test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta/Gamma/Temporal recruit Events

So is any of this going to come back around on Consoles?
Or is this just gonna be any unfair advantage older players get to keep against newer ones?

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,461 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I am not sure it will come back around on consoles since as far as I know it is not coming back to PC. Life is not fair, you can do well in Star Trek Online even if you do not get the perks from the recruitment events. They are nice to have but are not necessary in order to enjoy playing STO on console. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The problem is that only the Delta Recruit event is general enough for today's 'one event fits all' style.

AoY is strictly Federation and apparently would take too much work to expand to the other factions (though it could be wound in with DSC Klingons if they wanted to save time and money on it, like they did with the reskin of the normal Fed start for DSC), and Gamma Recruit was only slapped together as an icebreaker to introduce the Jem'Hadar "faction" and so unlikely to ever be repeated.

For AoY the Romulans and Dominion could be a problem, though an off the wall solution for Roms would be to just send them through the regular Federation AoY scenario but put a small envelope twist on the plot by making them the 'Romulan Spies Posing as Vulcans' thing that gets referred to in several of the series.

That would never work for the Jem'Hadar themselves though it would for Changelings and possibly even Vorta posing as some sort of "space gypsies" or whatever since the wormhole or some other method had to be available for the Dominion before the time of DS9 in order for some of the other plots to work in the game. Another possibility for the Dominion could be time travel (as in a necessary predestination paradox) or in the case of Vorta it could be clone memories raising up (similar to AoD's "holographic studies" in a way) and Daniels showing up with the 'Recruit' device.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,461 Arc User
    Gamma Recruits are coming back for PC and I assume for console a few months after.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.