test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Midnights Edge: Star Trek 4 Cancelled ?

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
https://youtu.be/d96RFiA-x3M

Take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Or...just ignore the moron maybe?

A broken clock is right twice a day while Midnight's Edge is probably right twice in their lifetime. Time will tell if this is one of the few times that they are correct.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    How to test if a “news” story is true: Is anyone else carrying the story?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    khan5000 wrote: »
    How to test if a “news” story is true: Is anyone else carrying the story?

Not quite. Only by independent verification of three or more sources using sufficient journalistic integrity can it be determined if a news story is true or at least more likely to be true. With something involving a TV show, it just requires the creator or the studio executive for verification in a video not multiple publications. So if Midnight's Edge somehow was able to convince the Director for Star Trek 4 or the Studio Executive responsible for Star Trek 4 to come on his show and mention that Star Trek 4 was scrapped, then that is verification. Otherwise, it is just internet rumors that should be ignored.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The studio is so worried about 'Picard' that they confirmed that they renewed it for a second season; and keep in mind they've done so before the first season has aired.

Yeah..... no. Midnight's Edge shouldn't be taken seriously - its nothing more than one persons consipiracy theories at this point and he's almost always wrong.

Midnight's Edge should be watched for the same reason that people watched Alex Jones, comedic value and maybe one or two of his conspiracy theories will be proven to be true. Although if I remember correctly according to the Book of Revelation, Midnight's Edge being correct is one of the signs of the apocalypse.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Take it with an industrial bucket sized pinch of salt.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Maybe this much salt:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaa8xL6scwE
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      1. Get a reputation
      2. Make clickbait youtube videos
      3. Ad revenue!
      4. ???
      5. Boredom​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited January 2020
      > @starkaos said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > Midnight's Edge should be watched for the same reason that people watched Alex Jones, comedic value and maybe one or two of his conspiracy theories will be proven to be true. Although if I remember correctly according to the Book of Revelation, Midnight's Edge being correct is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Lying morons don't deserve to get ad revenue from me watching them be lying morons.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options
      starswordc wrote: »
      > starkaos said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > Midnight's Edge should be watched for the same reason that people watched Alex Jones, comedic value and maybe one or two of his conspiracy theories will be proven to be true. Although if I remember correctly according to the Book of Revelation, Midnight's Edge being correct is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Lying morons don't deserve to get ad revenue from me watching them be lying morons.

That must seriously limit what you are able to watch.
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      Midnight's Edge is clickbait toxic ranting. Best ignored.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      > @starkaos said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > Not quite. Only by independent verification of three or more sources using sufficient journalistic integrity can it be determined if a news story is true or at least more likely to be true. With something involving a TV show, it just requires the creator or the studio executive for verification in a video not multiple publications. So if Midnight's Edge somehow was able to convince the Director for Star Trek 4 or the Studio Executive responsible for Star Trek 4 to come on his show and mention that Star Trek 4 was scrapped, then that is verification. Otherwise, it is just internet rumors that should be ignored.

Did the creator or the studio exec go on ME to say the movie was cancelled?
      Nope.
      When the director of Star Trek 4 was announced the news was carried by the trades...Hollywood’s newspapers (The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and Variety). Is anyone else reporting that Star Trek 4 is cancelled? No.
      Your pain runs deep.
      Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    • Options
      Did the creator or the studio exec go on ME to say the movie was cancelled?
      Nope.
      When the director of Star Trek 4 was announced the news was carried by the trades...Hollywood’s newspapers (The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline and Variety). Is anyone else reporting that Star Trek 4 is cancelled? No.

Did I ever say that a creator or studio exec went on Midnight's Edge? I mentioned it because that is the only way for Midnight's Edge to be correct. It is far more likely for Star Wars and Star Trek to combine into a single franchise than for Midnight's Edge to be correct and if he is then it is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

As far as verification goes, some news is picked up by only one outlet. Anything to do with an announcement or cancellation and major actors involved would be covered by numerous outlets. However, something minor about the movie could be covered by only one outlet.
    • Options
      starkaos wrote: »
      As far as verification goes, some news is picked up by only one outlet. Anything to do with an announcement or cancellation and major actors involved would be covered by numerous outlets. However, something minor about the movie could be covered by only one outlet.

And frankly Midnight's Edge is not a reliable outlet anyways. He's a Clickbait Toxic Ranter who tries to pass off his ideas as credible news.

He's been saying Discovery's doomed for years, he's been saying Picard is doomed... he's, frankly, a biased doommongering conspiracy idiot who's only in it for the ad revinue and view count to make him look more legit.

I'd sooner believe Trekyards over ME because at least they would admit if they're a bit biased in their opinion, and clearly state that it is their opinion.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Nah, pretty much just means avoiding certain YouTube channels and cable news -- the latter of which isn't hard since I don't have cable to begin with.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options
      rattler2 wrote: »

And frankly Midnight's Edge is not a reliable outlet anyways. He's a Clickbait Toxic Ranter who tries to pass off his ideas as credible news.

He's been saying Discovery's doomed for years, he's been saying Picard is doomed... he's, frankly, a biased doommongering conspiracy idiot who's only in it for the ad revinue and view count to make him look more legit.

I'd sooner believe Trekyards over ME because at least they would admit if they're a bit biased in their opinion, and clearly state that it is their opinion.

It would be interesting to see if they actually believes or at least partially believes what they spews or if they are just playing a character on their channel.

Nah, pretty much just means avoiding certain YouTube channels and cable news -- the latter of which isn't hard since I don't have cable to begin with.

There are very few credible cable news shows. I mostly stick with a few Youtube channels for my news. I find with most of the shows with one moderator and a bunch of different people that is far too common on cable news shows kills brain cells. The ones with one interviewer and guest is too short for a specific point to get across or they bring on the worst guest to champion for a specific side. Podcasts like Dave Rubin or Joe Rogan where they have one decent guest speak for an hour or more is far more effective and not possible with cable news. In 10 to 20 years, there might not be a cable news network anymore or even cable.
    • Options

It would be interesting to see if they actually believes or at least partially believes what they spews or if they are just playing a character on their channel.

Considering how heated things get on the forums... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he believes what he peddles as news.
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Star Trek IV: Midnight's Edge Channel Cancelled?
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      oh please... ST4 died ages ago when they couldnt pony up the money they promised the stars... they pre-announce to drum up interest in funding. in the old days... a movie is announced it is already funded. 3 either bombed or under preformed... investors did not bite and hell there are virtually no Kelvin toys/licensing deals/products compared to the TNG or Original ST. Just cause a series is green lit does not mean it is a success. We are in the streaming wars... need content even if it is junk. Discovery is a bomb/under performing if you look at the licensing deals or lack of. I still enjoy the ST movies... but it's not real ST. It's like Bay Transformers... it's not Gen1 Transformers... but it's a nice pop corn flick, see and forget. If they do fund ST4 good, if not /shrug no biggie. I am looking forward to all new trek with the TV and Movie license rejoined with Shari Redstone.
    • Options
      lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      Or...just ignore the moron maybe?

A broken clock is right twice a day while Midnight's Edge is probably right twice in their lifetime. Time will tell if this is one of the few times that they are correct.

Except that have been right more often than twice, but I understand that people are salty and will flat out lie because they don't like them.
    • Options
      > @lianthelia said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > Except that have been right more often than twice, but I understand that people are salty and will flat out lie because they don't like them.

Sure I’ll bite...what have they been right about? Discovery being cancelled after season 1? Discovery being cancelled after season 2?
      Your pain runs deep.
    • Options
      Update:
      Noah Hawley talks about his Star Trek movie. I guess he didn’t get the memo that his movie was scrapped.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/star-trek-movie-noah-hawley-doctor-doom-cats-cradle-1202826468/
      Your pain runs deep.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      > @lianthelia said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > Except that have been right more often than twice, but I understand that people are salty and will flat out lie because they don't like them.

Sure I’ll bite...what have they been right about? Discovery being cancelled after season 1? Discovery being cancelled after season 2?
      Def not Anas Abdin he got laughed out of court...
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Maybe this much salt:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaa8xL6scwE

That's a lot of salt.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
        lordgyor wrote: »
        https://youtu.be/d96RFiA-x3M

Take what they say with a huge grain of salt.

You mean you don't believe the tripe being stated within. So why bring it here?
        Is it because you can, or because you are just looking for some amusement? whatever the issue, if you aren't convinced, then i got no reason to pay any attention to it.
        T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
        Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
      • Options
        lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailystartreknews.com/read/noah-hawley-has-his-own-take-on-star-trek-4-says-star-trek-is-about-exploration-and-humanity-at-itsbest?format=amp

Interesting, so its not dead,but its also not a done deal yet. This version of ST4 is still very early stages, nothing has been signed and no script. So Midnight's edge might not be wrong, but overstating it.
      • Options
        jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
        Nope, they're wrong. A dude that busy isn't doing a potential ST4 script on spec; if there isn't a signed contract, he's got about four other things to do right now that are paying gigs.
        Lorna-Wing-sig.png
      • Options
        First paragraph of the article I posted said Star Trek was his next gig
        Your pain runs deep.