What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon balancing...

2»

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    because for some dumb reason, cryptic decided to give polaron a drain proc while the game was being developed, despite it not doing any such thing in the actual show​​
    IIRC the dominion's weapons were capable of bypassing shields and damaging the hull directly. That would have been a nice alternative to the drain effect of polaron weapons.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    because for some dumb reason, cryptic decided to give polaron a drain proc while the game was being developed, despite it not doing any such thing in the actual show​​
    IIRC the dominion's weapons were capable of bypassing shields and damaging the hull directly. That would have been a nice alternative to the drain effect of polaron weapons.
    Yeah but Starfleet figured out how to block that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

It was actually a Breen energy dissipating weapon, separate from the energy beam weapons. The Dominion did retrofit the weapons to Jem'Hadar ships.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I'd give Rom plasma a 2.5% change to power off all subsystems for X seconds.

I'd make a variant of the Tetryon ones have a chance to overload your shield emitters: 2.5% to overload shields (+100 SP for 5 sec) and then shutdown shields for the same amount and cause bonus electrical damage (and call them reactive Tetryon).

I'd make a variant of the Tetryon called suppression Tetryon that has a 2.5% chance to stack debuff lowering shield regeneration.

And these are only 3 examples.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

It was actually a Breen energy dissipating weapon, separate from the energy beam weapons. The Dominion did retrofit the weapons to Jem'Hadar ships.

Actually Dominion ships were able to shoot thru starfleet shields, USS Odyssey (NCC-71832) a Galaxy class was having difficulties dealing with the dominion bug ships due to this, though that issue was dealt with rather quickly.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I believe the actual Dominion Polaron weapons in game are hybrid Polaron/Tetryon.
    Elachi weapons have the chance for full shield pen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm a bit late to this dance, but there are energy weapons that aren't limited to once per firing cycle for their procs. They have a proc on a proc sort of mechanic built in.

I'd like to see a Tetryon primary/Plasma secondary hybrid weapon type. Not counting the Destabilizing Tetryon weapons.
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    How about just increasing either the chance rate to 10% instead of 2.5% or increasing the damage from the plasma burn.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    How about just increasing either the chance rate to 10% instead of 2.5% or increasing the damage from the plasma burn.

The Resonating Tetryon proc chance used to be 10%. But it got dropped down to 5% long ago.
This discussion has been closed.