test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rearrange the fracking reputation tasks after t6 PLEASE!!!!!!

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
from rep t1-t5 the hourly/daily projects are on the top of the list with all other projects going under them where those projects belong. makes for a quick check-and-reset of the task and eliminates misclicks due to fatigue on the players part. nice quick and easy which with the rep list is what we need. so the devs go and after t6 what happens? we end up with like 4 projects that most of us might want to do once a year, maybe 2x, and 2 more we will likely only run 1x ever. then we have the hourly we click on like multiple times a day buried. what's worse is that a misclick due to fatigue and you have a high-cost project that you can't get rid of because no cancel button. do that 2x and you dump a lot of marks and maybe dil just to clear the slot.

please PLEASE put the hourly task on top where it belongs. it'll save time (for not spending an extra minute or 2 scrolling past the tasks and we won't have accidents due to fatigue. the most-used task should be on top, not buried elsewhere making us waste valuable time.

I HOPE this is read and listened to by the devs but it's likely a distant hope.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Why are you running hourly projects on a rep you already fully completed? That makes no sense.

The way it's listed now is logical and should remain in place. The top projects by the way, the Account Wide Discount, the Fleet Module, and the Vanity shield are all once off. Once you run them.. they're gone.. that's why they're at the top where they should be.

If you want to run the hourly, it's not like it's hard to do, scroll down to the 4th one..done. It's down there because 99% of all players have no interest in it once they reach T6.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Running hourly projects on t6 reps is a slow way of burning off the extra marks. Nearly 4.5k dil for all of them. It's a much better return on marks than the mark trade in store, just takes longer. For those dil mules with marks I have remaining, it's a quick and easy addition to the daily admiralty stuff.

I'm with the OP, put the hourly project at the top, I have no need to run the other projects on those alts. As I recall, the vanity shield project doesn't go away, you can rerun it for .... I have no idea why actually. :)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Why are you running hourly projects on a rep you already fully completed? That makes no sense.

The way it's listed now is logical and should remain in place. The top projects by the way, the Account Wide Discount, the Fleet Module, and the Vanity shield are all once off. Once you run them.. they're gone.. that's why they're at the top where they should be.

If you want to run the hourly, it's not like it's hard to do, scroll down to the 4th one..done. It's down there because 99% of all players have no interest in it once they reach T6.
    Wrong. The support project pays over twice the dil of direct mark conversion, so it's very much done by everyone who has spare marks.

The T6 one-offs should be in the upgrades slot like all the other tier one-offs and the support at the top of the regular slot like it used to be.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

slow burn but it gives dil/ec. part of the overall grind. besides why not? been habit for years.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It's one of those things that would be nice for those folks that frequently use hourly projects. It's not a game breaking thing either way though and the original post and thread title come off as a hysterical and massively unnecessary overreaction. Typical 1st world problems.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,158 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »
    so it's very much done by everyone who has spare marks.

Do you have evidence to support that claim?
    Word of Advice: Don't speak for everyone. You can only speak for yourself.

Some people may use that, but not everyone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The competitive Rep (at T6), costs 7500ec for the hourly, the box you get returns 10000ec. Sure you aren't going to get rich, but if you are doing hourly for dil, this returns your cash and then some.

Edit. I'm all for moving the vanity shield projects off the top of the list. It's the only one that stays after completing it once.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    so it's very much done by everyone who has spare marks.

Do you have evidence to support that claim?
    Word of Advice: Don't speak for everyone. You can only speak for yourself.

Some people may use that, but not everyone.
    If you were confused about me continuing the tone set by the post I was responding to, feel free to ask for clarification.

If not, why are you nitpicking about casual choice of words?
This discussion has been closed.