships are a slightly buffed version for the dilithium ships with different visuals, so buying them for zen had a point until now. So doing this, you devalue your previous mindset as well. Finally what happens with bundles with like the Legacy of Romulus Legacy Pack. That bundle contains lots of T1-T4 ships. And on your new mindset why would anyone want to buy that pack in the future (including me who planned to sometime in the future) because 1.: those ships can be bought per-character 2.: The bundle may not be account-wide. In my opinion the T6 for every level was a big mistake but I thing the dev team won't acknowledge this and continue on their path ruining the game with decisions the player base don't like, based on profit like Ferengis.

I'm sorry you felt mislead by the legendary pack, but I clearly understood from day one it was going to be in the store itself only for a limited time. I'm not sure why people were confused by that.
    As for the old Kelvin uniform, apparently I got that the first time around. It doesn't appear in the C-Store, but if you go to the tailor, it's there. I checked myself when the Mudd version came out.

The posts about the pack did not mention any expiration date, but maybe I can't read I don't know... and also the big red on sale timer suggested that the bundle will be available for the more horrendous price after the sale expires
  • Options
    @darkbladejk

Houston, we have a problem. Double Posts, months after the fact. Few other Threads in GNN similar.

One person made a number of posts but the Post count is 0.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    sounds like the spam queue got unclogged again​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    Has anyone heard of any fix for this incoming? 7 months later and this is starting to feel like a 'feature' not a bug!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.