Install Arc
Options

Elachi Qulash opinions

2»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Technically, spending a fleet module on the Risan Event ship gives you a hull and shield increase, but it goes from .9 to .99. :lol:

The Risan Corvette from the Event is Fleet Grade with 11 consoles. The 'upgrade' was to add the pilot maneuvers and make it a little better, but the initial quality of the event ship was not sacrificed in any way.

The statement that "All Event Ships, Lockbox Ships, Lobi Store Ships (except the Dyson), and Promotion Ships are Fleet grade already" is absolutely correct. Just because the Risan ship offered an extra doesn't mean that it's 'base' model was of inferior grade.. it wasn't.

On the topic of the Qulash, I haven't had much chance to really get into it yet, but on early impression.. it's a fine ship. Actually, one of the better event ships we have had. It has a great weapon/console layout, very versatile bridge officer seating and a great inertia rating.

The trait and console.. well, there is nothing to really talk about there, but that's not a huge surprise.

Overall, the Qulash is a great ship. It's actually better then over half the C-Store ship offerings. They did a great job on this one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Honestly, it's disappointing. It's a decent ship, but there was too much grind to get it.

I did not enjoy the event either, I am basing my judgement of the ship on the ship alone and trying to keep the method of obtaining as a separate issue.

Other then the grind fest of an 'event,' is there anything about the actual ship itself that you don't like? So far it seems pretty solid to me.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    got mine yesterday haven't had the chance to use it yet
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Honestly, it's disappointing. It's a decent ship, but there was too much grind to get it.

I did not enjoy the event either, I am basing my judgement of the ship on the ship alone and trying to keep the method of obtaining as a separate issue.

Other then the grind fest of an 'event,' is there anything about the actual ship itself that you don't like? So far it seems pretty solid to me.

The key word is probably "solid" and not smashing or amazing.
    It is a decent ship albeit engineering heavy and that is generally the part which roughs people's feathers.

In addition, the Elachi ship design is a bit of an acquired taste.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It is a decent ship albeit engineering heavy and that is generally the part which roughs people's feathers.

Really? People don't like engineering commanders or 5 spots for your favorite universal consoles? This is the kind of ship you can run EPTW 3 along with aux to SIF 3, aux to bat 3, or even Eject warp plasma 3 for fun, but its fast enough and has raider flanking to do some quite good damage output with 5/3 layout and 4 tac consoles. Yeah a tac commander would be nice, but not necessary.

Honestly the only big turn off for me is the fact its an Elachi ship, and the Intel seating. I'm not fond of intel but luckily its optional. I might end up flying it anyway on a character that flew the Chel Grett for years (missed the T6 one though.) Its overall better, its just sadly a disgusting Elachi ship.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Technically, spending a fleet module on the Risan Event ship gives you a hull and shield increase, but it goes from .9 to .99. :lol:
    +10%, exactly like every Fleet ship ever.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I wouldn't really call it engi heavy just because it has an engi commander boff seat and 5 engi consoles, it still has the ability to add many tac boffs and has 4 tac console slots. To me engi heavy would mean 5/3/3 console slots, a commander and lcom engi boff seat and only one boff seat which is actually universal mostly a lower rank one.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    hanover2 wrote: »
    So there is a "reclaim" button in the Events tab in the Missions window. The Qulash is visible there, along with other ships visible in the "account reward claim" list in the reputation events store tab, but the Elachi ship isn't visible with all the other ships in the rep store, because reasons....
    Cryptic has said they plan to auto-complete any outstanding event projects one may have open, and then afterwards remove the event tab from the reputation menu. Which would include removing the event store in said tab.

The Elachi ship isn't there because Cryptic plans to just remove that store entirely, since the store in the new event UI is meant to replace it, the weekend event store, and the event items in the dil reclaim store, by including all those items in one, easier to use, store.
    Do you have link to this ? As I haven't read anything on the official news cycle to suggest this. Though I will be very happy if this will is the case.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I haven't had a chance to test out its capabilities yet, but I will soon. On the surface it appears to be a great ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The announcement "earn event rewards faster" in the news section.
    "Cryptic has said they plan to auto-complete any outstanding event projects one may have open, and then afterwards remove the event tab from the reputation menu. Which would include removing the event store in said tab. "

The autocomplete part was not said in the article.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The announcement "earn event rewards faster" in the news section.
    "Cryptic has said they plan to auto-complete any outstanding event projects one may have open, and then afterwards remove the event tab from the reputation menu. Which would include removing the event store in said tab. "

The autocomplete part was not said in the article.

He was not talking about the article. He is talking about what they have said in livestreams as well as other outlets which is true. As soon as the bug is fixed regarding the old Event Tab and people can get all their projects left in that old Event Tab completed, the old Event tab will be removed. It will remain until that bug is fixed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »

Commander Engineering is highly sought after in many builds. Maybe not as much as a Commander Tactical, but being as to how Aux2Bat is the current 'Meta,' it requires ships to have a fairly heavy engineering layout. Given that all the other stations are universal, the ship's versatility is matched only by Raiders and their unique 'all universal' stations.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    All Event Ships, Lockbox Ships, Lobi Store Ships (except the Dyson), and Promotion Ships are Fleet grade already.

Obelisk carrier from event, Mirror Universe T-5 ships. These aren't fleet grade. Fleet Obelisk is something else.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    All Event Ships, Lockbox Ships, Lobi Store Ships (except the Dyson), and Promotion Ships are Fleet grade already.

Obelisk carrier from event, Mirror Universe T-5 ships. These aren't fleet grade. Fleet Obelisk is something else.

This was before Event ships became T6
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

Obelisk carrier from event, Mirror Universe T-5 ships. These aren't fleet grade. Fleet Obelisk is something else. The lobi Obelisk carrier is fleet grade though.

Your statement is irrelevant and an attempt to move goalposts. There was no such caveat made in ltminns statement. I just showed that the statement made was incorrect.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »

Obelisk carrier from event, Mirror Universe T-5 ships. These aren't fleet grade. Fleet Obelisk is something else. The lobi Obelisk carrier is fleet grade though.

Your statement is irrelevant and an attempt to move goalposts. There was no such caveat made in ltminns statement. I just showed that the statement made was incorrect.

He was obviously talking about T6 ships and his statement is correct for anything past 2016.

Stop being a pretentious TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Obelisk is not availible as an Event Ship and is not in the Phoenix Store, and was not made available in the Lobi Store similar to the Dyson. The one you get from the Ship Vendor cannot be T5U'd and maxes at 9 Consoles. The Lobi Store Advanced Obelisk is Fleet Grade and can be T5U'd to 11 Consoles.

The Mirror Ships were never Event Ships and were really the consolation prize ships from Lockboxes. They cannot be T5U'd as well as the Delta T5 consolation ships and all max out at 9 Consoles. T5 consolation ships post Delta can be T5U'd but only max out at 10 Consoles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I'd like it better if i were not elachi. would have been a sweet little warbird offering.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    True, it would have made a good warbird if it had a Romulan style model attached to it (along with some sort of singularity setup), but it is a good ship for Romulans as it is since in theory they would be capturing and salvaging more of the things than anyone else. And it is a nice little ship overall.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I like it. It is a nice little hit-and-fade attack craft. Which is probably what the Dev Team was going for. Gives enough of a taste of all things Elachi for people to start wondering about how the other Elachi ships perform. So from this viewpoint it is a rousing success.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    IMO, it's an OK ship but nothing extraordinary as I think a dedicated raider like the D4x or the Baltim does a better job than this hybrid.

However, I do like the trait as it's useful if you have nothing to counter movement-impairing abilities like Pattern Omega, Pilot spec, or the Konnie console.

Speaking of the console, it just feels like a slight alteration of the old Undine universal console.

However, the VFX seems bugged as heck as your ships seems to randomly appear and disappear regardless of the spore jump timing.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.