test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Command the U.S.S. Franklin from Star Trek Beyond!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I have to agree with NX Films, it would have been a good pick as the Lobi ship for the Divergence Lockbox.

I actually like the ship, it's kinda cool and different.. I think that as usual, the art team just did an amazing job with the model. If it wasn't an R&D Grand Prize Ship, I would certainly fly one, but I won't spend 1B+ to get it. For that much, there are just better and more desirable options.

Shame. :disappointed:

Well, have to admit - had a box sitting in a character's bank that I won some months ago whilst opening R&D packs for Lobi. Decided to take the plunge and open said box for this ship; as said in an earier post, I love smaller starships and that was a big motivating factor in this.

Anyway, gave this ship to my Caitian Tactical character I haven't used for ages - partly because I don't generally favour playing Tac and partly because said character never had a ship that I particuarly 'took' to. I'm hoping this ship will be it.
    Said character has a pretty woeful choice of equipment but was at least able to swap some Sensor-linked dual cannons from another character to use on this ship, and for now will have to make do with Adapated MACO deflector and engine and Bajor Defense warp core and shield - the best I had available. And did at least have five Locator consoles to pop on her.

Ran of out time whilst trying to set it up (work/family reasons), so haven't used it yet - but again, I love how small she is and am guessing she's going to be adequately nimble!

Not the choice I would have personally made.. but everyone has different tastes and different wants/needs from a ship.

I do think it's a cool looking ship, and I hope you enjoy flying it! :smile:

Well, to be fair, I already have the DSC Constitution, the DSC D7 and the Mirror Crossfield. The DSC Connie has become my favourite ship.

I mean, I did briefly wonder if I should've selected the Vaadwaur Juggernaught, which I guess would be the 'popular/recommended' choice if I'd asked, but that ship doesn't appeal to me.

When it all boils down to it, I'm actually more than happy with the Franklin - I like the design, I love the size, she's appropriately nimble and (to me at least) downright fun to fly.

How do you get so lucky?

In the past 5 years of playing this game, I only won ONE ship from a box, and that was like a Tholian Orb Weaver, back in early 2015. :#

Or...he just buys them from the exchange....

You know, the thing that pretty much everyone suggest you do if you want these ships. And collecting a billion EC is actually not hard...at all.

Only time consuming to collect (but if you really want it you will grind for it) or you can sell keys but expect to buy and sell lot of them to reach that billion.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    I have to agree with NX Films, it would have been a good pick as the Lobi ship for the Divergence Lockbox.

I actually like the ship, it's kinda cool and different.. I think that as usual, the art team just did an amazing job with the model. If it wasn't an R&D Grand Prize Ship, I would certainly fly one, but I won't spend 1B+ to get it. For that much, there are just better and more desirable options.

Shame. :disappointed:

Well, have to admit - had a box sitting in a character's bank that I won some months ago whilst opening R&D packs for Lobi. Decided to take the plunge and open said box for this ship; as said in an earier post, I love smaller starships and that was a big motivating factor in this.

Anyway, gave this ship to my Caitian Tactical character I haven't used for ages - partly because I don't generally favour playing Tac and partly because said character never had a ship that I particuarly 'took' to. I'm hoping this ship will be it.
    Said character has a pretty woeful choice of equipment but was at least able to swap some Sensor-linked dual cannons from another character to use on this ship, and for now will have to make do with Adapated MACO deflector and engine and Bajor Defense warp core and shield - the best I had available. And did at least have five Locator consoles to pop on her.

Ran of out time whilst trying to set it up (work/family reasons), so haven't used it yet - but again, I love how small she is and am guessing she's going to be adequately nimble!

Not the choice I would have personally made.. but everyone has different tastes and different wants/needs from a ship.

I do think it's a cool looking ship, and I hope you enjoy flying it! :smile:

Well, to be fair, I already have the DSC Constitution, the DSC D7 and the Mirror Crossfield. The DSC Connie has become my favourite ship.

I mean, I did briefly wonder if I should've selected the Vaadwaur Juggernaught, which I guess would be the 'popular/recommended' choice if I'd asked, but that ship doesn't appeal to me.

When it all boils down to it, I'm actually more than happy with the Franklin - I like the design, I love the size, she's appropriately nimble and (to me at least) downright fun to fly.

How do you get so lucky?

In the past 5 years of playing this game, I only won ONE ship from a box, and that was like a Tholian Orb Weaver, back in early 2015. :#

Or...he just buys them from the exchange....

You know, the thing that pretty much everyone suggest you do if you want these ships. And collecting a billion EC is actually not hard...at all.

Only time consuming to collect (but if you really want it you will grind for it) or you can sell keys but expect to buy and sell lot of them to reach that billion.​​

Not even all that time consuming. Once you get things rolling with like 100 mil or so, you can make your first billion in half a year and make a bil every 1 to 3 months depending on how agressive you want to be churning the market.

"Not Very Time Consuming" Proceeds to state that it will take 6 months

I don't know man, those seem like completely opposite statements. Once you have a bil, yeah its easier to keep earning more, but getting just one does take a while as you just admitted.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    To be honest, the big window instead of a viewscreen for the Franklin is one of many examples of bad (lazy) research by Bad Robot.

Viewscreens used by Star Fleet at least with the introduction of the NX-01 Enterprise. To use windows and relying on blastdoors to 'shut off' the window was a bad design choice by JJ's ship engineers. If the viewscreen doesn't work, the crew can easily do with out. If the blastdoors don't work, then the crew can be blinded by sudden flashes of light.

Then again, lighting becomes an issue on JJ ships, so maybe they got used to blinding lights?

The Franklin was supposed to be the fastest ship in the fleet (at Warp 3), so it was sent on a long-range exploratory mission. And yet the NX-01 was built before it, which pushed max Warp to the factor of 5. United Earth freighters, on the other hand had the max Warp speed of 3.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    Having the Tribble server's R&D boxes updated on time for once, I got to fly one and I got to re-experience something I thought was over since the VFX of beams were thinned down. I'll let you take a guess what:
    20191030173952_1.jpg?raw=1
    (note the size of the normal shield impact VFX from DSC weapons, the hazard emitters beam, the twin-phasers and Kelvin Timeline phasers)
    20191030173904_1.jpg?raw=1
    Those huge cylinders of red particles starting from the pylons? The Terran Rep DHC firing.
    20191030174056_1.jpg?raw=1
    Beam overload average size.

Size differences:
    20191030042010_1.jpg?raw=1
    Ship size compared to Nimitz and Shepard.
    20181118214956_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the D4x. Yes, it's actually smaller than it.

And for the giggles:
    20181118213433_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the Valkis.
    20181206131928_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the Juggernaut.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Having the Tribble server's R&D boxes updated on time for once, I got to fly one and I got to re-experience something I thought was over since the VFX of beams were thinned down. I'll let you take a guess what:
    20191030173952_1.jpg?raw=1
    (note the size of the normal shield impact VFX from DSC weapons, the hazard emitters beam, the twin-phasers and Kelvin Timeline phasers)
    20191030173904_1.jpg?raw=1
    Those huge cylinders of red particles starting from the pylons? The Terran Rep DHC firing.
    20191030174056_1.jpg?raw=1
    Beam overload average size.

Size differences:
    20191030042010_1.jpg?raw=1
    Ship size compared to Nimitz and Shepard.
    20181118214956_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the D4x. Yes, it's actually smaller than it.

And for the giggles:
    20181118213433_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the Valkis.
    20181206131928_1.jpg?raw=1
    Compared to the Juggernaut.

Wow I would've never thought it was smaller than the D4x, are you sure the Franklin wasn't just further back lol.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Wow I would've never thought it was smaller than the D4x, are you sure the Franklin wasn't just further back lol.
    Nope, exact same timing in the cutscene where your ship doesn't actually move when your allies show up. It's very tiny, which is also why the beam sizes are so ridiculous with it.
    More Beam Overload and Terran Rep DHC shenanigans:
    20191030173904_2.jpg?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    In my humble estimation the only honorable response her would be to make the franklin a tier 6 scaler and price it in the zen store in T1 and offer it for 90% off.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
This discussion has been closed.