test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to send ingame mail to myself

Basically, I can't send in-game mail to myself, either with alt@account or @account, either at terminals or not, either with attachments or not. The system messages me back with "Unable to send mail, the recipient's mail box is full", but all my alts' mailboxes are empty.

I've opened a support ticket at Arc's site and, after some back and forward, they basically told me to open an "issue" here, so, that's what I'm doing.

I'm posting it here just for documentation's sake and to see if other players are having the same problem.

However, I have no hope that this bug will ever be even looked at by some cryptic/arc's personnel whatsoever, not to say it will even be solved, as can be seen with other instances, like this: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1246017/daily-mission-the-big-dig-and-breaking-the-planet-still-being-offered

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    ...but all my alts' mailboxes are empty.
    Doesn't matter how many 'alts' you have, you only get 1 mailbox per account, so if there's any mail showing up for any character, make sure to delete them.
    Of course, items coming back from the Exchange only show up for the specific character that listed them, but they still count to the account mailbox limit.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    chronosphaenonchronosphaenon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    ...but all my alts' mailboxes are empty.
    ...so if there's any mail showing up for any character, make sure to delete them.

The GM guy who responded to my ticket said me so much, yes. They are all quite certainly verified very empty, with no mail at all, none, zip, nada.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Could you share a screenshot? It might help figure out why that message popped up in the first place as well as offer better suggestions for how to get the issue fixed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I have such a problem since even. I have 7 main characters but I can only e-mail to 1 or 2 from each of them. For the rest, I get inbox full even if the inbox is empty. This is quite strange and never got fixed even if I reported it.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Make sure the character you are sending from has an empty mailbox too - items sitting in his mailbox count toward the limit too.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem trying to send mail to characters on my account. Not getting any error message. Just not working at all. Yes I have empty mailboxes on my 20+ toons but none can send to any of the others. I know this used to work in recent years because I used to send BOFFs and DOFFs between toons when I had duplicates.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Make sure the character you are sending from has an empty mailbox too - items sitting in his mailbox count toward the limit too.
    I tried even with empty e-mail on all of them. Same behavior.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Last question: Is your inventory full?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.