test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reduce number of people in instances

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I agree. Casual players don't pull 100K DPS, not on a tank not ona DPS build. some NEED the 10-15 ships to beat the planetkillers, let alone to do it in time
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Instead of decreasing the number of players maybe they could increase the spawn rates based on the population of the instance, or even number of players within a certain radius of the spawn point. People aren't really annoyed by how many people are around - they're annoyed by the fact that it can be tedious to find the things they need to kill (for PEs or whatever) when those areas are overhunted. If there were a steady supply of enemies without downtime, the irritation would go away.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    When you give it some thought, other than lag, which lowering the instance caps doesn't help. The only one that would be annoy by this are the endeavor chasers. You know, to many people in an instance making it take to long. When, you could just check and probably switch to an instance with lower a lower population.

But then I gave up chasing endeavors a couple months after the perk system came out.

I was stronger than most anything in the game prior to this. Now, I'm not even at perk rank 100 and it so God-mode that it makes doing stuff boring. So, why chase something that's boring, that's only going to add more boredom to the game?

But, that's me. To each their own.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I'm against this, because well I dislike seeing social zones having reduced population caps. We need increases not decreases what they could do is make spawns spawn faster or double the rate that they spawn. So that is a better solution in my opinion.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I agree. Casual players don't pull 100K DPS, not on a tank not ona DPS build. some NEED the 10-15 ships to beat the planetkillers, let alone to do it in time

I will concede that I have honestly lost grip on the plight of the newer/inexperienced/more casual player, so you may be right.

When I am in the BZ's, it feels to me like they're just too easy given that they cap at 20 people. It feels silly to me to have that many people in the zone because then it can be completed in a matter of minutes. The truth is, I sometimes forget how long I have been playing, how long I have been upgrading gear, swapping out skills to get a few more points of damage etc. I often don't think of it from the perspective of the player that's learning or doesn't have high end gear and still needs to be able to complete content.

I am far from the best player, I don't consider myself elite.. but I will admit that over the years I have lost touch with what new players go through so maybe my perspective isn't fully unbiased. Reducing the instance cap would make things harder on players that need the help which might not be a good thing.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I think its not so much the amount of people its that when meta events conclude the map should have a 2 minute timer before it is closed and get people who are playing together and not spread out over multiple instances. Also auto remove any players who are just sitting afking or attempting to spawn camp the T-Rex's plus a lot of the battlezones could use re-working but mainly the ones with territorial control aspect to them. I find majority of the time is just time gated with no combat which is boring. Like enemy fleets if you take them out to the point you can press F on the interact and it succeeds you just clean up the rest and you take the area. The tzenkethi one is just loads of pain because of how most beam or cruiser setups work and only can be severly damaged from their front facing and that this game has a lot of mindless zombies who have gravity well macros on their tv remote and then you see 4 people facepalm themselves when they see it happen. Overall though the number should not be reduced instead more fun gameplay should happen with these overall and then a way to coordinate players is the better solution imo.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

I will concede that I have honestly lost grip on the plight of the newer/inexperienced/more casual player, so you may be right.

When I am in the BZ's, it feels to me like they're just too easy given that they cap at 20 people. It feels silly to me to have that many people in the zone because then it can be completed in a matter of minutes. The truth is, I sometimes forget how long I have been playing, how long I have been upgrading gear, swapping out skills to get a few more points of damage etc. I often don't think of it from the perspective of the player that's learning or doesn't have high end gear and still needs to be able to complete content.

I am far from the best player, I don't consider myself elite.. but I will admit that over the years I have lost touch with what new players go through so maybe my perspective isn't fully unbiased. Reducing the instance cap would make things harder on players that need the help which might not be a good thing.

What is funny is that the request to reduce the number of players generally comes from the newer/inexperienced/casual players because the evil dpsers are doing everything and they can't do anything in the zone.

Yeah, that is funny.. but we're used to it.

Everything wrong with this game is our fault after all. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User

What is funny is that the request to reduce the number of players generally comes from the newer/inexperienced/casual players because the evil dpsers are doing everything and they can't do anything in the zone.

Well... not all of them are newbies.

Some of them are simply noobs ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

It would be nice if PWE/Cryptic could figure out and implement a system that takes into consideration how much DPS each ship in an instance can do and populate that instance accordingly while that content is loading.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    While its annoying in adventure zones when a ton of people are running around and doing the exact same things as you and killing things right before you get to them. I've not had a problem jumping to another lower populated instance when I end up in one thats full with people killing things before I can get to them.

Battlezones however, should feel more like large battles. Never been a fan of small things since it feels more like a duel, rather than a battle.

Honestly I miss more large scale battle stuff that can just be joined and left at will. Something that feels more like an epic scale fight.

Also capping DPS? whats the point of having good gear then? Whats the point of learning attacks and tactics?
    People work hard on getting good gear and upgrading it, learning which things works best against what... suddenly get punished for all their hard work? No thanks.
    I already have a problem with them disabling certain powers in missions. And therefor not allowing certain tactics to be used. ((Like in the Battle at the Binary Stars you can't use your distress call devices to summon a fleet to help you. There is no point in it.)) Don't go punish people who found their thing in this game ((unless its a clear exploit, then fix and remove that)).
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I guess a lot of players are not interested by chasing dps, only needed to do again, again and again the same c... . They use their time of playing for something else!

You can play casually and still do great damage enough to contribute to a run or so on. The 2 concepts are not mutually exclusive. It's the quality of the play time that matters and not as much quantity.
    gaalom wrote: »
    Voth ground battle zone, is fine as is, only thing it needs is the three end bosses need a whole heck of allot more health added to them. No need for anything else.

teleporting everyone back to the command center would alleviate the camping issue a good bit and force folks to run back to the dinos. part of the problem right now is folks contributing nothing to flipping the zone, then wanting to nuke the Vrex in about 5 seconds, which is basically a kick in the face to folks who actually did the work of flipping the zone. Personally I think both needs to happen but that's just me.

As I said above, playing casually and doing great damage are not mutually exclusive. What matters is the quality of the playtime and not the actual quantity. Even if someone can only play 1 hour per day, that's 7 hours in a week. Alot can get done in 7 hours in this game. Given proper time and effort folks starting tomorrow will be able to get to 100k dps fairly quickly. It's really not as difficult as people make it out to be. This game is 20% gear/setup, and the other 80% is in piloting.
    jcsww wrote: »
    It would be nice if PWE/Cryptic could figure out and implement a system that takes into consideration how much DPS each ship in an instance can do and populate that instance accordingly while that content is loading.

The problem is there is no way to consistently measure such a thing as there are a ton of factors that go into measuring DPS. If you give a brand new player a ship with all mk xv gold items and a basic rundown on how to use the ship, and then give me that same ship, I'm going to fly circles around them because I have experience they don't yet have. They've not had time to learn all the ways they can combo their powers, when to use certain ones and so on. No 2 ships are ever going to be exactly the same in terms of damage output.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Many of the zone already does this. More people in a capture zone, more things spawn. You actually want people to spread out.

The spawns will be larger in size to a set maximum but they don't increase in frequency. With the persona endeavor system this leads to people trying to form a large mob to get bigger spawns (so they have to sit around less waiting for spawns) but also results in a tougher time for newer players who likely don't have the builds or the dps to do enough damage to the short-lived enemies to have it count as a kill.

If nothing else it'd be nice for them to shorten the respawn delay on enemies in any zone that they force people to do personal endeavors in. Have enemies keep up with the demand for their blood.
  • Options
    kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Instead of decreasing the number of players maybe they could increase the spawn rates
    This would not do well for the already (or so I hear) existing lag.
    Which I said on page 1.
    We need increases not decreases ...
    Several issues come to mind, such as lag.
    Problem is, not everyone has a GOOD internet connection.
    The more people in an instance, the more that the game needs to synchronize, and due to the difference in netspeeds this can become REALLY heavy on the servers.
    Instead of decreasing the number of players maybe they could increase the spawn rates based on the population of the instance, or even number of players within a certain radius of the spawn point. People aren't really annoyed by how many people are around - they're annoyed by the fact that it can be tedious to find the things they need to kill (for PEs or whatever) when those areas are overhunted. If there were a steady supply of enemies without downtime, the irritation would go away.

Many of the zone already does this. More people in a capture zone, more things spawn. You actually want people to spread out.
    This.

Why do you need to insult me, the uber-noob? :(
    lol

Some ideas:
    1) Nerf extreme player damage with a hardcap.
    2) Make instances 'level based' with equally to the level scaling enemies.
    Note, these are IDEAS, NOT suggestions...
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • Options
    bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Personally as a somewhat new player I really love the battlegrounds good way to get in the mix of things and just have fun that being said to get to the threshold of 60 for everyone in the game you either "solo" story lines " Solo " Patrols or both the only time you have to do "group content" is by going to the favored TFO of the month for its rewards, I think a good solution might be opening up the game somewhat as in if your running a story mission let others join working on the same thing but phased style. so you are running a solo ground mission, and someone else in the multiverse of STO is on the same one, they phase in you get done a little faster with completion based on who ever gets to that point first. AND for the love of god allow space baring through cutscenes. While it is a pace to get through missions The point is to make the game more groupish friendly and if your just a die hard soloer then add a toggle to isolate during missions. My point is this, Newbies wouldn't be Newbies if some of the more experienced people would take 5 minutes to explain how things work to new people, and I don't mean shoving how to play down there throats.

Also lastly why not add the Battlegrounds into the TFO type Queue system that way you know the exact number of people in the zone and once you are in, the Game can run mobs accordingly to the number of people. This is the only game I am aware of where ANYONE can simply zone in. To ad to a queue type System it Queues your group based on the Tier of gear you are in. So people with newish type gear who cant one shot things get qued with more people roughly on the same scale as they are. sort of even the playing field a bit. Two things should never happen in a game because of the lack of players skills, Nerfing stuff, And Nerfing more stuff to balance. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, give people the proper tools to learn the needed skills for the encounters... that's my 2 EC on the situation!! :)
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • Options
    With all due respect, please do not get me wrong here...:
    Two things should never happen in a game because of the lack of players skills
    AGREED.
    Nerfing stuff, And Nerfing more stuff to balance
    Wholeheartedly and ABSOLUTELY DISAGREED!
    One NEEDS balance.
    One-shotting stuff just is not good.
    Sure, many WANT it, because whatever emotional reason they may have, mostly pointing towards insta-gratification, but from a LOGICAL point of view... BAD.
    Many might think "it is fun being Godlike", for that insta-gratification thingy or their 'need to feel important' somehow, but that does NOT suit the game, at all.
    Hence hardcapping player damage output would be a darn good thing... especially for those that just cannot get there for whatever reason like just not enough time to play, too poor, Technophobia, ...
    Nerfing damage to balance out skill?
    No.
    Nerfing for balance then?
    Heck bloody yes, I'd say.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Problem is we don't get realistic numbers of enemies. It's either 1 against gobs or 5 against megagobs.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Problem is we don't get realistic numbers of enemies. It's either 1 against gobs or 5 against megagobs.
    Well, that is easily dealt with...
    Remove the excess of ships.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    A hard cap on DPS again punishes people for certain playstyles and even running certain kinds of gear. Also targets people who actually enjoy pushing the limits for every last decimal point of damage. Not only that... there are actually MULTIPLE sources of DPS. Its not all from weapons. How do you regulate a science build that doesn't rely on weapons to kill things like the Megawell build?

While I agree that some people take their DPS numbers a bit too seriously and sometimes even try and impose their views on others, is it really fair to punish people that much? And again how do you regulate something that does the same thing but differently like Science builds vs weapon builds?

And as darkblade pointed out, not everyone plays the same. Even if you give them the exact same build, no two ships are the same. If I give my Phaser build Temporal Connie that my main has to a rookie, that rookie won't get the same performance out of it as I would, even if both ships have the exact same DOffs, BOffs and BOff abilities, Captain skills, and mk XV gold gear.
    The person controlling the ship is just as much a variable as anything else.

This issue isn't that simple. ALL angles have to be considered. Not just one or two.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    The how-to regulate types is quite simple: the cap is based on recharge.
    Thus, the DPS would be the same for all players.
    Note: DPS is the damage over a time, in this case I took a second.
    Slower recharging would result in higher damage peaks, faster recharging would have lower damage peaks...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Doesn't make sense.

A Megawell Build doesn't just rely on the damage over time the Gravity Well produces naturally, but also on the warp core breaches caused by things caught in the gravity well to add to the damage done. DoTs and alternate sources that don't rely on a recharge or cooldown are fundimentally different from pure weapon DPS. Not only that, you have traits and skills that also come into play that can augment each other. Combos are a thing.

So... how do you regulate these sources of alternate damage sources like Exotic? Certainly not the same way you do pure weapon damage that's for sure.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense...
    I spoke purely of the damage dealt, my friend, not additional effects.

Also...
    There are two types of damage: immediate damage, or DoT.
    When I spoke of damage over a time, I did not refer to DoT, but the entire damage dealt during a given period of time, in this case a second...
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    kiksken wrote: »
    Slower recharging would result in higher damage peaks, faster recharging would have lower damage peaks...

Answer this question for me. If I invested over 1m dilithium into a build and over 1billion ec to get a ship where I wanted, which includes traits, all weapons rolled and optimized, consoles in place, everything at mk xv gold etc. Why should I not be allowed to do exceedingly more damage than someone who is only using mk xii greens at best, especially if I am a veteran player? If I put the extra time and effort into that build to get it the way I want, why should I not be allowed to enjoy the fruits of that labor? Why should someone who has not put in the time and effort I have be pulling equal damage to me? Despite my tone, that is a legitimate question(s) I am posing to you. I seriously do not understand this notion that some people subscribe to that thinks all DPSers are the problem (not saying you specifically).

Also what you're proposing is not as simple as you're making it out to be. There is a thousand and one different factors that can effect an energy build, let alone a science type build. Did they get a console/trait proc, did their weapons proc, what level of EPG and such are they running, what ship are they using (boff layout determines powers that can be used), and down the line. Again capping damage simply puts an artificial barrier in the way and takes away the incentive to better, to learn and grow and master your build. Once I hit that ceiling, why would I choose to continue improving when it won't matter? Something like that would undercut entire sections of the game, including the upgrading system, crafting system, fleet equipment, many bits of mission reward equipment, and down the line. I'm far from a DPS focused person, though I can still crank 100k on my tanks if need be. I could take it higher if I so chose, but typically I don't because I don't really need more than that. However if folks want to get to 200 bazillion DPS or whatever the current records are, I don't really care as long as it was done legitimately without using bugs/exploits to do it. It literally has zero effect on me in the positive or the negative. Just like the folks complaining about how event ships like the Kobali Samsar needed to remain "exclusive and collectible." i got the thing from the event years ago and as someone who owned it I actually campaigned for a type of second chance to be added to the game because it again, has zero effect on my ability to play the game if someone else gets the ship a different way than me. I see DPS as no different. No one is going to hold a phaser to my head and tell me I have to play with those people or get vaporized. I sincerely think some folks in here are overthinking this stuff. Why the need for these huge overhauls when there are far far simpler solutions.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Know when I hit a hard cap in skyrim redone I moved on to ordinator? Id do the same thing if I could cap out in power in Sto to easily. If get bored.

I got bored of champions online for almost the same reason.

Perhaps I should clarify more.

I do not mind becoming powerful in a game so long as I have to at least earn it. I do however dislike hitting the cap without really feeling like I earned it. I didnt like that about co. I also didnt like they then started nerfing everyone to an extreme or narrowing everyone to arbitrarily underpowered setups cause a few players hated they werent as powerful as that easy to get to maximum.

I thought about the "max the damage peopke can do" argument myself. And I remember after how boring champions online got. Not just lack of content but how being overpowered was very, very unearned. On top of there being few truly viable setups thanks to that "cap".

STO doesnt feel like a game wherw you easily get to the cap and I'm kinda greatful for it when I think about it.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Back on topic. Ds9 is laggy and glitchy to the max on 15. No differently than 20 or 30. I say, lower npc count and up player count some in it :)

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    Answer this question for me. If I invested over 1m dilithium
    I understand where you go with this, and yes, you DO make a good point.
    However: those that can't invest the same time you invested, why do they need to be punished?
    Those that cannot buy the same stuff, why do they need to be left back?

I too am LTS, I do darn good damage (or used to, been away for long while due to severe health issues, thus I probably run way behind now), and I too would sacrifice DPS IF!!! they implemented it.
    I fail to understand that Arc/STO even allowed this idiocy in the first place.
    But they did, and the cost is great, the effects are there.
    Many just can't get to an enemy, since others kill them even before they were even able to move!
    How would you react, if you were in that situation, sir?

Oh, I DAMN well know, my idea (not even a suggestion, merely an idea) is far from perfect, and it will cost Arc/STO a buck to get this done, but it is nonetheless possible.

Others figured: add NPC's, NPC ships, ..., but they forgot that this would strain the whole game even more.
    That idea, therefore, is IMHO not a good one.
    Worse in fact, compared to my idea.

Still, I get you, and you made a very valid point, my friend.
    Also what you're proposing is not as simple as you're making it out to be. There is a thousand and one different factors that can effect an energy build
    Yes, it is not that easy.
    But it is not impossible either. :)
    let alone a science type build. Did they get a console/trait proc, did their weapons proc, what level of EPG and such are they running, what ship are they using (boff layout determines powers that can be used), and down the line. Again capping damage simply puts an artificial barrier in the way and takes away the incentive to better, to learn and grow and master your build.
    Why specifically Science?
    Why not Tactical or Engineer?
    And how so it creates a barrier?
    Also: how does it remove the incentive to better oneself, to learn, to grow, or to master?
    Once I hit that ceiling, why would I choose to continue improving when it won't matter?
    Because it is not ONLY about damage, is it? :)
    It's about skill, it's about defence, tactics, TRIBBLE, reading...
    Erm, no, forget reading...

Sure, damage is a big thing, but it surely ain't ALL.
    There are plenty other fields to improve upon...
    Prove me wrong here... ;)
    Why the need for these huge overhauls when there are far far simpler solutions.
    Well throw in a few, please. ;)
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Know when I hit a hard cap in skyrim redone...
    If I am not mistaken, you would bring in a DPS cap too, then?

And yes, victories seem just hollow.
    See fleet of enemy, FaP, dead, collect...
    Boring, indeed.
    laughinxan wrote: »
    Back on topic. Ds9 is laggy and glitchy to the max on 15. No differently than 20 or 30. I say, lower npc count and up player count some in it :)
    Adding MORE players = more lag due to synchronization between systems.
    Not everyone has decent internet.
    Some might still even be on a 16BAUD modem...
    kiksken wrote: »

By simple, you mean GAME KILLING...
    Please elaborate on how ideas would kill the game, sir?
    It's easily said: I do not want it, I want big boomboom and massive pewpew.
    No, skip that, I want to get into a zone, all enemies would insta-die and all loot automatically dropped into my lap.
    I do not quite get what the fun in that is, sir.

You said, basically, you do not like the idea of DPS capping, but you failed to motivate that...
    Maybe you could give a few ideas on how to solve the issues mentioned here?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    DS9 suffers from too many NPCs, too many of them exercising, too close walls.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.