test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Science Star Cruiser extremely slow on my level 2 character.

undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
Just started a new sci toon and decided to use the T6 Science Odyssey. In sector space it behaves normally. But in a mission or social zone, it moves incredibly slow at full throttle and barely turns. Full impulse is just fine.

I have checked that it has an impulse engine and warp core equipped. I tried the T6 Tactical Odyssey and multiple other T6 ships on the same toon and they work fine. The stats on the Sci Odyssey for turn rate and speed match the ones on the wiki. I've used this ship on Level 50+ toons with no problems. I think it has something to do with using it on a low level character. I noticed it does not have the self-leveling warp core most T6 ships have when you claim them at low level.
Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...

Comments

• elgreco#8199 elgreco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So what is the best T6 ship for a low level character like me if the Odyssey has poor performance at my level? Naturally I want something that will help me progress, not hold me back. Thanks for feedback fellow explorers.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Is the engine perhaps greyed out? Been happening to me a lot lately, parts of my loadout will be greyed out as they reverted back to one of my other ships where I use the same equipment (or the shuttlecraft as well). I have to then either switch loadouts or change something and then re-activate my loadout to get the equipment back to being active.
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I think any ship will perform worse at low levels. All the ship stats scale as far as I have experienced. I used the Sommerville right out of the tutorial and it was rubbish until I and my gear leveled up. I’m experiencing the same on my Romulan with the new temporal warbird (the Edison equivalent).
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    You likely don't have nearly the same or even close to the same # of skill's put into your ENG/SCI & TAC disciplines.

So TRY to keep that in mind, also make sure you put on the highest quality Warp Core & Impulse Engines you can afford at earlier levels to help you.
    0zxlclk.png