test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yogscast Jingle

stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
Just signed up for it, but it is difficult to navigate, and where exactly is the key code for the elite starter bundle? O keep getting a key code for call of duty animated card for my STEAM account?

Very clunky interface, can someone explain?
StarTrekIronMan.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Great question. I was going to donate but wanted to wait since it was a bit confusing. Had no problem donating to the breast cancer awareness site but this was pretty bumble jumbled up.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    iscalpu4fun321iscalpu4fun321 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    yea, not sure about this. I donated, linked steam, and got key but when I log in nothing added. is there a way to redeem with arc?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    yea, not sure about this. I donated, linked steam, and got key but when I log in nothing added. is there a way to redeem with arc?

In arc, at the home section there is a redeem button directly beneath the Star Trek awakening icon.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    iscalpu4fun321iscalpu4fun321 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    thx
    questerius, I am aware of the redeem process, as stated by above poster I too had no problem with other charity codes such as the breast cancer but this one wanted to link my steam account, I would like to clarify my question, is there any other way to get this unlocked after purchase if steam fails. I would prefer arc but this seems to be a steam linked code. sorry to op not trying to hijack this post.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    So you need to donate $30 to get the code? I donated $5 and all I got was Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Animated Calling Card.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    linogeptlinogept Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The easier way to find codes, on humble bundle site, is the top right corner account icon, then key icon from menu, also no need to link steam account, even for steam codes link is not required and note that the star trek code for the jingle jam 2019 is only for $30+.
  • Options
    linogept wrote: »
    The easier way to find codes, on humble bundle site, is the top right corner account icon, then key icon from menu, also no need to link steam account, even for steam codes link is not required and note that the star trek code for the jingle jam 2019 is only for $30+.

This wasn't made very clear at all. Having slogans like "paying what you want" news page & "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" on the purchase screen. They automatically suggest that paying $5.00 is enough for the pack.

There is that small warning at the bottom saying you won't receive $30 worth of content. But this wasn't made clear on either site that minimum donation was $30 for the Star Trek code. You have to scroll the entire list to find out that Star Trek code is locked behind the $30.​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    Well maybe next year they have elite starter pack make a comeback for charity, now that would boost sales and by the way we can increase donation, go to account icon, purchases, "Increase your order amount!" add, for example, $25 or more, if initial donation was for $5 and should unlock the$30+ content. support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202394324-How-To-Unlock-More-Content
  • Options
    nachtwanderernachtwanderer Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    (Trolling comments removed - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The point of the bundle is that you're getting a thanks for donating to their chosen charities.

As far as I know humble have never pulled a blizzard and used this kind of thing as a cash grab but their monthlys tended to be tiered in what rewards are given. Just like steam sales you get a ton of mediocre stuff filling your library that you may never play or already own.

Back in the good old days (before they got nabbed up by IGN or whoever it was) you could gift or resell those codes you didn't want although I think that got harder to do thanks to the scummy reselling sites like g2a kinguin etc.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I paid 5 dollars because it will get me into heaven some day. I wasn't going to pay 30 dollars for worthless TRIBBLE. Don't need it. I linked everything to Steam and still it doesn't pick up on it. Not a very well thought out idea.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    The point of the bundle is that you're getting a thanks for donating to their chosen charities.

As far as I know humble have never pulled a blizzard and used this kind of thing as a cash grab but their monthlys tended to be tiered in what rewards are given. Just like steam sales you get a ton of mediocre stuff filling your library that you may never play or already own.

Back in the good old days (before they got nabbed up by IGN or whoever it was) you could gift or resell those codes you didn't want although I think that got harder to do thanks to the scummy reselling sites like g2a kinguin etc.

Compare Bundle to Groupees. Groupees was very clear about their donations and what the rewards were and outlined in bold the minimum requirement of donation for the rewards on the payment screen. Bundle is misleading and altogether vague. I wish Cryptic made it clear on their page that the minimum donation was $30 for 15 worth content (which seems really steep considering you can get all that for less in sales in-game) Although if they did then people probably wouldn't have bothered donating for the rewards.

Least my £4 went to supporting dolphins and whales even if I didn't get anything Trek related as a reward.
    tumblr_pvfs4kZlex1rrkahjo2_540.gif
    It supports superheroes like Deep in saving the animals I love... [awkward silence]tumblr_pn2a6hQEXk1qemoato1_400.gifv
    Nm...​​
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Are the confused people new to Humble Bundle?

PAY $5 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

-lists 2 items-

PAY $30 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

-lists a bunch of items including the STO package-

It's been that way for 9 years mow. For some bundles it's "pay more than the average of x.xx" for some it's pay more than some fixed amounts.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

-lists 2 items-

It's been that way for 9 years mow. For some bundles it's "pay more than the average of x.xx" for some it's pay more than some fixed amounts.

It isn't clear on their purchase page. You don't even know what is included in that $30. You're required to scroll through the list to see what is locked behind the price tag.

A button called: "GET THE BUNDLE" linked to purchase screen with misleading marketing slogans "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" and suggestion that paying $5 is enough to qualify for a bundle with Trek rewards isn't exactly the same as clear text message in bold saying minimum amount for the Trek bundle and extra content is $30 or more to unlock!

(unfounded accusation removed) - darkbladejk

Yes it for people that are new to Hubble Bundle not so humble and honest marketing on their purchasing pages that has some confused.

GGiuHjy.png​​
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited December 2019

-lists 2 items-

It isn't clear on their purchase page. You don't even know what is included in that $30. You're required to scroll through the list to see what is locked behind the price tag.

A button called: "GET THE BUNDLE" linked to purchase screen with misleading marketing slogans "PAY WHAT YOU WANT" and suggestion that paying $5 is enough to qualify for a bundle with Trek rewards isn't exactly the same as clear text message in bold saying minimum amount for the Trek bundle and extra content is $30 or more to unlock!

I tell you this I won't be paying that TRIBBLE site anything again. I don't even trust that all donations will go to the charity.
    ** Libel against Cryptic and Humble redacted by me ***

Yes it for people that are new to Hubble Bundle not so humble and honest marketing on their purchasing pages that has some confused.

GGiuHjy.png​​

Yes: if you've never used Humble before, never read any of their Bundle pages over the last 9 years, and you jump straight to the purchase page without bothering to read the actual product description page, then you could pay $5 and think you're getting everything. If you never read product pages before buying then you might have fun surprises shopping at other sites too.

Even if you do all that, you also have to ignore the big orange "Warning" box in your image **telling you that you will not get all of the content!**

Finally, your claims of Humble stealing donations are nonsense. Humble has been working with indies, major game publishers and charities for 9 years now. Donations go exactly where they say they go.
  • Options
    Well to be fair, the $30+ donation isn't just for the star trek online code and this yogcast jingle jam, has some trouble to display few to many images in one page, making it, a little more confusing than the usual humble bundle page, however, in my opinion, it is not that hard to make out and has plenty of warnings and information to avoid misunderstandings, also on star trek online page side would be easy to add some reference to star trek online content being part of not the bundle in general, but only for donations of $30 or more, there I agree would be helpful.
  • Options
    Yes: if you've never used Humble before, never read any of their Bundle pages over the last 9 years, and you jump straight to the purchase page without bothering to read the actual product description page, then you could pay $5 and think you're getting everything. If you never read product pages before buying then you might have fun surprises shopping at other sites too.

However, your claims of Humble stealing donations are nonsense. Humble has been working with indies, major game publishers and charities for 9 years now. Donations go exactly where they say they go.

You keep saying 9 years like people are suppose to know what that means. You acknowledge that people may not have purchased from their site before but keeping using "9 years" like it means something. Maybe they haven't used their site for 9 years? Maybe? Possibly? 9 years? Get it now.

Yeah people just scrolled down their page intentionally. Are you forgetting that it links directly to their "GET THE BUNDLE" button which encourages you to click it which skips past the product description page. This part "PAY $30 (ABOUT £22.42) OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!" should have been at the bottom and top of their screen in both links.

People will read the Cryptic page thinking that donating will get them Trek bundle only. Click the link to their page which leads to another linked button that takes you directly to the payment screen and more often than not they won't think. That what companies like that bank on.

I was making wild speculations. Not claiming that it's a fact. You excusing their clunky and confusing interface and writing load of tosh about people should know about product page of 9 years when you know they're new to the site is what I call being silly.​​
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    So you need to donate $30 to get the code? I donated $5 and all I got was Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Animated Calling Card.

Yes you NEED to donate at least $30 USD to get the mega bundle of all the games/codes. STO stuff is only 2000 zen ($20 USD). If there are multiple items from the various bundles then it is a good value. Keep in mind, they say everything goes to charity (after any fees).
  • Options
    linogept wrote: »
    Well to be fair, the $30+ donation isn't just for the star trek online code and this yogcast jingle jam, has some trouble to display few to many images in one page, making it, a little more confusing than the usual humble bundle page, however, in my opinion, it is not that hard to make out and has plenty of warnings and information to avoid misunderstandings, also on star trek online page side would be easy to add some reference to star trek online content being part of not the bundle in general, but only for donations of $30 or more, there I agree would be helpful.

It has one vague warning (not many warnings unless you read the entire page). "You will not receive the $30 content" ofc they neglect to list in small print what this includes. Maybe if that $30 purchase linked you to the products to see what was included would have been better. Or like you said Cryptic had mentioned that the trek pack wasn't included in the bundle and clearly made note that it was for minimum of $30 or more to qualify for the pack.

I made the mistake of not reading twitter first. There are less gullible people there that make it clear that you're not getting a "Excellent deal" from Cryptic and Humble Bundle unless you want to pay £22 for bunch of TRIBBLE you won't play or use. Then again it for charity.​​
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There's a list to scroll down showing what you get for either tier so I'm failing to see how they could make it any clearer apart from having someone come around to a purchasers house and operating the scroll wheel on their mouse.

-lists 2 items-

I tell you this I won't be paying that TRIBBLE site anything again. I don't even trust that all donations will go to the charity. They probably take % of that money for themselves and Cryptic.

GGiuHjy.png​​

That orange box for saying you won't get the $30 by paying $5 is not exactly a subtle colour so again I really can't see how confusion could come about.

Yes, the post should maybe have mentioned the tier the STO stuff was included with but the information isn't exactly buried. Certainly the more regular readers of cryptics blogposts know to expect typos and missed info.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    So.. I paid $30, gave me the elite starter (which I can not claim on my jem hadar, temporal agent or discovery era character at all) no ship and no gear.. any ideas?
  • Options
    There's a list to scroll down showing what you get for either tier so I'm failing to see how they could make it any clearer apart from having someone come around to a purchasers house and operating the scroll wheel on their mouse.

That orange box for saying you won't get the $30 by paying $5 is not exactly a subtle colour so again I really can't see how confusion could come about.

Yes, the post should maybe have mentioned the tier the STO stuff was included with but the information isn't exactly buried. Certainly the more regular readers of cryptics blogposts know to expect typos and missed info.

You mean that very large list that people will miss if they click on the linked button at the top of the screen "GET THE BUNDLE". That list?

That orange box is vague. It should have linked you to the list of games or mentioned in small print of all the games included in $30 price range.

Now you make sense. Yes the lack of information is what lead to the confusion. Unless you scroll the entire page and work out that the trek bundle is locked behind the $30 and not this Jingle Bundle that Cryptic and Humble is advertising then you will think you're paying $5 for trek starter pack.​​
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »

Yes you NEED to donate at least $30 USD to get the mega bundle of all the games/codes. STO stuff is only 2000 zen ($20 USD). If there are multiple items from the various bundles then it is a good value. Keep in mind, they say everything goes to charity (after any fees).

Great deal if you want all stuff, bad if you're only interested in Trek related content. The Groupees one was great that I thought it was similar deal but like you said least most of the money is going to charity (after their fees).​​
  • Options
    I think the ship can be claimed after completing tutorial on any federation or federation side character, it should be under ships or maybe starter packs or promotions in zen store, same with uniform, another matter are the slots, items and bridge officer that apparently are locked to the character you use pack on first, note that if you have limit total slots on that character you will not get item to unlock slots on different character, like we did on elite starter pack for example, in short this federation starter pack is, in my opinion, a let down compared to last time with the holo enterprise crew.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    you will not get item to unlock slots on different character, like we did on elite starter pack for example, in short this federation starter pack is, in my opinion, a let down compared to last time with the holo enterprise crew.

Yep. Good enough reason not to bother paying $30. The starter pack unlock slots aren't claimable on multiple characters. Not so much as a "Excellent deal" but a bad deal for you if all you want is Trek. Keep that money for Christmas or use it for Zen store sale if you want to unlock anything in-game.

But if you want to support a charity go ahead and donate. Just don't expect much from it if you're interested in Star Trek deals only.​​
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Okay guys here's how this stuff works. When you go to the Humble Bundle site you can donate as much as you however often times there are tiers you must meet in order to unlock certain items. If someone wanted to donate $50 they will get both. the $5 and $30 options, with an extra $20 going to the charity donation. Thus our hypothetical guy chooses to pay $50 even though he only needs to pay $30 to get the larger packs. It makes crystal clear on the site what you're getting access to "pay $5 or more for x, and pay $30 or more for Y." It's really not as complicated as people are making it seem nor is there anything below board going on save in people's own minds.

Next, in regards to the starter pack, it's made clear that it's federation based and if you want to see what you're getting you can read the tooltip in game. The uniform and ship are account unlocks, but the slots are a once only claim for the toon that claims the pack. So make sure you claim the pack on the toon you want to us the pack for. In terms of what you're getting for the $30 donation, with the federation starter pack alone that's at least $50 worth of stuff they're giving you when you math everything out. So folks are getting well more than $30 in value back for a donation.

Now with all of that said, if there are issues with codes not working or items not showing up etc, you are welcome to note those issues below and I will forward them up the chain so they can be resolved. they don't like bugs and issues anymore than the rest of us do.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Okay guys here's how this stuff works. When you go to the Humble Bundle site you can donate as much as you however often times there are tiers you must meet in order to unlock certain items. If someone wanted to donate $50 they will get both. the $5 and $30 options, with an extra $20 going to the charity donation. Thus our hypothetical guy chooses to pay $50 even though he only needs to pay $30 to get the larger packs. It makes crystal clear on the site what you're getting access to "pay $5 or more for x, and pay $30 or more for Y." It's really not as complicated as people are making it seem nor is there anything below board going on save in people's own minds.

Next, in regards to the starter pack, it's made clear that it's federation based and if you want to see what you're getting you can read the tooltip in game. The uniform and ship are account unlocks, but the slots are a once only claim for the toon that claims the pack. So make sure you claim the pack on the toon you want to us the pack for. In terms of what you're getting for the $30 donation, with the federation starter pack alone that's at least $50 worth of stuff they're giving you when you math everything out. So folks are getting well more than $30 in value back for a donation.

Now with all of that said, if there are issues with codes not working or items not showing up etc, you are welcome to note those issues below and I will forward them up the chain so they can be resolved. they don't like bugs and issues anymore than the rest of us do.

Sure, crystal clear if you scroll and read past the linked button. If you just press that link good luck figuring out what you're paying for what with the vagueness.
    federation starter pack alone that's at least $50 worth of stuff they're giving you when you math everything out. So folks are getting well more than $30 in value back for a donation.
    Does that include the maths of sale discount of 25% off store items?​​
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @darkbladejk so I did the 'maths' and this is coming from me who sucks at maths.
    In terms of what you're getting for the $30 donation, with the federation starter pack alone that's at least $50 worth of stuff they're giving you when you math everything out. So folks are getting well more than $30 in value back for a donation.

y1PNAiL.jpg
    DvRc7tI.png

That federation starter pack alone is only worth $20 or so and that isn't including a sale discount (which would be around $17/£13). I fail to see how this is a "Excellent deal" from Cryptic it's probably the worst deal you could ever make unless you like random games at steep price of $30. I don't know how you could come to the conclusion that the pack is $50. Maybe if you separate the items but the pack isn't a exclusive donation deal. You can get it in-game for £16-£13.

I did manage to get a refund. In future they should make it clear what you require to donate to be eligible in bold and at the top of the screen (on both websites) not 5-10 spaces below the link to the purchase screen.

Edit: Just to be clear it's a great deal if you want all other random stuff in that locked bundle but not if you are only wanting to buy the federation starter pack.
    Post edited by terranempire#7881 on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Sure, crystal clear if you scroll and read past the linked button. If you just press that link good luck figuring out what you're paying for what with the vagueness.
    federation starter pack alone that's at least $50 worth of stuff they're giving you when you math everything out. So folks are getting well more than $30 in value back for a donation.
    Does that include the maths of sale discount of 25% off store items?​​

It's in plain black and white on the site what you're getting, what you're describing was simply user error to be perfectly blunt. And for the math of the pack, the packs they're meant to give things to you at a discounted rate to get you started. that pack itself may be selling for $20 but when you total out everything it gives you, you're looking at a value of 5850 zen roughly based on comparable items.

ship - 3000
    inventory slots - 250
    bank slots - 300
    2 boff slots - 250
    1 borg boff - 500
    space gear - 500
    ground gear - 500
    academy uniform - 550

So that pack is saving you roughly 3850 zen. By donating to charity you're getting the pack and everything extra. So yes you are getting a deal. Perhaps not the degree of one you were hoping for but one you are indeed getting.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.