test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The cost of things - particularly the D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier (D7)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    This thread needs a pole! The cost aside. I am more curious to hear some opinions of those who own it, if they feel it was worth the cost, and how they acquired the ship.

I have been buying and selling stuff for about half of the years I have been playing STO (including keys with my stipend), which was since the open beta. I used the EC I have earned and purchased mine from the Exchange for 1,275 billion EC and I definitely don't regret it. Yes, it definitely isn't the best ship, but I enjoy it because it fits well with my retro Gorn.

If the ship is beyond someone's ability to obtain for whatever reason. There are tons of superb looking ships with better layouts for each career choice that can be had for a lot cheaper. As mentioned though. Even T1 is viable at max level on elite when you take the time to understand the mechanics of the game or look to various sites for builds that will help you achieve the DPS you hope to output.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I would bet that less then 2% of the player base could do an Elite Queue in a T1 ship. I would not put myself in that group unless it was something that really isn't truly 'Elite' (Starbase One.)

I think the point on the Resolute was that any T6 Ship can get you through any content you want to play and I would agree with that. Even a ship generally thought to be 'undesirable' like the Resolute or the Samsar can be made to work with small amount of effort into your build.

It's totally viable to just fly what you like cosmetically, but for most players they should be in either a T5-U or a T6 ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I brought up the Excelsior and other show/movie ships to refute the idea that people would only fly Connies if they were readily available. People already can fly most of their favorite ships with far greater ease than a lockbox ship but we see far more ships than those in the game. People don't just fly the ships with star power so we wouldn't see an inordinate amount of Connies.

Now sure if you want to start comparing ingame power, yeah the Connies would probably be more popular, because at a glance they look very powerful, but that is also likely a consequence of Cryptic wanting to sell boxes, because they happily sell power. But if they were more readily available, such as a normal Zen ship, they likely wouldn't be as powerful as they are and thus wouldn't be any more popular than Excelsiors, Galaxies, and Defiants are.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I brought up the Excelsior and other show/movie ships to refute the idea that people would only fly Connies if they were readily available. People already can fly most of their favorite ships with far greater ease than a lockbox ship but we see far more ships than those in the game. People don't just fly the ships with star power so we wouldn't see an inordinate amount of Connies.

Considering I wouldn't be caught dead in ANY connies and hate most of the feddie bear ships...all I have to say is well DUH. There are people who play JUST KDF you know. They have no interest in anything feddie bear. I play mostly Romulans and no interest in any pizza cutter shaped ships. However, you are going for a stawman here. The people who say everyone will fly one is being hyperbolic. Nobody is saying that literally EVERYONE will fly one. But you can bet a rather large portion WILL.

I prefer the Klingon side as well! Sadly, PWE's unwillingness when it comes to making separate content and basically making a single mission for all instead of missions per faction really takes away from wanting to play the same content over and over at max level. Quite a few of my Fed's fleets best grinders will not play the KDF side or bother with the Romulan and Jem'Hadar after thought half factions.
This discussion has been closed.