test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I just got reported ...

.... for using the obelisk carrier ship that you got by completing the iconian chain quests of a few years ago.
This person thought I was AFK because obviously he did not see that I was sending my hangar pets to do damage and completing the PvE mission instead of manouvering my ship brainlessly into the action.

HOW is it even possible that people still do not know this manner of playing? *picard facepalm*

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    don't worry nothing will come out of it. i just ignore those players, sometimes report back at ya ... thankfully the gm's that control those reports are not blind.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah while inefficient way to play(the game in balanced so that most efficient way for carrier is to use its own weapons in tandem with the small craft) that's not wrong way to play. In fact I do personally send my hangar pets to take aggro so that I can do non-combat objectives myself without having to worry about the mobs nearby.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Someone told me (and my friends/fleetmates, after I /ignored them) that they were reporting me for 'hacking' after they lost a biathlon to me on Risa.

Nothing ever happened.
    Someone told me (and my friends/fleetmates, after I /ignored them) that they were reporting me for 'hacking' after they lost a biathlon to me on Risa.

Nothing ever happened.

Yeah, "I lost the biathlon in Risa to this person therefore he must be hacking" is really weak argument, as it assumes the only way the person reporting could loose if the winner was cheating.

There's a reason why the devs/GMs demand rather strong evidence before they act on accusations of misdeeds and it's not because they don't care but rather in most cases it's a situation where you only got the word of both the accuser and the accused and it doesn't take a major genius to figure out that most people will not admit misdeeds even if they are guilty and also that some people might make false accusations because they're sore loosers or something similar.

To try to figure out who is in the right there takes a lot of work even when it's possible and must be done in a case by case basis. Most game companies simply don't have the resources for that. It's far more efficient to only act when there's strong indication of misdeeds to begin with, for example screenshots/vids that show the misdeeds or many seperate people are reporting the same person with similar desciptions of the misdeeds.

Note that I'm not accusing anyone here of anything but rather explaing why 90% of these reports go nowhere.
  • tosurotosuro Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Don't worry, I once have been reported for AFKing on Risa or something, I don't even know... Fortunately the GM wasn't as dense as the players who reported me.
    tosuro wrote: »
    Don't worry, I once have been reported for AFKing on Risa or something, I don't even know... Fortunately the GM wasn't as dense as the players who reported me.

wait what?! I thought the purpose of Risa was that it's a place you can AFK in and sometimes when you get bored or want the rewards do the activities.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I once got (supposedly?) reported, along with the rest of the team, by a very angry teen, during one of the PvPvE queues, for "our TRIBBLE losing ways"...

That was probably the funniest part of the whole TFO... It is good to know we have clowns around to make us laugh.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    There is no telling how many trust fund babies have reported me because their money didn't agree with me.