test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription issues

grierdongrierdon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I recently bought the Lifetime Subscription and have had nothing show up on any of my characters though it does say I paid for it in the Zen store. I have submitted a ticket but I had to spend way too much effort to do this for the PS4 IMO. Now my question is twofold: has anyone else had this problem and does support actually exist (I spent time researching this first and support reputation was pretty low from what I was reading)? It is worth noting that I bought a few help packs first and they applied just fine. This was really about wanting to support the game even after 10 years however that does not mean I don't want my stuff ;x

Comments

• admiralross16admiralross16 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the exact same thing. Annoyed about this
  • woldrafgonwoldrafgon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat only thing I got was the com badge nothing else
  • grierdongrierdon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well it seems clear that this is an issue not only on the ps4 but xbox as well. The joke is on me I guess because the ticket I submitted at support actually told me to come here and post a bug report to let the developers know. I'll repeat that .... "To let the developers know". So near as I can tell support is really like what it used to be when you contacted a Game Master while in game. In fact the person who responded both times was labeled as a Game Master. Caveat emptor boys and girls.

So this is my bug report. I asked for a refund of the zen so I could spend it on something that actually worked and that was clearly a no go. So Cryptic has my money, I have nothing in return, and I think I'll move on. What bothers me is the clear lack of knowledge from the people I was communicating with. I mean it's not like my support ticket was long enough it needed a TL;DR.

Anyway for those thinking of getting the lifetime subscription be sure you are okay with tossing the money out. They may fix it but let's be honest, this game has been out a long time and something like this shows a real lack of competence. I guess they don't make enough money on the LS to be bothered making sure it stays working. Anyway it has been fun and I've tossed money away on worse things. The lack of support though, no I don't think I'll keep spending. Later all, it was fun.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    grierdon wrote: »
    Well it seems clear that this is an issue not only on the ps4 but xbox as well. The joke is on me I guess because the ticket I submitted at support actually told me to come here and post a bug report to let the developers know. I'll repeat that .... "To let the developers know". So near as I can tell support is really like what it used to be when you contacted a Game Master while in game. In fact the person who responded both times was labeled as a Game Master. Caveat emptor boys and girls.

So this is my bug report. I asked for a refund of the zen so I could spend it on something that actually worked and that was clearly a no go. So Cryptic has my money, I have nothing in return, and I think I'll move on. What bothers me is the clear lack of knowledge from the people I was communicating with. I mean it's not like my support ticket was long enough it needed a TL;DR.

Anyway for those thinking of getting the lifetime subscription be sure you are okay with tossing the money out. They may fix it but let's be honest, this game has been out a long time and something like this shows a real lack of competence. I guess they don't make enough money on the LS to be bothered making sure it stays working. Anyway it has been fun and I've tossed money away on worse things. The lack of support though, no I don't think I'll keep spending. Later all, it was fun.

The bug was fixed. This has nothing to do with competence, something wrong in the code is what led to people not being able to get all the lifetime rewards. Game Master, refers to one who is in charge of bug reports/support for games not just STO. Be glad it is fixed and come back.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.