test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What in the world happened??

cup420cup420 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
So...yesterday I downloaded the new patch and ever since I have had nothing but serious problems!! Lag x10, buttons dont work, getting kicked constantly, tick, tick, tick!! Ive rebooted my computer AND my network, Ive now just uninstalled and trying to re-install with problems as well! Why after the new update did the entire system slow to a serious crawl??? Ive played FPS games with no issues so I know its an STO or Cryptic or Arc issue. I just want to know so I can tell others in my fleet whats going on because several of them are also experiencing serious issues al of a sudden!!

Comments

• cup420cup420 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Now...I cant even get the game back!! The last time i saw a download this slow was before dail-up connection!!
    Ive never seen STO this buggy since 2012 folks
    I finally got the game to load but no dice!! The whole thing is in twitch mode! I feel like im playing with terrets syndrome now! This freaking blows big time!!
    Some help...today...would be nice!! But I doubt I'll get any at all. I CANT PLAY SINCE THE NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!
    Some help...today...would be nice!! But I doubt I'll get any at all. I CANT PLAY SINCE THE NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!
    After going thru my entire system its apparent that this is an Arc issue. Everything else runs smoothly, no issues to be found anywhere in my computer nor with my connection. I need answers and I need Arc's help. Your update is what started all of this and I'm having zero issues with other games or programs. Please get back to me soon!!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,859 Arc User
    First of all, please change the title so it is less vague and does not look like clickbait. Secondly, please calm down. Now onto some help, have you chosen in the options of the launcher Force Verify, turned off On-Demand Patching, clicked Apply, and then let the launcher download the files? Also as others have noticed the first day of a new patch for some it is rough sailing since a lot of people are getting on as soon as the maintenance is complete. I had some slow loading yesterday. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I was able to get rid of some slow down in STO by showing my hard drive a tiny bit of love. Frtoaster says it makes no sense...I was kinda surprised, too. But this worked for me: scan disk, delete temp files, clear screen shots in Live and Test folders, defrag, reboot.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin