test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Cooldown on Event Bonus Dil after Claiming Prize

wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
The bonus dil reward for running the event TFOs after claiming the prize states: "After claiming the Grand Prize, you will unlock the option of earning additional Dilithium Ore each day, beginning at 2,500 Dilithium Ore for the first day’s completion."

In the past, you could run it once a day with an escalating reward each day (2500, 5000, 7500, etc.) with a cooldown on the account for claiming additional rewards.

Currently, you can run it on multiple alts with an escalating reward each time without a cooldown.

Is this running as intended?

Edit: clarified title
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Negative, it should not be a normal thing. It may be a bug of some sort as it should have a twenty hour cool down. Unless Cryptic made some changes to it, which I believe not.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    Post maintenance, if you run an event TFO, you earn a daily dil, but the cooldown timer now turns on.

So, it appears to have been fixed.

However, I should note that yesterday, I got the cooldown timer on the bonus dil after claiming the prize and running a TFO. I ran the appropriate TFO multiple times yesterday and didn't receive any more bonus dil. The issue was new this morning.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the way I understand it, the bonus has always been that way. You finish the 14 day item collection, then start on the bonus immediately. It's just the one day of overlap.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    the way I understand it, the bonus has always been that way. You finish the 14 day item collection, then start on the bonus immediately. It's just the one day of overlap.

Yes, i can confirm, it's just the first day that you can claim 2500 dill.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Bonus 'days' from any Event whether it was called a Featured TFO or whatnot always allowed that Bonus 'day' to be run on the day you completed the main Event.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »

No. That's not what the problem was. Yesterday, I used FTFO commendations to complete, then ran the event TFO and got the dil bonus of 2500 dil. Cooldown timer turned on.

This morning, I ran the event TFO, got the 5000 bonus. Then switched alts and noticed that the cooldown timer hadn't turned on. Ran another event TFO. Got 7500. Decided I should test. Switched alts, ran event TFO again. 10000 dil, no cooldown.

After maintenance, ran event TFO, got 12500 dil bonus, cooldown timer finally kicked in (again).

My daily bonus is now 15K after the cooldown timer completes in about 19hrs.

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

No. That's not what the problem was. Yesterday, I used FTFO commendations to complete, then ran the event TFO and got the dil bonus of 2500 dil. Cooldown timer turned on.

This morning, I ran the event TFO, got the 5000 bonus. Then switched alts and noticed that the cooldown timer hadn't turned on. Ran another event TFO. Got 7500. Decided I should test. Switched alts, ran event TFO again. 10000 dil, no cooldown.

After maintenance, ran event TFO, got 12500 dil bonus, cooldown timer finally kicked in (again).

My daily bonus is now 15K after the cooldown timer completes in about 19hrs.

Ahhh!!, ok, that was really odd!, that was before the patch or after the patch??
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    It is still messed up. Yesterday the coupon thing incremented but the borg project didn't, today the borg one worked but the coupon one didn't. Really, I do not care about the borg weapons set (the Thompson and the ghost gun from Spectres together do a good job), it is the coupon that is important and this looks like it just went from bad to worse.

(I noticed I was a few minutes early for the cooldown, hopefully the daily being full does not block the coupon event from progressing today).

Edit: When I went back and did another featured TFO after the cooldown ended on the marks I got yesterday in the event, the second FTFO counted for the coupon event progress. The two events are slightly out of sync cooldown wise now, but less than a half-hour's difference so it is not too bad.

I never got the FTFO progress itself from yesterday, but that is a minor thing.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I got both progression on my coupon and on the event shiny this time. Yesterday just got coupon progress and no event progression.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had already gotten the T6 Coupon at the beginning of the second Event for this Coupon. Yesterday, I got the daily progression for the Borg Event but the UI would not accept more than 7 Legacy Tokens. Today, after the Patch, it would take Tokens to the max.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Today's maintenance seemingly dealt with the Event and T6 coupon issues.

While it may have also seemingly dealt with this dil rewards escalation and cooldown as an unintended consequence, I think it's worth watching since it functioned perfectly normally yesterday and it's not clear to me what changed between yesterday night and this morning when I noticed it.

The fact that the update this morning seems to have fixed it, as well, may be fortuitous or an accident that may not last after whatever timer or whatnot clicks over tonight (as it did last night) - as I did have the dil reward cooldown timer when ran the TFOs last night since I had to wait this morning before doing my first run.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    1st day was bugged and you can only get credit for the T6 ship and not the borg event unless you had finished the T6 coupon already. patch and now once you do get credit for both the T6 coupon and the Borg event... however when you claim the T6 coupon... it resets the timer for the borg event so you can run it a 2nd time to make up for the 1st day's bug.
This discussion has been closed.