test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CE-38700-8 Error

I have, now on two separate Romulan missions(revelation and sleepers), been unable to complete these missions due to a CE-38700-8 error. Is there any solution for this, or at least a solution in the works?

Comments

• nitro#5448 nitro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I have exactly the same issue. Was trying to play the Sleepers mission with my Romulan character and as soon as I try to beam onto the Borg cube the game crashes during the loading screen. I'm almost glad it is not only me. :/
  • cypherkrypt#0954 cypherkrypt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same Issue, it has now spread to almost all of the ROM missions, I virtually cannot play the game at this point.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    I have two 'solutions' for this error that I have found that sometimes clear the error, at least for a little while:
    1. Easy Option:
      Go to the Application Saved Data and delete the Star Trek Online config file.
      Relaunch the game and a new config file will be created.
      (Your characters and progress are all stored on the server, so you won't lose anything.)
    2. Time-Consuming Option:
      Delete the game from your PS4 and re-download it. While it downloads, delete the config file as described above.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • cobi0613#2565 cobi0613 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'll have to give these a try
  • nightwchtrnightwchtr Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I have two 'solutions' for this error that I have found that sometimes clear the error, at least for a little while:
    1. Easy Option:
      Go to the Application Saved Data and delete the Star Trek Online config file.
      Relaunch the game and a new config file will be created.
      (Your characters and progress are all stored on the server, so you won't lose anything.)
    2. Time-Consuming Option:
      Delete the game from your PS4 and re-download it. While it downloads, delete the config file as described above.

I did the first option and that didn't work so redid it to all my configs for games I no longer play and then rebuilt the database and it still didn't work. Its a server issue unfortunately.
  • nitro#5448 nitro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @inferiority said:
    > I have two 'solutions' for this error that I have found that sometimes clear the error, at least for a little while:* Easy Option:
    > Go to the Application Saved Data and delete the Star Trek Online config file.
    > Relaunch the game and a new config file will be created.
    > (Your characters and progress are all stored on the server, so you won't lose anything.)
    > * Time-Consuming Option:
    > Delete the game from your PS4 and re-download it. While it downloads, delete the config file as described above.

Tried both. Neither of them worked. This is an issue in the game itself.
  • cobi0613#2565 cobi0613 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yea, unfortunately that's what I've concluded as well. It's my hope that they actually check these forums and are possibly working on a fix.
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    its server side more than likely because i get a error message daily 3x or more for over the last 3 years without a fix in sight it seems for it . the current error i get is CE-38700-8 same one you get and it does happen randomly totally random mostly though i have noticed it happens with map changing though or when you have been logged into the game for more than 3-6 hours at a time and other times it happens randomly though and without warning
  • mornslegacymornslegacy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @cobi0613#2565 said:
    > Yea, unfortunately that's what I've concluded as well. It's my hope that they actually check these forums and are possibly working on a fix.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm trying to do the first mission in the Myceleal network and when I get to the second mode I get the same error message so given that it is about a month since the you were talking about it it seems that they are not looking a d haven't fixed the bug.
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    > @cobi0613#2565 said:
    > Yea, unfortunately that's what I've concluded as well. It's my hope that they actually check these forums and are possibly working on a fix.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm trying to do the first mission in the Myceleal network and when I get to the second mode I get the same error message so given that it is about a month since the you were talking about it it seems that they are not looking a d haven't fixed the bug.

lol smh it happens 95% of the time on doing that que/map but it happens in other maps/areas as well but i always quit out now forget it not worth the hassle anymore i have made myself a list of places that causes the error/blue screen now as should the devs as well if they even bother to read these or anyone who does send a report upto them letting them know about it . if and or buts where candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas so not going to happen . like i said my advice would be quit out take the leaver penalty if they give you one because sometimes it don't give you one if enough people leave or dc from the que . and go play on a alternate character until the penalty is over with .