test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Can You Pass the Kobayashi Maru?

Comments

• Options
    captennik1captennik1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Can we get an some info on the old coupon I have 2650/3000 and I want to know if they are going to be used or if they have no value!!!! And if they have now value anymore this is really bad since 1500 of those points were from those buy out for the event and they cost me zen !!!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    captennik1 wrote: »
    Can we get an some info on the old coupon I have 2650/3000 and I want to know if they are going to be used or if they have no value!!!! And if they have now value anymore this is really bad since 1500 of those points were from those buy out for the event and they cost me zen !!!

That would be nice! I can't even find where any progress for the Kobyashi event is going. I ran it once, we finished it, but the progress still shows for the incomplete 1900/3000 for the last one. The PvE Queue does not show any TFO cooldown in the cooldowns. How are we supposed to track any of this? Why is this incredibly broken system being used?! It wouldn't be so bad if it worked but it sure doesn't seem to be working at all currently, at least for some.

Edit: Really!?! Why is this mess in the same window as the mission journal? There is still absolutely nothing to contribute to the previous free ship token, which sits in my character window at 1900/3000. The only thing in the C-Store to finish out anything is for the Elachi thing, which I have absolutely no interest in.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

That would be nice! I can't even find where any progress for the Kobyashi event is going. I ran it once, we finished it, but the progress still shows for the incomplete 1900/3000 for the last one. The PvE Queue does not show any TFO cooldown in the cooldowns. How are we supposed to track any of this? Why is this incredibly broken system being used?! It wouldn't be so bad if it worked but it sure doesn't seem to be working at all currently, at least for some.

you have to look in the event tab - next to available missions etc.. I don't believe this event will give you any progress on the past T6 coupon event. You have to start this one anew.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    tremblingbloomtremblingbloom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Sorry for double post...
  • Options
    tremblingbloomtremblingbloom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Really!?! Why is this mess in the same window as the mission journal? There is still absolutely nothing to contribute to the previous free ship token, which sits in my character window at 1900/3000. The only thing in the C-Store to finish out anything is for the Elachi thing, which I have absolutely no interest in.

Thanks for this! Couldn't figure out how to track progress.
  • Options
    tunegratunegra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I want a Kobayashi Maru admiralty card.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    tunegra wrote: »
    I want a Kobayashi Maru admiralty card.

"ENG: 0 TAC: 0 SCI: 0
    Ignores common sense
    Automatically fails the mission
    Causes the destruction of ANY other ship in the assignment"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,346 Community Moderator
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > The test of the Kobayashi Maru returns on PC, and with it our Event Campaign! Work towards unlocking a free Zen Store ship by taking Starfleet's Ultimate Test!
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11276273

What about those of us that never finished the previous free ship? I have 1900 of 3000. I was considering buying the 1000 from the C-Store at the end of the last event but I still would have been short, so I didn't bother. Can I use TFO's tokens to finish that out? Will this round count towards the previous free ship grind?

GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    50k was the normal payout for Featured TFOs. They mention the 2,500 Dilitium for the Bonus days but don't mention the progressing scale of an extra 2,500 a day maxing out at 25k Dilitium per day.

yeah 50k per toon who did event... so it was increased only to nerf it back to standard... yet still only 1 toon can get 50k. even with the bonus each day your still getting less if your one to run this on multi toons on 1 account.

Yeah, a while back (after the last sompek event iirc), there was a mention on the live stream that they were looking at the rewards, including the one-time, and scaling, to make it fair and comparable to players that ran it on multiple alts.

I thought the 100k was the result of that discussion.... apparently not. :disappointed:

For the record (lest he get upset again)... it was not Kael that said that. It was either Andre or Jesse iirc.
    :p
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You know, I tried it out before work this morning. With the fail conditions removed, it's basically a 5 wave patrol mission. I am kinda okay with that.

Yeah, same.. it's just a patrol mission but at least I only have to do 1 a day instead of 4.

Not nearly as bad that way.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The Featured TFO Tokens worked just fine. Put in 14, it completed, got all the Rewards, 700 progress towards the next Free Ship Token, and was ready to go for the 2,500 Bonus Dilithium run. Did that on another Character rather than the one who unlocked the Rewards. With 2.5 Million Unrefined Dilitium I don't need more there.

Next Dilitium Award will be 5,000. This will have the potential of 412,500 Dilitium extra from this TFO.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin Thank you for posting that here, Badd!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Agree with the above!

Thank You for posting @baddmoonrizin

It's welcome news they may be adding a buyout for the earlier Event Reputation Tab T6 Ship Progress Token!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > The test of the Kobayashi Maru returns on PC, and with it our Event Campaign! Work towards unlocking a free Zen Store ship by taking Starfleet's Ultimate Test!
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11276273

What about those of us that never finished the previous free ship? I have 1900 of 3000. I was considering buying the 1000 from the C-Store at the end of the last event but I still would have been short, so I didn't bother. Can I use TFO's tokens to finish that out? Will this round count towards the previous free ship grind?

Thank you! Not everyone pays attention to PWE's Twitter.

I can't think of a better place for this new Events tab but putting it where it is when there is an Events Tab in the Reputation character window, seems silly, confusing, and needs to be addressed. Is it possible to remove the Events tab from the character windows and have it incorporated into the new tab?
  • Options
    ravensky20#0887 ravensky20 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Cryptic, can you please merge Cupon Progress Token from Reputations bar with Event campaign in Journal? Otherwise I don't see any sense to keep these progress counts - both towards a free T6 ship - separated from each other - so we just earn from zero despite the progress earned earlier?
    NHoI6sAI1QI.jpg
    ynANSirSirU.jpg
    U.S.S. Springfield NCC-1560, Pioneer-class frigate
  • Options
    The run we had last night, it didn't seem like the Kobayashi was suicidal.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    The first I did, it was actually not.
    Then I accompanied a couple of fleet mates for their runs... and boy, it wasn't suicidal. It was SUPER suicidal! That thing was zooooming around the map like an headless chicken!​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Then I accompanied a couple of fleet mates for their runs... and boy, it wasn't suicidal. It was SUPER suicidal! That thing was zooooming around the map like an headless chicken!​​

Wait till it headless chicken runs into a doomdays machine primary blast :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,346 Community Moderator
    I can't think of a better place for this new Events tab but putting it where it is when there is an Events Tab in the Reputation character window, seems silly, confusing, and needs to be addressed. Is it possible to remove the Events tab from the character windows and have it incorporated into the new tab?
    Cryptic, can you please merge Cupon Progress Token from Reputations bar with Event campaign in Journal? Otherwise I don't see any sense to keep these progress counts - both towards a free T6 ship - separated from each other - so we just earn from zero despite the progress earned earlier?
    NHoI6sAI1QI.jpg

Incomplete progress on all projects in the Event Reputation tab will be autocompleted. Apparently, not all autocompleted with the patch. That's being fixed. Once you claim all rewards on said projects, the Event Reputation tab will disappear, leaving only the Event tab in the Mission Journal.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Then I accompanied a couple of fleet mates for their runs... and boy, it wasn't suicidal. It was SUPER suicidal! That thing was zooooming around the map like an headless chicken!

Eh, I had that too... immediately following a panicked shout of "TRIBBLE! I should've brought an Hargh-peng!", though that particular emergency went away when the Doomsday disappeared XD​​
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Only done two runs and so far the Kobayashi has not been suicidal and the speed round seems to have been reduced.

As expected the changes the devs have done has made what I see as the worst content in the game even worse and less fun to play. It’s that boring and pointless I am just going to fly to the middle, activate weapons and go semi AFK and browse the web for future runs. Perhaps hold the left arrow key in case the speed round triggers. I just cannot believe how what was the top 3 best content in game has been turned into the worse.
  • Options
    Well, one good thing about removing the original No Win, I no longer have to see the fly-bys of all those 'Original Thinkers' in the game when it hardly was. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'm having fun again!.. it's a patrol mission, that i can do with many alts.. for the marks, and distribute the dilithium among them, it's fast, i like it!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Then I accompanied a couple of fleet mates for their runs... and boy, it wasn't suicidal. It was SUPER suicidal! That thing was zooooming around the map like an headless chicken!

Eh, I had that too... immediately following a panicked shout of "TRIBBLE! I should've brought an Hargh-peng!", though that particular emergency went away when the Doomsday disappeared XD​​
    It should do it the original TOS way, with a warpcore breach. That harg'peng stuff is bad for the Magic Mushrooms. :D
  • Options
    NHoI6sAI1QI.jpg

Incomplete progress on all projects in the Event Reputation tab will be autocompleted. Apparently, not all autocompleted with the patch. That's being fixed. Once you claim all rewards on said projects, the Event Reputation tab will disappear, leaving only the Event tab in the Mission Journal.

Interesting! Thank you for the heads up. I guess it's just the wait for the few projects that haven't auto completed yet to get that to happen for my characters.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »

It should do it the original TOS way, with a warpcore breach. That harg'peng stuff is bad for the Magic Mushrooms. :D

Excuse you, that would actually require for it to WANT to di... oh, wait. Nevermind :p
    kv1Ohsx.png

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User

Unfortunately, I think this version of the DM is immune to this torpedo anyway.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    balarickbalarick Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    So, I have 1600/3000 T6 coupon progress tokens just sitting there in the "Event" rep window. Are they just gonna collect dust or will I be able to transfer those to the new system? If not, that seems like a strong disincentive to continue playing an event once total success *during that specific event* becomes impossible since it will have no effect on the next event with the same goal/reward.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Unfortunately, I think this version of the DM is immune to this torpedo anyway.
    And all other forms of damage...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.