test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Agent Starter Pack bug

regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
edited October 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Well, after buying and activating/claiming the pack on 3 different characters in game, i still can't get the Temporal Battlecruiser [T6] - Paladin Class from the ZEN shop or the Ship Vendor, in both places the price is still 3000 ZEN.

Contacted support, Ticket #36159, after providing them with screenshots from the shop and the vendor, the GM told me that it's a bug, they can't do anything more to help me, and that i should write it in here...

I don't understand this - even if this is some kind of exotic bug, shouldn't the support be able to check if i bought and claimed the pack properly from my side, and then if there's something not working right on their end, simply be able to unlock the missing ship in the shop/vendor, or if that isn't possible, just toss me a T6 ship coupon, so that i can get the ship by myself?

And i could buy the fleet Paladin for 20.000 Fleet Credits, 1 Fleet Ship Module and 1 Starbase Military Fleet Ship Provisioning, so it looks like the game thinks that i allready have the ZEN shop Paladin, and therefore reduced the amount of Fleet Ship Modules needed to buy the fleet version of it.

Anyway, i was planing on buying the Sagittarius and Theseus to get the whole trio together with the Paladin, but now i'm not sure what to do... i mean, what would be the point?
If i can't get the Paladin after paying for it, something similar might happen with the other two, and i might end up paying for 3 ships but getting none until there will be a fix for this bug at some point in the near or far far away future.
I do believe in killing the messenger...
Want to know why?
Because it sends a message!
Post edited by regenerde on

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    It doesn't seem plausible that support can't do anything as it's just a matter of a missing flag on your account. I'm not sure how they figure making a bug report is going to solve your problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well, the GM said that everything about this bug will be send to the Devs/QA team so that they can fix it, but how long is that going to take, and why can't that GM just unlock the ship after checking that i actually own the pack?

I mean, it's not like i would gain some game changing advantage here by being able to use a ship i bought before the Devs come up with a fix for this bug. And what's the point of my thread here, if the bug is allready reported to the Devs by the GM?

This bug is probably not the kind another player might have a workaround for...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    I waited for a while and then asked the GM to elevate the ticket in hope that another member of the support staff is able and willing to unlock the missing ship somehow...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Another GM took over the ticket, but it's still the same, support can't help, and i can't claim the ship until a Dev fixes this bug... reading through other posts in this forum, i'm left wondering what the support can actually do?

It seems that the standard course of action is to let the player explain the problem over and over again, and then just send him here for opening a thread, that probably won't get any official reply at all.

What happened to the "good ol' days" when GMs were able to do something to help players out?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    No changes on my end even after the last patch, i still can't claim the Paladin from the ZEN Store or the Ship Vendor without having to pay another 3k ZEN.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    Well, there was some light at the end of this tunnel after a GM replied with this message:

"We replicated the issue and we were able to claim the ship directly from the ship vendor. Can you please visit a ship vendor to see if you are able to claim the ship? We highly appreciate your patience and continued support."

but i still can't claim this ship anywhere... and i'm still wondering why the support can't do anything to help here.
    Want to know why?