test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unjust AFK penalty

Due to high performance and damage output values exhibited by 65lvl players joining normal difficulty TFO instances, a player who joined that instance instead of dropped one is likely getting AFK Penalty for "not participating enough", e.g. because instance ends within dozen seconds after they join (including loading time), like it happened to me. l also happen to joined some normal difficulty TFOs as a low level character where team had players who could just wipe entire opposing force in time under a minute. I suppose, it's a way of power-leveling a friend, alt, or a test of damage output\build.

Possible solution: System may to take in account time spent within instance compared to the whole run's length. If its very low and cannot offer same percentage as supposed "participation", then system may not act or limit action to removing Reputation Mark reward for that instance without activating AFK global cooldown or the cooldown timer.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm certainly not a DPSer (lucky to hit near 20k most of the time) and I have yet to acquire an AFK penalty on Normal or Advanced queues. One does not need to do that much damage to participate and not get AFKed.

It certainly isn't a bug.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    miyuhogosha#8222 miyuhogosha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm certainly not a DPSer (lucky to hit near 20k most of the time) and I have yet to acquire an AFK penalty on Normal or Advanced queues. One does not need to do that much damage to participate and not get AFKed.

It certainly isn't a bug.

You missed the point where I said that player *may join TFO late*. For any reason, from system being slow to replace another player (maybe?). I don't know what causes me (or anyone else) pol in middle of fight or right during last boss fight. That's clearly happening and short TFO (which usually take 5-10 minutes take a minute or two. When I asked about that in Armada chat, I got response from 4 people , saying it happened more than once and fleet leader said that's a recurring issue now.

Last time I had it, is that I "pressed any button" and entered TFO which ended a few seconds later.

PS: It's AFC Armada btw.

PSS: 65\10 level mixture now happens in normal ones, though I think AFK isn't active there. At least, as my lvl 10 Klingon, I entered very first TFO available and saw T6 carrier above me. My bird was smaller than one of his swarmers, lol. SO far, none of her TFO runs were without lvl 60-65 player.