test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vanity Shield Displays Improperly

historiphilehistoriphile Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Graphical and Sound Issues
A picture is worth a thousand words, so it'll let this one cut this post down for me:

3Flr2oQ.png

In brief, some vanity shields aren't displaying properly for me, unless I have the status window open.

Image '1' is what I normally see with the Bozeman Titans vanity shield active on my ship. Obviously the black tones aren't quite right, showing up as more whitish grey. I haven't tested it extensively with other vanity shields, but I do note that the Liquidators vanity shield on a T6 Temporal Sci ship has slight differences in lighting. I tested the Bozeman vanity shield on several other ships on other characters, and got the same result.

Image '2' is what happens when I push 'u' and open up my character status. The skin now appears correctly in game, and also displays correctly in the preview window for the ship, too.

I also noticed that if I turn Lighting 2.0 off, the ship appears correctly with or without the status window open.

My graphics card is a Radeon RX 580, driver v.26.20.11015.5009.

EDIT- I just noticed that the vanity shield seems to work fine in sector space, it's just when I warp into a system that it's wonky.
Post edited by historiphile on