test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new animations feedback

Comments

• khalifriakhalifria Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Just wow, the new animations are horrible. My character looks like a toddler, with a full diaper, trying to run with two broken shoulders. Change them back please!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Oh man. There I was thinking the problem here was just all talk. Then I made the unfortunate mistake to take one of my fem toons into the new ground map the first time this season. :D

She walked like she had accidentally packed a few pounds of spores in her behind. I so hope they change this back. Sure the Antenna animation are super cool now but they have a hard time to make up for this. :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    For the love of god please fix the female run I noticed that today when mine was running without a weapon that she was constipated and looking for a bathroom
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It's great what they might have done with the andorians. However, the females walk and running animations is awful.

I'm probably looking at this so much more carefully that actually the animations are worse and slowed down more a character during walking/running pace of toons. Please fix the animation or revert to what it was before.
    It is so sad looking at a fem showing her behind like she has severe case of hemorrhoids or constipated.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    For the love of god please fix the female run I noticed that today when mine was running without a weapon that she was constipated and looking for a bathroom

Well, you know what's missing from all the ship interiors (not to mention ESD)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »

There's bathrooms in ESD not enough of them based on the queue outside but they're there (or at least the doors to them are the actual rooms are not on the map).
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    siotaylor wrote: »

There's bathrooms in ESD not enough of them based on the queue outside but they're there (or at least the doors to them are the actual rooms are not on the map).

Ah yes, in Club 47... I forgot about them...
    None on the ship though... which is why they would always "Boldly Go", I suppose.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Just noticed the fast run with feminine stance on female toons. It's just so wrong.

The slow feminine run on any stance is stupid. Nobody would hop up like that unless being a clown.

How does this sort of thing make it to live? Are there no female staff overlooking any of this?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Feminine stance fast run:
    p_101497917.jpg
    Slow run:
    kQ56VDe.gif
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the femine stance reminded me this : https://youtu.be/5NGhqjKH5ME :p
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    spielman1 wrote: »
    The animations are bad don't get me wrong but they do have bigger fish to fry
    They had time to change them, they have time to fix them.

Not saying they don't but they animations isn't that bad they got bigger bugs to deal with like ship bugs UI problems mappng issues lots of reports coming in. Not even gonna say what is happening on reddit right now between mods and the players there with bug reports coming in and what the mods are doing to the player base right now.

There are *ALWAYS* bigger bugs to fix, and yet, they still found time to change the animations. It takes less time to revert changes than to make the changes in the first place.

Quite true my friend I always found it funny they scream we are fixing bugs but I only see the ones that they wanna fix and not the ones reported all the time or something like this time to make a animation change but not actual fixes lol

First of all they do not scream. They are fixing bugs, have a priority list, and are already busy as it is. It is not about what they want to fix or do not want to fix, it is what they have time to fix in their schedule with all the deadlines they need to comply with (which I wish were more flexible and not stringent) as well as how long it will take for the various ones who deal with certain systems to do the fix and what patch that fix will go live. It is not as easy as people think it is. Keep on reporting bugs, they will be added to the list. Also, the animation changes to female character stances would not be a problem if they all looked okay and not wrong as reported here. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Don't worry about the new animations after a few months like the intrusive and useless Landing Page you'll adapt to it.

"Resistance is futile"
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    If you are triggered by the Landing Page, you have problems. As for the feminine animations, they do need to be fixed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Don't worry about the new animations after a few months like the intrusive and useless Landing Page you'll adapt to it.

"Resistance is futile"
    lol indeed it is. Well said :D
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    If you are triggered by the Landing Page, you have problems. As for the feminine animations, they do need to be fixed.

"You will be assimilated" and accept those animation changes just like those of us with large multi-character accounts who have to see the intrusive and useless landing page pop up on every character change.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Don't derail the thread. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Just noticed the fast run with feminine stance on female toons. It's just so wrong.

The slow feminine run on any stance is stupid. Nobody would hop up like that unless being a clown.

How does this sort of thing make it to live? Are there no female staff overlooking any of this?

The slow looks like power walking... and even in real life thats stupid..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    they should rework the female run animation :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    By the beard of Kahless, the new female run animation when the character is set to default on 'feminine' stance is just so horrible, I'm at a lack of words to really express it. I've been reading complaints from people about it, but only now got the time to check it out on my female characters, and my God.....that just looks sooo wrong. :dizzy: The jog/default movement one looks pretty unrealistic as well, but it's at least somewhat tolerable. The run animation, however......no, just no. No one runs like that unless they have an alien spawning from their intestine at the same time. :D

Please Cryptic, for the sake of our sanity, fix/correct this or at least revert it to the previous (old) variant. It just looks so bad and off-putting now, I can imagine a new player checking out the game and being put off by such bad animations that are reminiscent of the MMO era from waaaay before STO even came to be.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Just change the animation back to what it was I am tired of my female toons looking constipated
This discussion has been closed.