test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mycelial Realm Glitched/Bugged Fight with Captains

A few of us just spent over an hour trying to fight off the Captains on one of the islands. I can't remember what they are called. The objective on the island in the Mycelial Realm is to disable the computers, kill the bad guys and make sure some gas doesn't get out. Well, the Captains you fight have these shields and the Briefing mentions that their shields are defective and will drop because they aren't consistent or something. Well, the shields never dropped and they took 0 damage until a player joined and had Concussive Tachyon Emission which slowly took down the shield bar over the course of the hour, but they still had shields after. I don't know if anyone else had a session/instance with the bug but this makes it hard to play.

Comments

• Options
    flyingshoeboxflyingshoebox Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Had the same issue when I first tried the mission also. The stf system tossed me into a mostly finished mission where the two mobs had taken some damage, but their shields would not go down any longer. We tried a few things but nothing seemed to work so we just abandoned the mission.
  • Options
    zoltan12thzoltan12th Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I had the same issue. Could not defeat the Captains. We did get one of them to about 25%. The other was closer to 90%. Has anyone completed this??
    Zee@Zoltan417
    Engineering Division
    Charlie Company Captain - The Aesir
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I got put into 3 or 4 bugged instances of the queue yesterday, back to back. Same issue, the Captains couldn't be killed. They had their shield up and nothing affected them. Everything else was cleared so no idea what had happened before I got thrown into the near complete, bugged up mess that is the new queue. It either works and is 100% completable or the Captains shields never go down and you can't harm them.

I guess the fact I was able to leave the queue and get right into another one without penalty was a "nice" thing. But I got the feeling from the team chat that I was far from the first person to be thrown into the bugged instances and enough other players had come and gone that the leaver penalty wasn't applying. In the second bugged instance I was put into, the team said they put in a GM request about 30 minutes prior and were still waiting. As soon as I read that I left that team as well.

This new event progression system is already much more of a grind and time sink than anything previous, no way am I wasting even more of my time.

edit: I just got put into yet another bugged instance. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    I just had this issue as well.

This morning I did the micilial TFO without any problems. In final phase my team just opened up with all our saved powers and torched everything that spawned (while dealing with consoles)… Those elachi captains did not survive long enough to even realize they were captains.

Then on my second run I was dragged into the bugged mission. Apparently someone kept asking for reinforcements every time a player dropped the bugged mission so a lot of people got pulled in and then bailed.

There were 2 elachi with green shields completely encircling them and making them invulnerable and those shields never dropped. They were targetable by ground weapons but were immune to all damage (rifles, mines, Lukeri T5 rep electric field, etc. Some captain powers would not activate when targeting them (such as orbital devestation could not activate when targeting them). There were no consoles active on platform either...nothing to suggest that some action would take down those shields.
  • Options
    Fixed in today's patch:

Patch notes for 9/12:
    Resolved an issue that was sometimes causing the Elachi Captains to never lose their Immunity Shields in the Mycelial Realm Task Force Operation.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Wouldn't you know it, hasn't been completely fixed. Was just in a TFO with the 2 invincible captains and computers failing to unlock.

edit: after messing with the 2 captains for a few minutes and their shields never dropping I left. Was notified by one of the other players that about 10 seconds after I left it magically completed the mission.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen this morning. Both captains (corrupted elachi primus and corrupted elachi secondus) had their shields permanently up. Both consoles had finished in the first minute, but several minutes later the captains still had their shields up.

Then one of the players in our group said "let me see if relogging fixes this".
    He then logged out of STO and logged back in (returning to mission) and the shields on both captains magically dropped.

STO, please fix this bug, or just turn off the captain shields until you can figure out why they sometimes never turn off.