test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Teaming Preferences Being Ignored

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
I have myself set to 'allow team invites' generally, why is it treating the new patrols like I'm set to automatic teaming? I am most definitely not, and do not appreciate being shoved in with someone.​​

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    And even after another patch it's still doing it. Be glad I don't work there devs. If you forcibly teamed me with someone random tp get anything done there I'd probably do something violent to whoever was doing it, before walking off the job. It's not funny, it's not fun, it's NOT WANTED.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    tasshena wrote: »
    And even after another patch it's still doing it. Be glad I don't work there devs. If you forcibly teamed me with someone random tp get anything done there I'd probably do something violent to whoever was doing it, before walking off the job. It's not funny, it's not fun, it's NOT WANTED.

Violence is not the answer, even if you mean it about being forced to team up with someone. You scare me! Instead, report the bug as you have done and wait patiently. Last night, I also got teamed with someone for one of the new patrols even though I did not ask for it. It was at the tail end of the patrol as well. So it does need to be fixed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

Violence is not the answer, even if you mean it about being forced to team up with someone. You scare me! Instead, report the bug as you have done and wait patiently. Last night, I also got teamed with someone for one of the new patrols even though I did not ask for it. It was at the tail end of the patrol as well. So it does need to be fixed. Thanks. :)

Exuuuuse me if I'm grumpy after the 3rd and 4th times it's happened. :p yeesh. Least it hasn't happened on Into the Briars yet. There's a real good way to get hated. wind up teamed when you're launching fighters from a carrier on the briar mission :p Get yelled at every time your unwanted teammate explodes.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    if not answer before, TRY to look, beside the obvious O/Privacy -> Team Settings screen (check if open teaming),

also on (O/Privacy -> Team Settings ->) LFT Settings (might be set or maybe even reset to open teaming without you knowing/noticing). I think this happened to me before.

Please also give feedback so that people will know if it is really related and the correct solution.
  • Options
    I did look here, it's set to "allow team invites", like it is SUPPOSED to be.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I did look here, it's set to "allow team invites", like it is SUPPOSED to be.
    Thanks. Then I have no real idea, beside the speculations/comments bellow

Did you try to look into both places? (also LFT Settings, beside the party settings)

Also, just curious. What happens if you change the setting and then change back to the desired setting to force an update, if you chose to do so? (no responsibility, but you may chose to try)
  • Options
    If what he suggests works, I will try it as well. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Well I have been playing the patrols and have not had another case of being thrown into a patrol with another person. So I assume it is fixed, unless I hear otherwise. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Privacy settings only can switch "only allow friends to invite", has nothing about setting between open teaming and allow invites. I'm looking right at it and flipping the window to type this.​​