test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of sufficient warning when Discharging ships.

mercialenmercialen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Greetings fellow players. Recently I had an unfortunate event occur and I want to both warn others of this and hopefully draw attention so that the Developers can hopefully implement a system to prevent it from occurring others.

Several days ago in the early hours of the morning, Feb 6th I had just finished grinding out a ship’s mastery and returned to star base to discharge the ship from roster as intended to replace it with a fleet model, something I know many of us do from time to time. Those with a large number of starships are likely used to ensuring ones inventory is empty before drydocking a ship as the ship’s gear will be deposited in your inventory. In this case I intended to discharge the vessel instead. I hit the button and The rather lengthy disclaimer/warning appeared.

What occurred was among the listed warning however. When discharging a ship, it deletes the gear rather returning it to your inventory. realizing what Had happened I immediately checked all the versus buybacks and reclaims Hoping to find the items in some recycle bin of sorts. This did not happen.

I contacted a GM hoping to have some method and recovering the items, though I did not expect any such method to be available. It seems the Devs do have a method a available though it is a lengthy process and not precisely ideal. I am certain grateful for it however.

My primary purpose however is not thank the devs nor cry for the vast grind that nearly vanished into the nothing. It is to hopefully start a process that will end with this not being able to occur. What that is, I can only suggest. Either an additional warning, “Please ensure you have manually removed any items from this ship before discharge” or even adding the drydock auto-unequip system.

For those reading this, I hope you will add your voice to bring a small quality of life improvement to a game so many of us love playing.

Thank you for reading this and have a pleasant day.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    That is the way it works. Discharge is discharge. This will happen if you discharge a BOFF and it still has gear on it, too.

Everything automatically going into your inventory happens when "Dry Dock" command is used. And that is something newer than the original "discharge" command in the program. They never adjusted the "Discharge" command to remove gear to inventory to act like "dry dock".

Advice: Spend some Dil/Ex Zen on more Active Ship Slots or Dry Dock slots, it is very useful. OH and wait for a sale on "Services".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin