test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Where Angels Fear to Tread" Crash

mattpond95mattpond95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Just started the Borg storyline on my Romulan character, and ran into an issue in the first mission. Whenever I tried to beam over to the Tal Shiar ship after defeating the Borg ships at the start, the game crashed, and every time I tried logging back into the character, it also immediately crashes

Comments

• knight#7547 knight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same exact thing happened to me and continues happening on that same mission.
  • draco74656draco74656 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same problem. Immediately after beaming myself onto the warbird, the game crashes. Every time I try to log in, the game crashes again and now I can't play anymore
  • darthvamre#6132 darthvamre Member Posts: 1 New User
    i, having the sameissue, but i have identified it in the romulanb missions Sleepers and Mind game. i think all borg ground content is bugged
  • tytargtytarg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue with Where Angels Fear to Tread as well as in a later stage in Butterfly after beaming down after engaging the borg.
  • deadamoon#8106 deadamoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue here. Game always crashes (error ce-38700-8) at the same spot in the loading bar when trying to start the step "Beam Aboard the I.R.W. Areinnye". Restarting the game following a crash causes the game to crash when I try to load the character.

Restarting the PS4 lets me get back into the game, but it will crash again at the same event when I try to either continue or restart the mission.
  • Yea unfortunately I've just been avoiding all Borg ground content it's as @darthvamre said all Borg ground content seems to crash the game.
  • westi1882#9436 westi1882 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Mine is crashing on Butterfly. Same problem as everyone else beaming onto Romulus. Let’s me back in but crashes as soon as I load my character. Won’t be happy if it’s not fixed. Paid ship level 65.
    Error code CE-38700-8
    Let’s hope this is sorted.
  • cobi0613#2565 cobi0613 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Mine is crashing when trying to beam over to the derelict Borg cube in the Sleepers mission.
  • vee#5053 vee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having same problem on main character as Federation on this mission at almost level 50. Not happy as I can't progress the story and have put a lot of time into progressing my rank recently. I created a second character as Klingon faction while waiting for a fix and that now also crashes during first non-tutorial mission - I can't progress any character missions now!
  • yolvi#7001 yolvi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is my first time playing STO, 4 days ago I couldn’t progress my first character from the tutorial missions.

The Borg would not come out of the locked room, and it appeared my NPCs that needed to grab a weapon from the locker was stuck in a repeating loop.

I created a new character and got passed that tutorial.

Made it up to ‘Weapons of Misdirection’ and having the crash reported above.

Really enjoying this game and would really like to continue this journey. I’m on PS4 as Yolvi@Yolvi.
  • imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    We are having the same issue with Angels on the XB side of things...interesting....
  • It hit me today. The same problem was on the PC and it got patch. So whenever the new patch rolls out for PS4/Xbox maybe...MAYBE it will be fixed. Just might have to complain loud enough to be heard.
  • janisariesjanisaries Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's happening to XBox players as well. Someone there got a hold of the customer support and customer support acknowledged that a lot of people are having the same problem and they are working to fix the issue. I'm having the same problem. I had to reinstall the game so I could drop the mission and do other things, however I'm not getting anymore story mission assignments. I'm having to do patrols or just randomly go into a system that gives me the option as I fly by to get experience. It must have been a recent patch that bugged the missions with the Borg.