test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beacon of Kahless

grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Hi all.
I was wondering how the Beacon of Kahless is different than the other fleet support or other beacons? Do people like it or is it pretty much the same as the others? Better or worse than the others and how? Thanks.

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    of the 4 REAL beacon/summon devices we currently have available (i don't count the kamikaze maru summon because that doesn't do anything offensive), i'd say the bacon of kahless is probably the strongest (or maybe second-strongest behind the hur'q beacon - i've never actually used this one) simply because all the ships summoned use beams - nimbus is a mix of weapons and the damage output isn't anything special, and while delta flight is strong in theory, they all use cannons and torpedoes and AI in STO is...TRIBBLE, for lack of a better term, so they can't effectively use those weapons

of course, this is countered by the fact that the kahless beacon is the single most ANNOYING thing in the entire game, because it triggers a blinding white flash on use - for EVERYONE near it

it may be strong, but using it won't earn you any friends if you keep triggering it near other players​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.