test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Energy Weapon Officer Duty Officers bugged under Beam Overload

emerald381emerald381 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
I believe this is a leftover from when Beam Overload was reworked last year, as there was a similar issue related to the Cold Hearted starship trait that was found and fixed around that time (an unintended consequence of the firing cycle change when BO was reworked, if I recall).

Some Energy Weapon Duty Officers are intended to trigger "on activation of beams or cannons". I tested this behavior and found that they work correctly under no active firing mode and under Beam Fire-At-Will, but never trigger under Beam Overload. I specifically tested the Cleanse Variant, but I believe the same issue will apply to the Shield Power Variant as well.

Testing Method/Steps to Reproduce:
1. I was using a KDF Romulan character (lvl 65)
2. Running the Starbase 234 Patrol at Advance Difficulty (using the starbase to have a tanky target to shoot at for a while and monitor the buff/debuffs on the starbase target HUD).
3. Using 3x "Elan Pa'dar" Cleanse Variant Duty Officers slotted in the Space Active Duty Officer slots.
4. All beam arrays slotted in a Klavek Science Pilot Raptor (combination of Pulse Phasers, Advanced Piezo Beam Array, and House Martok Omni-Beam).
5. While shooting at the starbase using no firing mode or Fire-At-Will, after some time icon "Targeted Disruption Immunity" will appear on the Starbase, indicating the Cleanse Duty Officer has triggered on the starbase and leaves the 15sec lockout as intended.
6. Using Beam Overload, this icon never appears - indicating the Cleanse Duty Officer never triggers (bug - not intended).

Hopefully the fix is the same/similar as the one applied to Cold Hearted. With the 10th anniversary about to be released, I know everyone is very busy...but I just found this and wanted to pass it along. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Just wanted to add an update that I tried this with a Fed character as well (using the Halor Kurlam duty officer) and was able to reproduce the same behavior as described above.
  • Options
    Bump